Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

anglewitch 02-25-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1037066)
I swear if I see one more girl with blue or green hair...I'll...do nothing, but seriously, enough with the fucking blue and green, chicks.

You should see the ones with purple and white. It's really starting to get obnoxious.

cheebacheeba 02-25-2019 02:14 AM

Purple I find more appealing as a colour and tends to be lesser numbers where I live so doesn't bother me as much.

The white hair thing just looks stupid. Wait. You'll get there.

anglewitch 02-25-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1037078)
Purple I find more appealing as a colour and tends to be lesser numbers where I live so doesn't bother me as much.

The white hair thing just looks stupid. Wait. You'll get there.

I don't care much for women with the bright purple hair. I like dark imperialist purple.

I can't wait to get white hair. I will shape it like exador or black from this island Earth. And grow a large for head.

Morningriser 03-22-2019 04:08 PM

Lesson learned; from now on when I'm here I will keep all my thoughts to myself so we can just all go on playing Make-Believe.

I'll be a good boy until somebody gives me a reason not to be.

cheebacheeba 03-22-2019 04:54 PM

Dude come on. It's not like that.
We've talked about this, and maybe steering your posts more in ratio of horror discussion over endless full page length experiences with illicit substances (some, fine...like I said, ratio) and try not to instigate or take part in any kind of drama, attention seeking, or negativity.

Is this your first post since being back?
You know, as well as I do...that this kind of thing, the deliberate "woe is me" baiting, will be inflammatory and will just bring up old shit again.
But they did this, but they said this, etc etc...it is stupid, circular behaviour.

If you can't move forward, nobody will, then it'l turn into the same thing again, and you'll be...not here...and there's precious little members here already.
Reel it in. Please.

cheebacheeba 03-22-2019 05:15 PM

Back on track then - Random thoughts/stuff here.

Today we're going for Brazlian style BBQ ~churrasco~ to celebrate both myself and Spals b'day.
(mine was back in January, hers is actually today, March 23)
Never been before, but I love the style of cooking, and some of the menu items just look delicious. All you can eat, so I'm just going to try to load up on meat.
They have grilled skewers of chicken hearts...I've had those before, but not like this. Looking forward to it heaps.
...Hm, I might duplicate this bit into my food thread...

Also, myself and Spal have actually recently had our 20th anniversary.
Crazy, right?
We met pretty young.
We haven't actually been married that long, but we specifically aimed to get married on the same day to keep the date - and we did, so yeah it's our 20th.

So I suck at gifts, but apparently I chose a pretty good one.
I got my first ink, for her.
I totally kept it covert and said I hadda go pick something up, and that it was something that we could share, but it's really more like just something to look at.
Just on the underside of my wrist, plain black joined roman numeral XX for 20.
Gotta say the pain level was actually barely there for me. I felt it, sure. But weirdly, I actually kind of enjoyed it - it was almost like scratching an intense itch, a little bit like getting a low grade, focused electrical shock.
I'd do it again.
I went and got it done, and brought us back breakfast with her gift "in my hand behind my back" and said this'll look better when we unwrap it.
I think it's the one time I've been able to actually surprise her, so, win.

Morningriser 03-22-2019 05:51 PM

It was a joke dude. Am I not allowed to make those anymore? In all seriousness though I do understand your concern about drama and the state The Forum is already in. Let's just say since the last time I was here I had some really fucked-up experiences and needless to say I don't give a shit what anybody says or does anymore because in the end none of it even matters. People fuck over people for reasons no one can really explain and there's nothing really we can do about it except for bite down and take it. I know that now and I know that the people who have put me through the things they have do it because of how miserable their own lives are and they need that momentary feeling of Joy by inflicting their own brand of morality on two people. I'm above it and it's beyond me.

A little side note though, interesting enough, I reached out to LP on PS4 recently and told him that I didn't mean to upset him and that I missed having him around and rather than talking to me he went on to my YouTube channel and went the hell off on me and even though he never said his name, he was referencing things from the group and I put two and his username is similar to his PS4 handle. The point is most of us here are fucked up in one way or another and I get that. I just seem to feel certain emotions so much more than others do. I am too God damn sensitive. Not anymore though, there is no Law and Order and right and wrong, just accepting it or denying it. The world's going to spin and people are going to suffer and die no matter what anybody does so we might as well just say fuck it and let whatever happens happen.

cheebacheeba 03-22-2019 06:21 PM

All good, just...don't take shit to heart you don't need to, man.
I want to kind of leave this here because I know you can contribute, and I'd rather you were here. Know that.
I want us all to move on in a positive direction and when I say us, you are included.
Just...yeah...you're not an outsider here, you are part of our family...I'm just over all and any drama from anyone yeah. I need everyone to kick in and be cool.

