Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

Roiffalo 12-20-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things (Post 1007937)

Santa?! ::love::
I hope he'll leave skulls in my stocking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1007958)
You don't have to deal with MovieLover12 anymore. He's been banned for a year.

Huzzah! -throws confetti-

http://33.media.tumblr.com/b5da749fb...Vdl1r287bx.gif

The Bloofer Lady 12-20-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1007960)
Santa?! ::love::
I hope he'll leave skulls in my stocking.

Huzzah! -throws confetti-

http://33.media.tumblr.com/b5da749fb...Vdl1r287bx.gif

Perhaps he'll leave you a little werewolf stuffie?

Dead Bad Things 12-21-2015 05:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Roiffalo 12-21-2015 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady (Post 1007963)
Perhaps he'll leave you a little werewolf stuffie?

My own Woof-Woof? That'd be awesome ::smile::

https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/56....293453920.jpg

hammerfan 12-21-2015 11:40 AM

Why are beauty pageants still popular?

horcrux2007 12-21-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1007975)

I have no clue. They're completely ridiculous.

On another note, I'm seeingoing Krampus tonight.

Sculpt 12-21-2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 1007976)
I have no clue. They're completely ridiculous.

On another note, I'm seeingoing Krampus tonight.

I completely agree. What's the real reasons women enter beauty contests?

Angra 12-22-2015 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1007994)

Because they are attention whores?

hammerfan 12-22-2015 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007998)

Bingo!

Dead Bad Things 12-22-2015 04:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Repo'd 12-22-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1007975)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1007994)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007998)

Some of the pageants award full college scholarships to the winner. I think that's a pretty good reason to have a go at it. Other than that, I think the whole pageant culture is ridiculous, but to each their own. If it makes them all happy and keeps them away from Horror cons and movies, then I'm all for them.::big grin::

hammerfan 12-22-2015 06:37 AM

I feel that they perpetuate the myth that women must be thin, young, and beautiful to get anywhere in the world. And continues the body image fight for young girls.

Repo'd 12-22-2015 08:31 AM

But it keeps these people away from OUR movies and OUR culture, Hammer! ::big grin::

Angra 12-22-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008019)
But it keeps these people away from OUR movies and OUR culture, Hammer! ::big grin::

That'd be nice, yes.

hammerfan 12-22-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008019)

LOL! ::stick out tongue::::big grin::

tfantasy 12-22-2015 10:06 AM

My stepdaughter is a pageant girl and I completely despise it!! It's her mom's doing and it's very nauseating!! I'm glad that she is having a son just so she doesn't pass on the bullshit to her own children. Pageants are bullshit and they are full of fake everything plus they spend thousands of dollars on gowns, costumes, and the shit to look fake. I DESPISE IT ::mad::::mad::::mad::::mad::::mad::::mad::

Despare 12-22-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1008012)
I feel that they perpetuate the myth that women must be thin, young, and beautiful to get anywhere in the world. And continues the body image fight for young girls.

All depends on who the judges are. We have contests for cutest baby, prettiest birds, magazines routinely write about their sexiest men and women of the year. I don't think it's a bad thing, beauty has a right to be celebrated.

horcrux2007 12-22-2015 01:24 PM

I find issue with the fact that they parade around the stage doing practically nothing and getting awarded for it.

Despare 12-22-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 1008032)
I find issue with the fact that they parade around the stage doing practically nothing and getting awarded for it.

I'm sure there's a good deal of work that goes into getting into the competition let alone the discipline required to look as if your happy but have never eaten a meal in your life. Nobody's required to like it (and from the list of sub-d list stars they had judging it can't be THAT popular).

Sculpt 12-22-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008007)
Some of the pageants award full college scholarships to the winner. I think that's a pretty good reason to have a go at it. Other than that, I think the whole pageant culture is ridiculous, but to each their own. If it makes them all happy and keeps them away from Horror cons and movies, then I'm all for them.::big grin::

I think we all know the scholarship is the respectability front -- it's very selection proves the beauty contest's innate shameful character.

Anyone requiring education, for the career-work that to serves their fellow man, should not need to parade their body on stage for sport to attain it.

Plus I don't mind beautiful people joining horror cons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1008012)

True, size, age & beauty should not restrict anyone from opportunity & success in areas where they aren't direct factors (like being a salesperson, educator or president). And persecuting anyone for these, or any reason, should never be tolerated.

Still, I don't see a problem with a healthy Body Mass Index being appreciated. Research clearly demonstrates "low weight" is healthier, including increasing longevity. Of course it must be pursued properly. Vomiting, "dieting" must end, and anorexia & bulimia cured/eradicated. More so, we have to face the tidal wave of diseases hitting us by way of obesity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 1008030)
All depends on who the judges are. We have contests for cutest baby, prettiest birds, magazines routinely write about their sexiest men and women of the year. I don't think it's a bad thing, beauty has a right to be celebrated.

We can appreciate without contest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 1008035)
I'm sure there's a good deal of work that goes into getting into the competition let alone the discipline required to look as if your happy but have never eaten a meal in your life. Nobody's required to like it (and from the list of sub-d list stars they had judging it can't be THAT popular).

