Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

Sculpt 10-30-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1040066)
Oh my. Wait, really?

Btw y'all I have built a new forum and it has it's own domain.

Please visit and post. It would be a super big help to me.

http://metalheadsandhorror.com/

I will check it out and post right now, my friend!

Sculpt 10-30-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1040140)
First snow! ::love::

Chi town, south?

Bloof 10-30-2019 12:51 PM

BUSY DAY TOMORROW KIDDIES, SO I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL THE SPOOKIEST HALLOWEEN EVER! LOVE YA!

MichaelMyers 10-30-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040149)
BUSY DAY TOMORROW KIDDIES, SO I WANT TO WISH YOU ALL THE SPOOKIEST HALLOWEEN EVER! LOVE YA!

Happy Halloween Bloof. Let's make this the best one yet. ::devil::

DeadbeatAtDawn 10-30-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1040148)
Chi town, south?

Northwest burbs.

hammerfan 10-31-2019 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040149)

Have fun with the grands, Bloof!

Bloof 11-01-2019 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1040150)
Happy Halloween Bloof. Let's make this the best one yet. ::devil::

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1040161)
Have fun with the grands, Bloof!

Thanks guys!

Sculpt 11-01-2019 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040179)
Thanks guys!

So howd it go?! What were the kids dressed as? You walk around the neighborhood, going door to door? Anyone try to scare the kids? Some scary house decorations? Carve a pumpkin?

Kat 11-01-2019 07:59 PM

I can only apologise for not being about for quite some time - I had a lot of personal issues going on, mainly with my father being ill and passing on a short while ago. I ended up closing myself off.

Yesterday, I tried to get in, and it took about four attempts to get in here, sent two emails - one to the admin (which bounced back, saying it couldn't be sent), and one to the admin again via the forum form, of which after having been sent, presented me with a blank page). So I gave up for the night, and tried again this morning, and I finally got in..!

Angra 11-01-2019 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat (Post 1040189)
I can only apologise for not being about for quite some time - I had a lot of personal issues going on, mainly with my father being ill and passing on a short while ago. I ended up closing myself off.

Yesterday, I tried to get in, and it took about four attempts to get in here, sent two emails - one to the admin (which bounced back, saying it couldn't be sent), and one to the admin again via the forum form, of which after having been sent, presented me with a blank page). So I gave up for the night, and tried again this morning, and I finally got in..!

Sounds about right. There’s no admin here anymore. Only Zuul.

Kat 11-01-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1040194)
Sounds about right. There’s no admin here anymore. Only Zuul.

No Gate Keeper?

anglewitch 11-02-2019 12:40 AM

I'm the gae keeper

Bloof 11-02-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1040180)
So howd it go?! What were the kids dressed as? You walk around the neighborhood, going door to door? Anyone try to scare the kids? Some scary house decorations? Carve a pumpkin?

A zombie cheerleader, a red-eyed wraith and optimus prime. We went down into the village. The weather was MISERABLE. There is a local woman who turns her front porch into a Witch's lair and its quite well done. Lots of pop-outs that scare the kids.

Sculpt 11-03-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040199)
A zombie cheerleader, a red-eyed wraith and optimus prime. We went down into the village. The weather was MISERABLE. There is a local woman who turns her front porch into a Witch's lair and its quite well done. Lots of pop-outs that scare the kids.

Sounds like fun! kids enjoy themselves? what kind of popout scares? I think the only popup scare I saw as a kid is the dude who pops his head up of the metal square of the screen door. ::big grin::

Bloof 11-03-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1040216)
Sounds like fun! kids enjoy themselves? what kind of popout scares? I think the only popup scare I saw as a kid is the dude who pops his head up of the metal square of the screen door. ::big grin::

Kind of the same thing. Her teenagers would run down the driveway with a chainsaw from behind a hedge. Some dressed as werewolves and popped their heads out of a window. The witch lays dead til you get close to her and then she pops up. They were suitably scared but the weather did kill the mood.

cheebacheeba 11-03-2019 12:39 PM

I used to just simulate late night car jacking when my mother returned.

MichaelMyers 11-09-2019 12:29 PM

If you could watch any horror movie at a drive-in theater, what would it be?

Bloof 11-10-2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 1040291)
If you could watch any horror movie at a drive-in theater, what would it be?

Good grief...all of them, lol. Fright Night and Lost Boys would be a start for me.

cheebacheeba 11-10-2019 04:37 AM

North by Northwest.
I envy people who got to see this on the big screen.

kerr9000 11-10-2019 07:25 AM

Id want to see old classics like The Tingler, Night of the Living Dead stuff like that. My home town had a small one screen cinema I was in all the time as a kid when it shut down I always said if I won the lottery id buy it and show old horror on the cheap, was always a big dream of mine.

anglewitch 11-11-2019 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 19598
First kill of the season.

