Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Worst. Movie. Ever. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16371)

Sick_As_Fuck 06-26-2005 02:55 PM

Worst. Movie. Ever.

"Alone In The Dark"

:(

AUSTIN316426808 06-26-2005 02:56 PM

don't be so sure....

AUSTIN316426808 06-26-2005 02:58 PM

and there's House of the Dead and every other movie Uwe Boll has or will decide to make.

BH14 06-26-2005 03:14 PM

Those movies are oscar worthy movies compared to "Fear Dot Com".

Sick_As_Fuck 06-26-2005 05:08 PM

Both "House of the Dead" and "Fear Dot Com" are easily better than "Alone In The Dark". Easily.

IDrinkYourBlood 06-26-2005 05:43 PM

Id still have Alone in the Dark over Donnie Darko anyday

Elvis_Christ 06-26-2005 08:51 PM

Undead

and fucking Titanic

and everything that spews out of Ritchie Cunningham's ass onto the screen

TheOmen 06-26-2005 08:51 PM

Quote:

"Alone In The Dark"
Did you expect it to be anything but?

Hate_Breeder 06-26-2005 09:06 PM

They and Darkness Falls are the best movies ive ever seen!

phantomstranger 06-26-2005 09:34 PM

"The Blair Witch Project"-worst piece of crap ever put on film

Elvis_Christ 06-26-2005 09:35 PM

I liked Darkness Falls.... wasn't nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Beast in the Cellar would have to be up there with the worst horror movies ever.

zwoti 06-26-2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Undead
a bad bad film

Elvis_Christ 06-26-2005 11:03 PM

^^ Yeh totally I was really dissapointed. Glad I only hired it and didn't buy it.

bwind22 06-27-2005 04:34 AM

Alone in the Dark sucked, no doubt about that. But House of the Dead is hands down the shittiest film to come out of a regular studio with a mid-range budget in years!

Fear Dot Com was also really bad.

Donnie Darko was fucking awesome. I don't know what the hell IDrinkYourBlood is smoking...

Undead I have not seen. They are remaking it though (Or at least they are making a zombie movie called Undead. Not sure if it's a remake or not.)

Titanic... Pssht. What the hell did you watch Titanic for?

Blair Witch got built up too much by word of mouth so when I saw it, I totally thought it sucked. After renting and re-watching it though, I can appreciate what they got done on that small of a budget.

The_Return 06-27-2005 04:55 AM

Boogeyman

But it is definatly fun to watch....or to laugh at:p

slasherman 06-27-2005 05:02 AM

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/20/93/61m.jpg

Shade 06-27-2005 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IDrinkYourBlood
Id still have Alone in the Dark over Donnie Darko anyday
I LOVE Donnie Darko! My boyfriend brought over Alone in the Dark last week though. I fell asleep twice then just told him to stop the movie.

urgeok 06-27-2005 06:16 AM

a night to dismember.

i havent seen anything here mentioned that shows anywhere near the blatant hatred for any possible audience as this piece of runny shit does.

HappyCamper 06-27-2005 06:42 AM

here are my top three worst horror films I've seen:

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

urgeok 06-27-2005 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HappyCamper

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

the parents ?

you mean just 'parents' with Randy Quaid - the cannable parents ?

thats a great movie

zwoti 06-27-2005 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by HappyCamper

1. The Parents
2. The Church
3. Head of the Family

what's wrong with the church?

urgeok 06-27-2005 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by zwoti
what's wrong with the church?

i wasnt crazy about it myself - not a great Soavi effort ...

but not by any means one of the worst though ...

crippler666 06-28-2005 04:07 PM

Alien Encounters - starts off with a flying ball (like Phantasm), flying around the grand canyon...

... 1hr 45mins later....

... It met a few animals (didn't kill anything) and NOTHING HAPPENED

Now as poor as the above films were at least something died / action / poor plot... SOMETHING HAPPENED you didn't waste your money watching a VIDEO ADVERT FOR THE GRAND F@#'&*Ģ CANYON

(Please note I hold nothing against the Canyon nor its inhabitants, but after the nearlly 2hr ordeal, when I was hoping for gore... I was gutted)

shadowed_images 06-29-2005 08:48 AM

Here's two more for the list......

The Dead Hate the Living
Ring of Darkness

phantomstranger 06-29-2005 12:19 PM

How about "Children Should'nt Play With Dead Things"- a truly bad Living Dead rip off from the early '70s

Sick_As_Fuck 06-29-2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crippler666
Alien Encounters - starts off with a flying ball (like Phantasm), flying around the grand canyon...

... 1hr 45mins later....