On my way out now, catchya later.

Morningriser 03-22-2019 07:00 PM

Honestly, I get jealous and bitter so damn easy and it was just until recently that I realize how insignificant everything is. I have started discovering nihilism and I have to say, looking at life this way makes dealing with it so much easier and less painful. I know you said I'm not allowed to talk about certain things but I'm sure you get the idea. I'm not the same person now as I was when I first moved here.

cheebacheeba 03-23-2019 02:44 AM

Legit random thought here.

I was wondering if anywhere in the world, there's a black dude with "White" as a surname, who has a white friend with "Black", and together the two of them find the thought of this as unlikely and funny as I did.

Bloof 03-23-2019 03:25 AM

Morning! Welcome back.

Cheebs! 20 years...that's something to be admired. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Elvis_Christ 03-23-2019 06:34 AM

Watching cops eating on a stakeout in movies always makes me hungry.

The Villain 03-23-2019 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037387)
Lesson learned; from now on when I'm here I will keep all my thoughts to myself so we can just all go on playing Make-Believe.

I'll be a good boy until somebody gives me a reason not to be.

Just try and keep it cool and there won't be a problem. I'd like to see you rejoin the HDC Movie Fights. Were still only on Round 2 so you wouldnt be behind. Just no hostility please.

Sculpt 03-23-2019 04:39 PM

Yes, Morningriser,

Please do checkout the Round 2 question for the HDC Movie Fights. I didn't want to be the only one, glad you're back!

http://horror.com/forum/showpost.php...5&postcount=60

cheebacheeba 03-24-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037397)
Morning! Welcome back.

Cheebs! 20 years...that's something to be admired. Sounds like you had an awesome day.

Hey, just saw this. Thank you. Yeah it was cool.

Freak 03-26-2019 06:33 PM

This might not be the right place for this but I felt I needed to share it with everybody. One day this forum will die, that’s inevitable. But I found a Facebook group that believe everyone here would really and enjoy and it’s a very active community. It’s called the Joe Bob Briggs Drive-In Mutant Collective. One of the more interesting things they do is on Friday or Saturday night they host viewing parties and live chat with each as they watch the movie. I participated in the one this last Saturday and had an absolute blast. I highly recommend you guys give it a look.

Morningriser 03-26-2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037397)
Morning! Welcome back.

Hi there little girl... Would you like some candy? *laughs maniacally like a retard*

Sculpt, I will look into it but I can't promise I won't give some piss poor argument.

Morningriser 03-29-2019 02:55 PM

I just read that the NRA may be about to shut down!

It's about fucking time! Back when people still cared about school shootings, they held rallies in every city a shooting occurred using that as a way to promote their advocacy for putting a gun in the hand of every American citizen. How many deaths have occurred in this country because of these hate pedaling monsters in the name of selling some guns?

cheebacheeba 03-29-2019 07:43 PM

I think a good middle ground there would be to yknow...let people have handguns after a mental health assessment with like...I dunno...a 2 clip limit?

That way the "but only criminals will have guns" crowd will be somewhat satiated, and they'd be able to DEFEND THEMSELVES.
That, and if there's going to be someone shooting up a public area...they won't be able to get past a certain body count.
I mean...nobody really needs military grade weapons unless it's called for by more than some nutjob with a gun.

Morningriser 03-29-2019 08:05 PM

But that's the thing, gun-control can never work. I mean sure, those laws could be set in effect, but who would obey them other than the people who are just downright afraid to break the law? People buy guns for hunting, self-defense, or a rampage. If gun control laws became tougher, people would just start resorting to buying guns illegally being shipped into the country from South America. Anyone who would be considered a hostile enough to own a gun for anything other than hunting, wouldn't have a problem owning an illegal firearm if they thought it would keep them safe or if they had a personal Vendetta against somebody.

All along the NRA have known exactly what they are doing. They are promoting the use of guns for sport or protection and putting ideas and inspiration in people's heads. Not to mention, if I'm not mistaken, one of the Columbine shooters girlfriends bought him one of his guns at an NRA rally.

In the documentary Bowling for Columbine, Michael Moore attempted to interview Charlton Heston, who at the time was the president of the NRA. All he had to do was mention that the NRA held rallies in all of the cities where school shootings were happening. Without even saying a word, despite the interview being conducted at Heston's home, he quietly gets up and walks away without answering anything. That is the man they had representing the NRA..

Everything about our system is promoting both sides of the spectrum it seems. The government wants gun control while officially sanctioned organizations are promoting the use of guns. This isn't related, but look at what the FDA does. They want people to get healthy but at the same time they approve ridiculous foods like cheeseburgers with fried chicken patties for buns. How does that make any sense? I personally think the government is secretly trying to kill off anyone they think could potentially fall prey to these fucked up contradictions in the system set forth by them.

