Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Werewolf of London (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20552)

Doc Faustus 02-13-2006 07:10 PM

Werewolf of London

Having recently picked up the Wolfman monster legacy collection,I got to see this absolute gem. Warner Oland as the enigmatic Japanese scientist is cool and menacing, the makeup is cool and the plot cohesive. I was curious as to what classic buffs like Filmmaker and Return thought of this. I'm thinking in many ways it's superior to the Lon Chaney wolfman and cutting edge stuff for 1935. So, I started this thread to see what classic buffs who have seen this think of it and to recommend it to those who haven't caught it yet. The Legacy collections have gotten quite affordable. I wasn't able to get ahold of them before, but now they're much more accessible to the more sporadically employed among us.

alkytrio666 02-14-2006 09:51 AM

Get the Invisible Man collection next. They're all good, but I perticularly like that one.

The_Return 02-14-2006 04:44 PM

I havent got around to watching all of this one yet. Started it after a LOOOONG day, but I dosed off about 5 minutes into it:o. What I saw seemed pretty good though, I have to give a proper viewing soon.

novakru 02-14-2006 06:28 PM

This does sound interesting,I haven't heard of it.

Good to see you again Doc.

urgeok 02-15-2006 03:13 AM

i have all 6 of the Legacy collections (i dont have the hammer one yet)

and i'm ashamed to say that i havent watched a single film yet ...

but this werewolf one in particular is the most intriguing ... probably because i like the title ..

alkytrio666 02-15-2006 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
i have all 6 of the Legacy collections (i dont have the hammer one yet)

and i'm ashamed to say that i havent watched a single film yet ...

but this werewolf one in particular is the most intriguing ... probably because i like the title ..

I'm assuming you've seen most, if not all, of the Hammer movies in that set. How are they? I've been eyeing the set for awhile, but I don't know how much I'd like 'em.

urgeok 02-15-2006 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
I'm assuming you've seen most, if not all, of the Hammer movies in that set. How are they? I've been eyeing the set for awhile, but I don't know how much I'd like 'em.
i've seen very few of them ...

hammerfan has though .. she can give a good recount of the films ..

Elvis_Christ 02-15-2006 07:26 PM

Hammer Horror just doesn't do it for me.

urgeok 02-16-2006 03:34 AM

i like them (i know - they are more talk than action) but the actors are top-notch and there's far more attention paid to atmosphere.

i just havent been able to find that many...

hammerfan 02-16-2006 04:07 AM

Gee, I was wondering why my ears were burning! :D

I've seen almost all of the Hammer films. I have the box set that has Brides of Dracula, Curse of the Werewolf, etc.

The Hammer movies are my favorites (remember I'm older than most of you) simply because of what urgeok has already said re: the actors being top-notch (Christopher Lee is da man in my book) and the atmosphere was fantastic. (see, urgeok, this is why you and I get along so well!)

If you want to know about any movie in particular, feel free to ask me here or you can PM me.

Now, if you want to know about any movie that has Ingrid Pitt, in it, the man to go to is DraculaInDallas.