Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

hammerfan 12-25-2011 07:48 AM

It takes work. This time was especially hard for me because of all the bullshit I have in my life right now. But I also have a few family members that have either passed from or have been diagnosed with cancer.

The Villain 12-25-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 914197)
It takes work. This time was especially hard for me because of all the bullshit I have in my life right now. But I also have a few family members that have either passed from or have been diagnosed with cancer.

That really sucks. Sorry, that must be hard. Something like that would probably kick my ass into quitting. Its so stupid that it takes something like that though. My problem is that i know im never going to quit until i actually want to and right now i dont.

Fearonsarms 12-25-2011 04:09 PM

My mum and sisters have tried to quit several times and it's been hell for them-my problem is I enjoy smoking too much I'm really feeling it on my throat-getting out of breath very easily but I still smoke nonetheless-I'm a lost cause.

The Villain 12-25-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearonsarms (Post 914219)
My mum and sisters have tried to quit several times and it's been hell for them-my problem is I enjoy smoking too much I'm really feeling it on my throat-getting out of breath very easily but I still smoke nonetheless-I'm a lost cause.

Same with me

Sistinas666 12-26-2011 04:44 AM

I say fuck quitting. They make me happy. Same thing with booze and cocaine(gee....is it obvious I am an 80's guy?)

Why drag out a shitty broken life? Do what you like until it kills you.

FUCK RENTON.....I choose death.

RIP GG

TheWickerFan 12-26-2011 10:42 AM

I've never smoked, but I get so irritated by the constant lectures about how smoking is bad for you and those around you (second only to weight lectures). It almost makes me want to take up smoking out of spite.

The Villain 12-26-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWickerFan (Post 914323)
I've never smoked, but I get so irritated by the constant lectures about how smoking is bad for you and those around you (second only to weight lectures). It almost makes me want to take up smoking out of spite.

It does get annoying especially when you go to the doctor and they give you a big lecture about not smoking and then when you're leaving you see that same doctor or nurse out in the parking lot on a smoke break.

wizard of gore 12-26-2011 01:32 PM

i gave up for two years started gave up for a year,quit drinkin and have started again to help with social events.
i know i can give up again iv just got to want to ,its not that hard just a week or two feeling like shit,peice of piss compared to quiting drinking anyway

wizard of gore 12-26-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sistinas666 (Post 914088)
Hey Wizard, you may be my new best friend.....Check out a list of my favorite bands:

Reverend Horton Heat(seen them live 3 times)
The Nekromantix
The Meteors
Horrorpops
The Cramps
Elvis Hitler
Hank III
The Legendary Shack Shakers

And sooooo many more....We need to chat!;)

iv never heard elvis hitler hank3 or legendary shack shakers but have heard nothing but good things.cant stand horror pops but the rest are essential psychobilly listening.good to see another psychobilly bastard on here,at the mo im listening to

th magnetix
nigel lewis and the zorch men
space cadets
hellbats
the hangmen
graveyard johnnys

but im sure know one else on here cares to much so should move this convo to the music forum really

Fearonsarms 12-30-2011 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWickerFan (Post 914323)

Not to mention how vilifying smoking makes it seem really cool to kids-I live near a school unfortunately and I've lost count of the amount of schoolkids that have asked me for a cigarrette so they can show off with it to their mates.