Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (http://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (http://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your Favorite Stephen King Film Adaption? (http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68642)

Sculpt 08-04-2018 01:35 PM

Your Favorite Stephen King Film Adaption?
 
Of the films listed, which is a favorite Stephen King film adaptation?

And why?

I'm going to include some TV mini series too, but no short films. And also, I'm not including The Lawnmower Man (1992) as I read it's not even close to his book. I'm also going to include "non-horror" films, cause I don't want to get into that fuzzy area.

LuvablePsycho 08-04-2018 06:08 PM

I think you should add Children of the Corn to the list. ::wink::

Anyways my most favorite would have to be Carrie. It was such a sad movie and it stirs emotions in me every time I watch it.

fudgetusk 08-07-2018 03:56 AM

IT. he's a supernatural clown who eats people. Nuff said.

Shawshank Redemption was a guy getting....ransacked by evil people. I'M HAVING MY TEA!

Morningriser 08-07-2018 10:08 AM

The Shining is my favorite horror movie altogether, so...

Bloof 08-07-2018 10:37 AM

Chose Silver Bullet. Not a huge King fan. Also really liked Storm of the Century. I and my children used to watch Silver Bullet together. They were much younger and it was a cozy time.::love::

Angra 08-07-2018 04:55 PM

Salems Lot (1979)

Cuz it has a good build-up and is freakin scary

DeadbeatAtDawn 08-07-2018 05:21 PM

https://78.media.tumblr.com/5769959d...o1r4o1_500.gif

Morningriser 08-07-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1032615)

Isnt there supposed to be a remake in the works?

Sculpt 08-07-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032569)
I think you should add Children of the Corn to the list. ::wink::

Anyways my most favorite would have to be Carrie. It was such a sad movie and it stirs emotions in me every time I watch it.

Well,LuvablePsycho, there's a site limit to 20 options... ::big grin::


This may come as an aweful shock, but Children of the Corn is famously panned. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Malachi.

LuvablePsycho 08-08-2018 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1032617)
Well,LuvablePsycho, there's a site limit to 20 options... ::big grin::


This may come as an aweful shock, but Children of the Corn is famously panned. I'm glad you enjoyed it, Malachi.

Really? I would have thought it was considered one of the most recognized Stephen King horror movies like Carrie, The Shining, It, and Cujo. I know that all of the sequels and the remake sucked but any time somebody mentions "Children of the Corn" people know exactly what that is referring to.

Ain't that something... ::big grin::

Oh and BTW, I think I'm more if an Isaac. ::stick out tongue::

Sculpt 08-08-2018 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1032623)
Really? I would have thought it was considered one of the most recognized Stephen King horror movies like Carrie, The Shining, It, and Cujo. I know that all of the sequels and the remake sucked but any time somebody mentions "Children of the Corn" people know exactly what that is referring to.

Ain't that something... ::big grin::

Oh and BTW, I think I'm more if an Isaac. ::stick out tongue::

Children of the Corn is famous. I'll give you that. There is something fascinating about it. I watched it. And I just don't think it worked. But me and my sister had fun making fun of it for years to come. So it's all good.

You say you know all the sequels and remaked sucked, but take a look at the reviews of the original COTC. Rottentomatoes.com gives it 36% with Critics and 40% with Audience. And I have to say I'm surprised to see that 40%; I would have to guess it's been rising over time. And 5.6/10 on IMDB. And again, I think the film may be gaining now in the future, but at the time it came out... ::wink::

Morningriser 08-08-2018 08:26 PM

Another honorable mention that's not on the list would be Maximum Overdrive. Great soundtrack too.

LuvablePsycho 08-09-2018 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1032638)
Children of the Corn is famous. I'll give you that. There is something fascinating about it. I watched it. And I just don't think it worked. But me and my sister had fun making fun of it for years to come. So it's all good.

