Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   80's Horror Recommendations Needed (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68655)

Sculpt 08-25-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1033092)
Everything is bigger in older movies! TVs, Cars, Phones, Computers, Radios, etc.

I feel like with each passing decade the items we use every day grow smaller and smaller...

What about toothbrushes?

deaddread 08-25-2018 06:30 PM

A lot of cool looking titles to work with, I'm going to be watching trailers for a while. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Sculpt 08-25-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1033120)
A lot of cool looking titles to work with, I'm going to be watching trailers for a while. Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Cool! Glad we could hip ya to some movies. Let us know which ones you really liked. It's good feedback.

deaddread 08-26-2018 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032960)
The Return of the Living Dead?

I've heard of that one but I haven't seen it.

deaddread 08-26-2018 04:42 AM

Thanks for the recommendations, looks like a good variety! I watched Pieces and I really enjoyed it! Blood Diner looks promising. I've heard of Cannibal Holocaust and I don't think I would care for it much but I'm interested in the other films you have on the list.

deaddread 08-26-2018 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032967)
Speaking of Rats: Night of Terror I would also reccomend Hell of the Living Dead. It's a zombie movie that is so bad that it's good and those were both made by the same director

Is it also called Escape from the Insane Asylum? I saw a few posters that looked pretty rad. I really like "bad" horror as well- the most recent one I've seen is Shocker by Craven.

LuvablePsycho 08-26-2018 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1033133)
Is it also called Escape from the Insane Asylum? I saw a few posters that looked pretty rad. I really like "bad" horror as well- the most recent one I've seen is Shocker by Craven.

I don't think so but it also goes by the titles of "Night of the Zombies", "Zombie Creeping Flesh", and "Virus".

LuvablePsycho 08-26-2018 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1033130)
I've heard of that one but I haven't seen it.

You might like it. It's a very 80's zombie movie about a bunch of punk era teenagers who decide to party in a cemetery where the dead come back to life as zombies. It's kind of like a horror-comedy. ::smile::

Oro13 09-03-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1033131)
Thanks for the recommendations, looks like a good variety! I watched Pieces and I really enjoyed it! Blood Diner looks promising. I've heard of Cannibal Holocaust and I don't think I would care for it much but I'm interested in the other films you have on the list.

Blood Diner is a blast, definitely check it out, especially if you dig the dark comedy elements of movies like Evil Dead, Demons, Dead Alive, etc. Also, if you like over the top slashers like Pieces, Intruder is worth a watch.

Cannibal Holocaust is not for everyone, to be sure, but I tried to throw a variety at you to help narrow down future recommendations.

deaddread 06-05-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1032982)
The Gate
Halloween 3
Silver Bullet
The Wraith
Lost Boys
Pumpkinhead

Have now seen the Gate (I liked it), Silver Bullet (that was really fun), Pumpkinhead was super dope. I didn't know the same team that did the special effects for Alien did Pumpkinhead as well. I saw the Lost Boys a while back and remember liking it. Recently I re-watched the original Halloween but I haven't seen all of the Halloween movies so maybe I'll make a night of it.