Bloof 03-30-2019 05:23 AM

Agreed, except for police and military, yep, definitely handguns and shotguns for hunters and enthusiasts or self-defense. Those are the type of guns that just fire a few shots and you have to reload right?

Morningriser 03-30-2019 07:58 AM

Exactly! The government keeps continuously bringing up gun control and yet M16s and AK-47s and such are legal as if people actually use those for hunting. It's like I said, the government will tell you something to save face and try to put your mind at ease while at the same time not giving a flying fuck about what they are saying.

Morningriser 03-31-2019 11:11 AM

So I know I was told to take it down a notch on the Psychedelic talk. This is something I wanted to share though that I just think is just weird.

I think I mentioned before that I was wanting to take a camping trip in the Redwood forest in Northern California. I decided against the trip because when I took ayahuasca, it told me to not go or else I would die. Interesting enough, the last month or so someone has been killing people in the redwood forest and hasn't been caught yet. I would have been going next month and the deaths started happening after my vision.

Bloof 03-31-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037566)
So I know I was told to take it down a notch on the Psychedelic talk. This is something I wanted to share though that I just think is just weird.

I think I mentioned before that I was wanting to take a camping trip in the Redwood forest in Northern California. I decided against the trip because when I took ayahuasca, it told me to not go or else I would die. Interesting enough, the last month or so someone has been killing people in the redwood forest and hasn't been caught yet. I would have been going next month and the deaths started happening after my vision.

Okay that would have totally freaked me out. ::EEK!::

Morningriser 03-31-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1037567)
Okay that would have totally freaked me out. ::EEK!::

It made me bawl my eyes out. Most psychedelic trips make people cry at some point whether they admit it or not. I saw that as a premonition.

Sculpt 04-02-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037566)

There's currently fresh murdered people being found in the Redwood forest in N CA thought to be from a current serial killer? I did a quick google and it only had stuff years old, didn't see anything current. Got a link? thanks!

Morningriser 04-03-2019 12:57 AM

I've never really been a big fan of Trevor Noah before, but tonight I happened to have the television on Comedy Central while The Daily Show was on and he has grown some balls lately. I mean he's always ripped into Donald Trump but he's pissed. I can't blame him. There's a lady around my age who has worked in the White House since she was like 19 or 20 and she has dwarfism and they were talking about how people who are Trump supporters were bullying her by taking her files and such and holding them way above her head where she couldn't reach them. What the actual fuck is going on? Seriously... if this is how the people who run our country are really going to start acting, like high school bullies picking on the disabled kid, I want the fuck out of this country now.

Sculpt 04-05-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037628)
I've never really been a big fan of Trevor Noah before, but tonight I happened to have the television on Comedy Central while The Daily Show was on and he has grown some balls lately. I mean he's always ripped into Donald Trump but he's pissed. I can't blame him. There's a lady around my age who has worked in the White House since she was like 19 or 20 and she has dwarfism and they were talking about how people who are Trump supporters were bullying her by taking her files and such and holding them way above her head where she couldn't reach them. What the actual fuck is going on? Seriously... if this is how the people who run our country are really going to start acting, like high school bullies picking on the disabled kid, I want the fuck out of this country now.

I'm not sure I understand your story... Are you saying on the Daily Show a current White House employee spoke about how "trump supporters" took paper files from her hand and held it over her head to mock her short stature?

... you mean like a few people off the street, wearing trump hats, burst into the White House and did this to her in her office, and then ran out? I don't get it. ::confused::

Morningriser 04-05-2019 08:56 PM

If you want to see the specific part I'm talking about, Skip ahead to 4:40 but the whole thing is worth watching.

Sculpt 04-06-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037659)
If you want to see the specific part I'm talking about, Skip ahead to 4:40 but the whole thing is worth watching.

Thanks for the link, Morn!

Interesting stuff. I'm not a trump supporter, though I always hope anyone in our gov does well. Speaking strictly of Ms Newbold, I respect whistle blowers, most all gov proceedings should be transparent, and she shouldn't be harrassed for any reason.

What's a bit weird is the Noah' narrative that the retaliation is a 'trump-type-of-people' reaction. Which I think stokes the us-vs-them thing. Do we even know if the person who put the files up high is a trump appointee, or are they a multi-administration civil servant like Newbold? Do we know trump, or any admin staff ordered the file-hike, or someone acting alone? Did Newbold report the incident to a Sup, what did they say? The buck stops on trump, but has there been enough time for trump to react yet?

Sculpt 04-06-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037517)
I just read that the NRA may be about to shut down!