True, discipline and self control should be appreciated.

Despare 12-22-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1008042)

We can appreciate without contest.

We can appreciate a lot of things without contest but people are competitive by nature. How far can you spit a watermelon seed? How many people can fit into a phonebooth? How fast can you drive a car? How long can you run without collapsing? We'll turn anything into a competition. :)

Sculpt 12-22-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 1008045)
We can appreciate a lot of things without contest but people are competitive by nature. How far can you spit a watermelon seed? How many people can fit into a phonebooth? How fast can you drive a car? How long can you run without collapsing? We'll turn anything into a competition. :)

Nah-uh!

Despare 12-22-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1008049)
Nah-uh!

Let's roll 37 dice then, 5 times each, the highest mean of all the rolls wins!

Repo'd 12-23-2015 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1008042)
I think we all know the scholarship is the respectability front -- it's very selection proves the beauty contest's innate shameful character.

Anyone requiring education, for the career-work that to serves their fellow man, should not need to parade their body on stage for sport to attain it.

Ive been poor all my life, Sculpt. Born and raised in the slums of Baltimore. Perhaps you could turn your nose up at a free education, but I could not. If I was awarded a scholarship based on my good looks and a modicum of talent, I'd accept gladly. I understand that these pageant contestants are rarely if ever in these same financial and social circumstances, but the principle still applies.

Dead Bad Things 12-23-2015 05:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Angra 12-23-2015 08:59 AM

I wonder if Vegas has swallowed Morningriser?

hammerfan 12-23-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1008060)
I wonder if Vegas has swallowed Morningriser?

He's been posting on Facebook. Looks like he's having a good time.

Angra 12-23-2015 09:23 AM

Good for him.

Repo'd 12-23-2015 10:24 AM

Cant wait til he comes back to finish the draft voting.

The suspense is killing me.

::stick out tongue::

Roiffalo 12-23-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008063)

I thought he gave up on the draft. Seems everyone else did.

Repo'd 12-23-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1008073)
I thought he gave up on the draft. Seems everyone else did.

Ahh, once again my sarcastic humor fails to translate to the keyboard.

Angra 12-23-2015 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008079)

Like I've always said, we need more smileys.

Sculpt 12-23-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008053)
Ive been poor all my life, Sculpt. Born and raised in the slums of Baltimore. Perhaps you could turn your nose up at a free education, but I could not. If I was awarded a scholarship based on my good looks and a modicum of talent, I'd accept gladly. I understand that these pageant contestants are rarely if ever in these same financial and social circumstances, but the principle still applies.

Join the group. I paid my own way through low paying jobs and living at home... but I think you completely missed my point. I said no one should have to parade themselves in a beauty contest to go to college.

Social (Fed/state/other) funds should pay for college. And those who receive those funds should also pay an additional amount in taxes. Society benefits from a well educated work force. Whereas no social funding perpetuates a class system, which destabilizes many aspects of society including government, criminality and corruption. (Bernie Sanders is correct on this)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008063)

Sarcasm aside, we all signed and participated this far to finish. Hopefully he'll pick it up again... after he gets up off the Vegas motel floor.

DeadbeatAtDawn 12-23-2015 03:34 PM

He told me to finish the draft, I don't want too. Anyone else want to take the reigns, go ahead. : )

yarryneil 12-23-2015 07:18 PM

Encounter at North Road House : Darkness vs. Evil

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...e8&oe=571B299B

[QUOTE=Sculpt;1007910]
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bloofer Lady (Post 1007900)

That is true, to a certain extent -

Roiffalo 12-24-2015 12:53 AM

Happy Christmas Eve, all! If I wasn't born in October, this would be the day I would've liked to have been born in its stead. Certainly not for lycanthropic reasons.

...Speaking of, there's a full moon this Christmas. Careful when out visiting family these next couple days. ::smile::

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1008079)

Ah dammit. ::big grin::

Anyway I don't think we can even finish the draft properly if not everyone actually cast their votes for all of them. I didn't get the chance for like two. I needed to check titles to see if I've seen them or not and didn't have time to the day I started voting, next thing I know voting was over. But it's not my game so -shrug-

I did have an idea for a movie game that everyone could play and at their own leisure, but eeeeeeeh. We've seen how well those go over.

Dead Bad Things 12-24-2015 05:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Sculpt 12-24-2015 02:25 PM

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AJ...7EzZMNbD_9=s85

whats your avatar from?

horcrux2007 12-24-2015 05:37 PM

I kinda like driving down old country roads at night. It's interesting thinking about what might be out there. Anyone else feel this way?

Sculpt 12-24-2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horcrux2007 (Post 1008118)
I kinda like driving down old country roads at night. It's interesting thinking about what might be out there. Anyone else feel this way?

You aren't old enough to drive, are you?

I used to really enjoy viewing the christmas lights of each house as our family drove a long way home from the large family christmas eve gathering.

driving down old country roads late at night, when it's cold and desolate, unnerves me, as cars & directions have failed me before. Walking down the same roads, or forestry, is more enjoyable to me.