Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Last Seen pre-1970 Classic/Vintage Horror Movie? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18488)

Repo'd 05-19-2016 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1013512)
Murders in the Zoo
Interesting flick. Great murder mystery type with animals used as the murder weapon. Ending was a bit random, and the comic relief took a little too much camera, but it was good regardless.

Accurate summary, Roi. It's entertaining, and the deliciously sinister performance from Lionel Atwill is a treat. God, do I love Atwill.

Roiffalo 05-19-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1013515)
Accurate summary, Roi. It's entertaining, and the deliciously sinister performance from Lionel Atwill is a treat. God, do I love Atwill.

Agreed! It needed less comic relief, more Atwill killing people with snake heads tied to his shoes. ::smile::

Repo'd 05-19-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1013525)
Agreed! It needed less comic relief, more Atwill killing people with snake heads tied to his shoes. ::smile::

No doubt, the funny advert man was an unneeded diversion. When you have Atwill and Kathleen Burke in your cast there's no need for comic relief. Are you familiar with another Atwill Classic called Dr. X? Too much funny guy in that one too, and Faye Wray co-stars!! The comedy stuff just takes away from the drama and feels like an interruption. It's not uncommon for movies of that era, but it's still fun to complain about. ::big grin::

Roiffalo 05-19-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1013529)
No doubt, the funny advert man was an unneeded diversion. When you have Atwill and Kathleen Burke in your cast there's no need for comic relief. Are you familiar with another Atwill Classic called Dr. X? Too much funny guy in that one too, and Faye Wray co-stars!!

The comedy stuff just takes away from the drama and feels like an interruption. It's not uncommon for movies of that era, but it's still fun to complain about. ::big grin::

I don't believe I have! Looked up a summary for it, it had me at 'cannibalistic murders'. ::love::

Complaining about movies is half the fun! ::smile::

Ferox13 05-20-2016 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1013525)

The opening scene of the film is fantastic - it set the bar too high for what followed.

Roiffalo 05-20-2016 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 1013543)
The opening scene of the film is fantastic - it set the bar too high for what followed.

My thoughts exactly!! I was expecting more twisted things like that to happen but was very much let down. Seems each kill got more and more boring as they went on. ::sad:: *again blames comic relief*

Repo'd 05-21-2016 02:50 AM

You guys thought the kills that took place after the first one were a let down?? Fake snake head assault? Feeding your cheating wife to alligators? Being strangled by a giant anaconda??? Wow, you guys must have had some high expectations.::big grin::

Roiffalo 05-21-2016 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1013572)
You guys thought the kills that took place after the first one were a let down?? Fake snake head assault? Feeding your cheating wife to alligators? Being strangled by a giant anaconda??? Wow, you guys must have had some high expectations.::big grin::

They weren't awful but c'mon. He sewed a guys mouth shut and abandoned him in the jungle to get eaten by tigers. How fun would it have been to torment his other victims a little before feeding them to the animals. ::devil::

roshiq 05-22-2016 01:41 AM

Una sull'altra aka Perversion Story aka One on Top of the Other (1969)

http://s32.postimg.org/qalfjnlmd/Fulci.jpg

>>: C+

SerialKiller 05-23-2016 10:59 AM

The Masque of the Red Death- 1964. Vincent. ::love::