Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Help Us Cheeba, You're Our Only Hope... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51305)

ferretchucker 06-05-2009 03:05 PM

Help Us Cheeba, You're Our Only Hope...

I need your recipe for the hottest chili you can think of. :o The target audience is 14-15 year olds. For one of my subjects at school, we have to do what is effectively some kind of community service to raise money or awareness. I won't go too deeply into it, but basically it involves a very hot chili. If possible, very few vegetables and quite easy to get hold of the ingredients. I want as many people as possible to want to try this. :cool:

newb 06-05-2009 04:02 PM

Go for it Cheebs....I could always use a new chili recipe http://bestsmileys.com/eating1/15.gif

dewaholic 06-05-2009 04:37 PM

Slice up jabeneros or jalepenos and put in there. Also put in green chiles. The stuff will be hot and you'll (they'll) probably need a drink by you (them) I'd eat it for sure.

scouse mac 06-05-2009 04:42 PM

Its easy enough, FC.

Fry up some minced beef with onions, add a bit of chopped tomatoes and add chilli powder & green/red chillis. Season to taste.

Papillon Noir 06-05-2009 08:08 PM

I had some chili with buffalo and pork instead of beef recently. Very tender. It was good and I don't even like chili.

bwind22 06-05-2009 08:36 PM

I don't know a good chili recipe but I can give you one hint...

Use jabenero (pronounced Ha-ben-air-o) peppers. People will be in tears from the hotness. Just make sure there is a bathroom in the vicinity.

cheebacheeba 06-06-2009 12:11 AM

Yes I'd go habanero as your main heat supply, but if you wanted to get different levels of flavour, and adjust it to taste, get some red birdseye chillis, some banana chillis, some red capsicum and yellow capsicum (you guys in the uk call 'em capsicums too right?) some pickled fefferoni.
Now, lightly pan fry/toast half of the quantities of each...textures and flavours can change a lot this way and it'll leave you more to work with.
Grill half of the capsicums whole (well...whole halves, ha) and leave the rest raw, remove the seeds prior.
That should have you covered but I should let you know - if it's what the folks in the states call "chili" as a dish, I can't really help you I'm afraid as I haven't encountered that specific dish much.

I would normally leave it at that, but since you asked me I'll give it a shot from imagination.

I mean I'd make your "hot" stuff mentioned above as you like it, and leave that aside...I'd probably try throwing in some cilantro (leaf corriander) lemon juice over some whole red tomatoes that you've pan roasted in oil, add tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, a bunch of garlic (about 2/3 of it grilled) and some cumin, maybe throw in a stick of cinnamon, and 4-5 juniper berries, just leave that sit for a while.
I'd have a vegetable stock on hand to use during cooking.
Onions, leave some fresh, slightly "sweat" the others.
For other veggies, I dunno...maybe chop some carrot and green beans, keep those aside. I'd add some eggplant personally which you'd put in at the same time as the meat.
Mix in some of your "hot" mixture to some minced beef/lamb/whatever you prefer.
Seperate your minced whatever it is into peices, then brown it in a light oil while seasoning, make sure you use some nice chunky black pepper and some chilli powder + cayenne pepper, use a preheated pan and a medium to high heat to seal 'em up but not cook the meat through at this stage, you still want the middle pink so don't cook it all the way through just get some colour on all sides. (You may also want to fry just a bit of tomato paste around it...this can be nice.)
Throw the rest of the "hot" ingredients to the other (tomato etc) stuff, and bring up the temperature fairly high, throw in a little butter.
When it's boiled up, some throw in your minced meat and turn it down to simmer...there should be some browned/caramelised residue from the meat on your pan, take that up by pouring in some of your vege stock and attacking it with a wooden spoon...add whatever you've got left in the pan there to your pot.
Add the onions.
Add your meat, simmer for about an hour to an hour and a half?
As the liquid concentrates and shrinks, stir and add a little bit more stock maybe 1/3 glass at a time, just keep the liquid at roughly the same level, add your carrots and beans if you've cut those up and kept aside, during say the last 15 minutes. Add a touch of thyme and parsley when it's about done.
I suppose you don't need the veggies...but I'd still add the onion and garlic at very least, and the tomatoes.

Er...so that's what I would call one o those "chili" dishes if I hadda make one.
USA folks can tell me how wrong I got it, ha.
For as many times as I've seen it, and heard of it, it's just "meat, chilli" and pretty much nondescript otherwise. Seems like something you might throw some rice or pasta into eh?

Disease 06-06-2009 12:43 AM

Capsicums = peppers in the U.K

Ferox13 06-06-2009 01:35 AM

Just add have a bottle of these - doesn't matter whats in your chilli as every one will be hospitalized :-)

http://www.scorchio.co.uk/images/dav...nity-sauce.jpg

Elvis_Christ 06-06-2009 03:57 AM

Is it really the hottest sauce like it claims?