Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Last Seen Contemporary Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63920)

cheebacheeba 04-20-2019 08:03 PM

Just got done with Aquaman.

Never really a character I've followed too much (aside from this series called "sword of atlantis" with a different titular character) outside of his appearances in Justice League and the like.

I felt this was a pretty well done, self contained film.
In fact I'd say I'd rate this as the best of the current run of DC movies.
I felt like Atlantis itself was maybe a bit busy/over the top, but hey, they were going for wow factor I guess.
The storyline is simplistic though serviceable.
I thought it really shone in the combat sequences...the first fight between Aquaman and his brother felt SO comic book, but you could see what was going on and it just looked and felt like it should.
Bit effectsy, but yeah I enjoyed it, in fact much more than I thought it would.

DeadbeatAtDawn 04-21-2019 05:45 AM

The Passion of the Christ, 2004. 7/10

Directed by Mel Gibson

Thumb resize.

Amalthea_unicorn 04-21-2019 07:00 AM

Quarantine

Tommy Jarvis 04-21-2019 11:39 AM

The Pool: A good thriller that uses everything to it's advantage and builds up tension very well. Granted, it does get a bit forced/convoluted at times. But the story telling does keep you involved in the plot, and there even is time time for a laugh or two.

Cut Off (aka Abgeshnitten): A very enjoyable serial killer flick with Moritz Bleibtrau shining again. It does follow some of the genre tropes, but at least it does not go for every low hanging fruit. Example: the one character you would expect to be in cahoots with the killer turns out not to be.

Amalthea_unicorn 04-22-2019 06:48 AM

Insidous

Bloof 04-22-2019 03:39 PM

ATTACK THE BLOCK 2011

British sci/fi dark comedy. A gang of youths try to battle aliens in their neighborhood.

Quite funny and i would gladly recommend it.

cheebacheeba 04-22-2019 04:57 PM

That jedi guy was in it right? The traitor?

Bloof 04-23-2019 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1037986)
That jedi guy was in it right? The traitor?

Yep, and the lady who plays Dr. Who.

The Villain 04-23-2019 04:42 AM

Mercy Black

This was not good. It could've been if they had focused more on making it creepy and atmospheric instead of relying on cliches and jump scares. This could've been a good story about viral legends and the things children or just people in general do when they believe in something awful. The acting is terrible and there's nothing scary about the Mercy Black creature.

3/10

hammerfan 04-23-2019 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1037998)
Mercy Black

This was not good. It could've been if they had focused more on making it creepy and atmospheric instead of relying on cliches and jump scares. This could've been a good story about viral legends and the things children or just people in general do when they believe in something awful. The acting is terrible and there's nothing scary about the Mercy Black creature.

3/10

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll delete it from the queue.