Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Vincent Price Classics (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65326)

Repo'd 07-15-2015 10:42 AM

So many great Price films. My list of favorites is long, to say the least. I have always loved The Tingler, and I count it as one of the films I saw as a little kid, and started me on my path to becoming a horror freak. I also am a huge fan of the other Castle/Price collaborations, but my favorite Price flick and performance would be Theater of Blood. I do realize that it's essentially a rethinking of Dr. Phibes, but Vincent Price reciting Shakespeare for about half the movie?? Dear lord, it's a dream come true.

horrorlverwv 07-26-2015 10:35 AM

vincent price

i have dr phibes and also dr phibes rises again, both very good and amazing films.

Martha 08-12-2015 07:23 AM

The Mad magician was included as one of 4 horror films in a recent set I bought.

One of Price's earlier horror films.

Neat little flick!

hammerfan 08-12-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha (Post 998756)
The Mad magician was included as one of 4 horror films in a recent set I bought.

One of Price's earlier horror films.

Neat little flick!

Ooohhh, I've never heard of that one! I'll have to look for it. Thanks Martha!

Martha 08-12-2015 07:37 AM

It's available from Amazon for $5.96 new.

It's called Classic Horror 4 Pak

It also includes

Five
The Terror Of The Tongs
The Man Who Turned To Stone

hammerfan 08-12-2015 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martha (Post 998760)
It's available from Amazon for $5.96 new.

It's called Classic Horror 4 Pak

It also includes

Five
The Terror Of The Tongs
The Man Who Turned To Stone

Thanks, Martha!

ZombiLuv 09-15-2015 08:07 PM

Last weekend was my local Drive In's Monsterama and Friday night was Vincent Price night. Sadly I could only stay for the first 2 films but they are 2 of my fave. The Pit and The Pendulum & Masque of Red Death

Roiffalo 09-16-2015 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombiLuv (Post 1000770)
Last weekend was my local Drive In's Monsterama and Friday night was Vincent Price night. Sadly I could only stay for the first 2 films but they are 2 of my fave. The Pit and The Pendulum & Masque of Red Death

Was this in Pitt? That sounds fantastic. I'll have something to look for when I go back to visit if so.

Repo'd 09-16-2015 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombiLuv (Post 1000770)

In Vandergrift, Pa? Oh, we almost went, but figured we should save the money for Monster Bash in October. It looked like a great lineup! I was especially excited about Fearless Vampire Killers...but alas, we didnt attend.

hammerfan 09-16-2015 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1000787)
In Vandergrift, Pa? Oh, we almost went, but figured we should save the money for Monster Bash in October. It looked like a great lineup! I was especially excited about Fearless Vampire Killers...but alas, we didnt attend.

You passed up a chance to see Fearless Vampire Killers on the big screen?! ::shocked::