Sculpt 11-12-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglewitch (Post 1040314)
Attachment 19598

Where did you hit it? Videos always just show a shot and they drop... I was always curious, do they go down unconscious if you hit them anywhere in the chest or head? How's that work?

cheebacheeba 11-13-2019 12:31 PM

I hear if you shoot them in the dick, they bite it off.

Sculpt 11-13-2019 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1040333)

Kinda… if it gets caught in a trap, it's lunch.

anglewitch 11-13-2019 04:02 PM

Usually I am behind the shoulder blade and into the vitals. Typically that hits there heart. They sometimes go a short distance then fall over because the heart is shutdown.
This one due to my positioning I shot him below the spine into the lungs. He was dead before he hit the ground.

anglewitch 11-13-2019 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1040333)

Damn, wtf?

cheebacheeba 11-13-2019 11:20 PM

Try it

Angra 11-14-2019 12:29 AM

Start with my own dick.

Bloof 11-14-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Attachment 19598

I know he's dead but it eyes are open like its alive! I just dont know if i could do it though i know its legal and saves a lot of them from a starving winter.

cheebacheeba 11-14-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040349)
I know he's dead but it eyes are open like its alive! I just dont know if i could do it though i know its legal and saves a lot of them from a starving winter.

See what you do then, is you aim for the eyes so you won't have to look at them.
Leave 'em like Darry

anglewitch 11-24-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1040348)
Start with my own dick.

No, too much cheese there

Sculpt 11-24-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Attachment 19598

How long did you take you to clean and fully cut and package all the meat?

DeadbeatAtDawn 11-28-2019 02:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving HDC!

http://www.arkiv.filmfenix.se/wp-con...rdu-Dinner.jpg

Bloof 11-28-2019 04:44 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! We had ours already up here in the Great White North (early October). Enjoy your turkeys!🦃

hammerfan 11-29-2019 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1040487)
Happy Thanksgiving! We had ours already up here in the Great White North (early October). Enjoy your turkeys!🦃

Thanks, Bloof! Ate way too much, of course! But, at least I didn't have to cook! ::big grin::

ZKnight 12-06-2019 02:24 PM

Rant. Apologies ahead of time.

Is anyone else getting tired of this ongoing debacle over genre movies and superhero movies not being "cinema"? I think Martin Scorsese is dead wrong.

The Shining is one of the best movies ever made.
The Exorcist is one of the best movies ever made.
The Dark Knight is one of the best movies ever made.
Ghostbusters is one of the best movies ever made.

There are good films and bad films, and that's really it, imo. Everything is cinema. To say that Taxi Driver is more "cinematic" than Joker, or Goodfellas is more "cinematic" than Jurassic Park, is just asinine to me.

Sculpt 12-07-2019 10:44 PM

I think most of the marvel films convey emotion, thoughts and ideas. It's mainly light entertainment, not melodrama, but that doesn't make it non cinematic.

Elvis_Christ 12-08-2019 03:08 AM

Cinematic snobbery is all it is. I can appreciate lowbrow right thru to high art. It all depends on the mood I'm in. He just came off as old and bitter to me... just like when he was complaining about Netflix films not being real cinema.

cheebacheeba 12-08-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Is anyone else getting tired of this ongoing debacle over genre movies and superhero movies not being "cinema"? I think Martin Scorsese is dead wrong.
Ok...I mean I can understand someone thinking this about superhero movies...because the vast majority of them are just popcorn flicks...doesn't make them "bad" but I can get why they're not taken very seriously.

There are shades though...You mentioned the Dark Knight, fair enough. I'm with that.
Batman 89, The Watchmen. The Boys series. 300. Sin City. Spider-Verse.
Some not just good, some fucking great.

But we also have "Ms Marvel", "The Phantom", Howard the Duck, STEEL, Spawn BVS and Superman 4 up there.
There is WAY more bad examples than good ones if you ask me...though I'm not about to dismiss the entire genre.

Scorsese was a fine director...but yknow...wouldn't have killed him to try something different for once in his life.

While I may question the taste of a person that ONLY watches popular films/popcorn flicks...or, perhaps not taste but unwillingness to branch out for their own experience...what it really comes down to is this;

A movie is a movie is a movie - the quality is subjective, and tastes are malleable dependent upon your mood at the time.
If you're someone that says otherwise, or will only watch movies and/or listen to music that makes them feel somehow superior or "of better taste", then you're a self important, pretentious fuckstick.

ZKnight 12-10-2019 04:52 AM

What's bizarre to me is that movies are one of the only mediums that don't celebrate their own art equally / let them all have a place at the table at awards ceremonies.

The Grammies include all music genres. Best Hip-Hop Artist, Best Country Album, Best Pop Video, etc. Why wouldn't the Oscars just have a category for each genre? Best Horror Film, Best Comedy Film, etc.