It's about fucking time! Back when people still cared about school shootings, they held rallies in every city a shooting occurred using that as a way to promote their advocacy for putting a gun in the hand of every American citizen. How many deaths have occurred in this country because of these hate pedaling monsters in the name of selling some guns?

What has the NRA done that is hate pedaling?

Morningriser 04-06-2019 10:59 AM

The person may not have actually been a trump supporter, but I feel like everyone is acting out the way they are because of influences spearheaded by Trump himself. The general public are just so much more rude than they used to be. Yesterday, I was on the bus and some lady rudely told this guy to get out of her face when all he was doing was standing there like the rest of us who weren't sitting because there wasn't enough room. He wasn't even close to her but the guy was black and the girl was white. I'm not saying it was a race thing, but I remember a time when people wouldn't just deliberately try to start shit for no reason every chance they got. I mean people can say and think what they want, but that son-of-a-bitch has set off a chain reaction that's going to turn everyone against each other eventually.

Morningriser 04-11-2019 03:26 PM

I went to the dentist today. I already had a feeling I was going to be told my top teeth needed to be pulled and I needed dentures, but I didn't expect the dentist to only look at the x-rays rather than even examine me before coming to the sudden determination that every tooth in my head should be pulled all in one setting by an oral surgeon. He even ignored me telling him about some pain I was having. He tried to say that I needed two completely different sets of Dentures, one would cost me $900 and another would be a few thousand dollars. I caught on very quickly what kind of a bullshit tick and leech business this really was. I think my bottom teeth could be saved and fixed, but the guy was so quick to throw these assumptions at me it made me feel like they were just trying to do a necessary shit to me for money. He even went as far as to say to me, we will be seeing a lot of you. What a bunch of assholes.

Bloof 04-11-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1037783)
I went to the dentist today. I already had a feeling I was going to be told my top teeth needed to be pulled and I needed dentures, but I didn't expect the dentist to only look at the x-rays rather than even examine me before coming to the sudden determination that every tooth in my head should be pulled all in one setting by an oral surgeon. He even ignored me telling him about some pain I was having. He tried to say that I needed two completely different sets of Dentures, one would cost me $900 and another would be a few thousand dollars. I caught on very quickly what kind of a bullshit tick and leech business this really was. I think my bottom teeth could be saved and fixed, but the guy was so quick to throw these assumptions at me it made me feel like they were just trying to do a necessary shit to me for money. He even went as far as to say to me, we will be seeing a lot of you. What a bunch of assholes.

Ouch! Why would your teeth be in such bad condition if you dont mind me asking?

Morningriser 04-13-2019 09:07 AM

I know I have gum disease and it's causing my teeth to degrade and even caused a few to fall out. I'm not sure what's causing it but I do want to get a second opinion before making any rash decisions. If anything, I'd like to get the top teeth done first and then wait for the bottom teeth. I just can't help but feel like these guys were so quick to come to that decision based on how much money they could get out of me. I mean it is still a business after all.

Bloof 04-13-2019 10:03 AM

Well I'm thinking maybe he just knew right off the bat from the x-rays that you were in trouble. And any pain is probably from what he saw in the x-rays and he knew it without having to look in. But yeah, definitely get a second opinion. That does seem expensive but it is very expensive in Canada too, especially if you dont have dental coverage. Which I don't....::sad::

NightOfTheLiving_Sam 04-14-2019 12:33 PM

It certainly has been windy and stormy here lately. I'm sort of looking forward to the summer this year. Honestly tired of all this cold weather now. I need the heat and loved to be outside again. There's a few things I'd like to do this summer and I'm looking forward to it. Sort of wanting to possibly get a new bike or start yoga this summer. I'd love to become more active outside and do something, instead of just laying around, haha!

Morningriser 04-14-2019 12:44 PM

It's windy all the way over here on the opposite side of the country from Florida. Being here in the Vegas Valley it seems like we stay bombarded with high wind bouncing off of the surrounding mountains. Just like in big cities like New York where you can smell a wonderful blend of various Asian Foods and pizza and such, you can smell the same in Vegas in any given area at times when the wind is blowing. There were a few late nights in February that got downright miserable at how cold and strong the wind was. What part of Florida are you in?

Morningriser 04-17-2019 09:01 AM

Has anyone seen that newer commercial on television where the morbidly obese man is telling the story about a doctor who was running a marathon and came up on a man having a heart attack who is also running the marathon and she saved his life? The guy telling the story is the one who had the heart attack.

I know this makes me, "that guy", but what the hell did the guy expect? Coming from someone who used to be a morbidly obese man, you don't do that shit when you are morbidly obese! ::big grin::

Sculpt 04-17-2019 04:22 PM

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...56/831/a93.jpg