Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   True Crime (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shooting in Virginia (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66237)

hammerfan 08-26-2015 06:50 AM

Shooting in Virginia

A television news reporter and her cameraman were shot and killed during a live interview. I just don't understand people anymore.

Repo'd 08-26-2015 10:05 AM

How tragic. Condolences to the families and friends of the victims.

hammerfan 08-26-2015 11:13 AM

Apparently, the shooter was a disgruntled ex-employee. He was gunning for the reporter and the cameraman.

MovieLover12 08-26-2015 11:19 AM

Hammerfan, you stated that you don't understand people anymore. I, on the other hand understand them all to well, why they do the things they do, the things they say, etc. The shooter was disgruntled at being fired, obviously had some narcissistic-type disorder that made him hate what had happened to him.

Roiffalo 08-26-2015 02:04 PM

Is it just me or is this shit happening more often then not these days? It really is just sad. Reasons I do everything late at night when most of the world is asleep with their shotguns and hostile thoughts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieLover12 (Post 999428)
Hammerfan, you stated that you don't understand people anymore. I, on the other hand understand them all to well, why they do the things they do, the things they say, etc. The shooter was disgruntled at being fired, obviously had some narcissistic-type disorder that made him hate what had happened to him.

You should be a therapist, MovieLover.

ImmortalSlasher 08-26-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 999423)
A television news reporter and her cameraman were shot and killed during a live interview. I just don't understand people anymore.

There is supposed to be a letter with his reasons out there. Although walking up to people doing a job with a gun needs little understanding. Perhaps they were singled out. There is a video that if real is unbelievable. The women didn't even pay attention to him and the camera man had his back turned.

hammerfan 08-26-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieLover12 (Post 999428)

Yeah, when I posted the first one, they had no info on the shooter. For all we knew it was a random shooting. Now I understand. I think it's sad that it seems like more and more people are turning to violence to "fix" their problems.

MichaelMyers 08-26-2015 04:07 PM

As MovieLover suggests, the real horror is not on the movie screen but stalks around us. Michael Myers never filmed his own killings. ::EEK!::

MovieLover12 08-26-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 999480)
Yeah, when I posted the first one, they had no info on the shooter. For all we knew it was a random shooting. Now I understand. I think it's sad that it seems like more and more people are turning to violence to "fix" their problems.

Anger and aggression are perfectly normal human traits. But society has a whole frowns upon these acts and instead turn their anger in sarcasm and manipulation, aka Passive Aggression. Anger and aggression in some people has been totally removed by the establishment and I shudder how those types will survive during the coming civil unrest. As for me, I retain that aggressive side of myself and will be able to use it to commit extreme acts should the need arise. ::wink::

TheBossInTheWall 08-26-2015 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovieLover12 (Post 999489)
Anger and aggression are perfectly normal human traits. But society has a whole frowns upon these acts and instead turn their anger in sarcasm and manipulation, aka Passive Aggression. Anger and aggression in some people has been totally removed by the establishment and I shudder how those types will survive during the coming civil unrest. As for me, I retain that aggressive side of myself and will be able to use it to commit extreme acts should the need arise. ::wink::

coming civil unrest?