You say you know all the sequels and remaked sucked, but take a look at the reviews of the original COTC. Rottentomatoes.com gives it 36% with Critics and 40% with Audience. And I have to say I'm surprised to see that 40%; I would have to guess it's been rising over time. And 5.6/10 on IMDB. And again, I think the film may be gaining now in the future, but at the time it came out... ::wink::

Well I'm pretty sure that the sequels are worse. I've seen just about all of them and they were so stupid compared to the original. ::big grin::

I think the original might be something like a cult classic. It's not the best movie ever made and it has it's flaws, but it was interesting enough that people still remember it decades later. I think what made it interesting is the concept of children murdering adults in such a brutal way and worshipping a bloodthirsty evil God. I guess it had a little bit of shock value to it. ::smile::

Oro13 08-20-2018 04:33 PM

Iím doiní it, Iím going with The Running Man. The premise alone of ď the most dangerous game show ď won me over when I was younger, add to that a fantastic cast headed up by the likes of Maria Conchita Alonso, Jesse Ventura, Sven-Ole Thorsen, an delightfully over the top Richard Dawson, and ( of course ) Ē Ahnuld ď. Even though itís further from the Shining in terms of the source material, I love this flick so god damn much and find it not only endlessly entertaining, but also highly quotable. Canít say that for many King films.

ď HEAR IZ SUBSEEROW, NOW, PLAYNE SEEROW!Ē ::big grin::

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morningriser (Post 1032643)
Another honorable mention that's not on the list would be Maximum Overdrive. Great soundtrack too.

Hell yeah, that kid getting popped like like a tube of toothpaste by that steamroller stuck with me. ::danger::

LuvablePsycho 08-20-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oro13 (Post 1032962)
Iím doiní it, Iím going with The Running Man. The premise alone of ď the most dangerous game show ď won me over when I was younger, add to that a fantastic cast headed up by the likes of Maria Conchita Alonso, Jesse Ventura, Sven-Ole Thorsen, an delightfully over the top Richard Dawson, and ( of course ) Ē Ahnuld ď. Even though itís further from the Shining in terms of the source material, I love this flick so god damn much and find it not only endlessly entertaining, but also highly quotable. Canít say that for many King films.

ď HEAR IZ SUBSEEROW, NOW, PLAYNE SEEROW!Ē ::big grin::



Hell yeah, that kid getting popped like like a tube of toothpaste by that steamroller stuck with me. ::danger::

The only thing I really remember about The Running Man was Arnold Schwarzenegger groping a guard before throwing him over a rail to his death ::big grin::

Total Addiction To Fictio 08-26-2019 06:53 AM

I have to say IT. Love creepy clowns and this is the father of all creepy clowns.

The original is better than the remake, in my opinion anyway.

Freddywise 10-08-2019 09:54 PM

MMMMkay, well honestly, I really enjoy the 2017-18 remake of IT. However, the 1990 one, while it didn't age well, certainly still holds charm for me.

It's hard to pick a favourite because like most of King's works, they tend to have that adaptation curse. That and/or they just....end...weird. King is weird, I love that crazy cranked out bastard. But, hey, I think it would be a decent tie-up for me to say Pet Semetary, Misery, IT, and The Green Mile.

Honourable mention is of course Maximum Overdrive because it's a great drunk/high movie. I mean, who could honestly take that shit seriously because you know like hell that King didn't. He has fun with his stuff, and I think that's great. However, I just cannot get on board with Dreamcatcher (evil ass-eating toilet aliens), Langoliers and the testicles with teeth, or Tommyknockers, which with an interesting concept had that nice King acid trip with it and it ended up just making it hilariously awful.

I semi-recently read Revival and if done right, that could be a very compelling movie.

MichaelMyers 10-09-2019 07:54 AM

Thinner

Sculpt 10-13-2019 08:56 PM

If I had to pick one, I'd say Shawshank. Really liked Misery. Original Carrie hit me like a ton of bricks.

Burning Skeleton 10-14-2019 02:09 AM

Misery, just because cathy bates looks like grandmother.



The original carrie didn't exist. Bullshit myth.🤣

HorrorFan4Ever 10-30-2019 08:10 AM

I would have to say its gotta be It that's a good he made thst clown is little creepy too lol but I still like it

Sculpt 10-30-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burning Skeleton (Post 1039990)
Misery, just because cathy bates looks like grandmother.



The original carrie didn't exist. Bullshit myth.🤣

"The original carrie didn't exist. Bullshit myth." What do you mean by that?

BudMan 11-03-2019 06:35 PM

Carrie was almost my first choice but Salems Lot did have some genuine creepy moments in it.

Dickey 11-24-2019 10:53 PM

Not listed, but "The Langoliers" is my favorite SK story, and the movie follows the book to the letter, including the dialogue.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:40 PM.