... It met a few animals (didn't kill anything) and NOTHING HAPPENED

Now as poor as the above films were at least something died / action / poor plot... SOMETHING HAPPENED you didn't waste your money watching a VIDEO ADVERT FOR THE GRAND F@#'&*Ģ CANYON

(Please note I hold nothing against the Canyon nor its inhabitants, but after the nearlly 2hr ordeal, when I was hoping for gore... I was gutted)

Wow. That does sound pretty horrendous. But all alien movies are awful anyway.

Kreech 06-29-2005 08:39 PM

I've never seen Fear Dot Com or Alone in the Dark. For some reason the Fulci film "House by the Cemetary" is unwatchable to me. It's not cheesy, it's not shitty at all really, i for some reason just cannot sit through it.

Oh yeah, Squirm was terrible too. Just watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 if you can get ahold of some episodes, and you'll see some shitty movies.

bloodrayne 06-29-2005 08:40 PM

If you guys think THESE movies are bad...You should see Full Moon Video's 'Killjoy'..........Umm, on second thought, you really shouldn't...No one should...EVER......It was embarassing to watch...

bwind22 06-30-2005 01:30 AM

Full Moon is very hit or miss. Haven't seen Killjoy though, it didn't look too good, so I skipped over that one.

Fulci movies tend to be too slow moving (for the most part, but there are a few exceptions.) for my taste.

Vodstok 06-30-2005 08:16 AM

Fear of the dark, starring the kid who played Terry in DOTD 04. Fucking dull, poorly written, horribly acted, just fucking lame. The kind of movie that will use "darn" where the word "fuck" was clearly appropriate.

Slashers, from Fangoria. Stupid, stupid stupid. Horrible concept, horrible acting (some of the worst i have ever seen), terrible directing, a completely uninteresting "twist", and the most ridiculous, laugh-inducing tit shot on earth.

AUSTIN316426808 06-30-2005 11:25 AM

Scarecrow Slayer is pretty fucking horrible too

Elvis_Christ 06-30-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kreech
I've never seen Fear Dot Com or Alone in the Dark. For some reason the Fulci film "House by the Cemetary" is unwatchable to me. It's not cheesy, it's not shitty at all really, i for some reason just cannot sit through it.

Oh yeah, Squirm was terrible too. Just watch Mystery Science Theater 3000 if you can get ahold of some episodes, and you'll see some shitty movies.

Squirm is a great movie :eek:

Anything with Leonardo De Caprio in it is right up there in the worst movies of all time. I see someone attacked him :D that man deserves a drink to be brought for him.

BH14 06-30-2005 10:15 PM

Have you seen "The Basketball Diaries", "Whats eating Gilbert Grape", "Titanic", "The Beach", "The Aviator", "The Man in the Iron Mask", etc? ......... I think he is a very good young actor. You may not like his movie but I wouldnt consider him as a bad actor.

krelian 07-01-2005 12:01 AM

AUSTIN316426808 you're right, seriously you people don't have a clue until you've seen "Sick". A friend of mine rented that movie for a dollar and we watched it and were laughing through half of the movie. Eventually it got to the point where it was past funny and just pathetic. The movie looks like something some high school kids did for a project

EXTR3MIST 07-01-2005 04:34 AM

Quote:

Blair Witch got built up too much by word of mouth so when I saw it, I totally thought it sucked. After renting and re-watching it though, I can appreciate what they got done on that small of a budget.
You knew you had decided the film was bad before even watching it - makes you realise there are an awful lot of cynical sheep out there all celebrating and deriding the same damn things not because of merit, but because of fashion.

This syndrome has reached its festering nadir with the recent Star Wars prequels - no longer are people prepared to just go along for the ride.

Perhaps the weight of disbelief is becoming too heavy for today's film audiences.

The_Return 07-20-2005 08:05 AM

2 Worst Horror Movies EVER-

Jigsaw
Wes Craven's Chiller

Those arent even bad in a good way like House of the Dead or Boogeyman....

Sick_As_Fuck 07-20-2005 11:27 AM

I was actually pleasantly suprised by "Boogeyman".

Angra 07-20-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
I was actually pleasantly suprised by "Boogeyman".

Well, it definitely isnīt the worst horror movie ever made.

SodaGirl 07-20-2005 12:33 PM

"They" is my pick for worst movie.

I haven't seen "Alone in the Dark" but wow does everyone say it's terrible. I like Slater a lot and considered seeing it for that reason alone, but I'll pass.

Steve_Hutchison 07-20-2005 01:49 PM

Savage Vengeance is probably the biggest piece of crap on the planet.