Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Give Me 10 Horror Movies You "Re-Watch" The Most (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62839)

realdealblues 04-24-2013 12:08 PM

Give Me 10 Horror Movies You "Re-Watch" The Most

There are tons of Horror Movies we've all only seen once and aren't worth re-watching.

Then there are those we've seen over and over and over.

Some I burnt myself out on as a kid and still probably won't be able to watch again for many years.

But there are some that I do still "Re-Watch Frequently" and by that I mean "More Than Say...Twice A Year".

I probably have 50-100 that I will watch more than twice a year.

So, at this point in your life, give me 10 that you still watch "Frequently".

Here's 10 of mine:

1. Jaws (1975) – It’s got Horror, Action, Adventure, Drama, Comedy. It just does everything right for me. I just can’t help but stop every time it’s on TV and finish watching it.

2. Friday The 13th Part 3 in 3D (1982) – I dig my Blu-Ray out quite frequently to watch it in 3D. Just love the effects and the vibe of the whole thing in 3D.

3. Trick Or Treat (1986) – It used to be on every Halloween when I was a kid. I loved the band Fastway even before I saw the movie and so I love the soundtrack. With Ozzy & Gene Simmons in bit parts there isn’t much more I could ask for.

4. Alien (1979) – I just love everything about this movie. It’s the perfect Sci-Fi/Horror film.

5. The Black Cat (1934) – Lugosi & Karloff. I love the German expressionism. I love that there is music throughout almost the whole movie and how Beethoven’s 7th Symphony is constantly being re-introduced.

6. Dog Soldiers (2002) – I love Sean Pertwee’s acting and character. Like Jaws, every time I see it on TV, I have to stop and watch it.

7. The Amityville Horror (1979) – The only horror movie that the girl I dated through most of high school would ever watch with me, so it has a special place in my heart and I like to dig it out on a dark and stormy night.

8. Frankenstein (1931) – I love Boris and Colin Clive in this movie. The Bride may be the better movie, but there’s still nothing like the original for me.

9. The Signal (2007) – One of the few newer movies that just strikes a chord with me. There’s just something special about it that makes me watch every few months.

10. The Thing (1982) – Carpenter’s masterpiece for me. Another one that just does everything right. Great characters, great effects, great everything. I usually watch it a few times during the winter when the snow is flying and it's below zero out.

horrorfangirl66 04-24-2013 04:41 PM

If we are going based on how many times I have watched a horror film, my list is going to have some funny ones not necessarily all "top notch" films but fun to re-watch especially when I was younger:

1. Lake Placid (1999)- this is why I said mine would be funny. I watched it when it first came out when I was 8. Me and my cousin just loved it and we would quote it and just kept watching it to pick up on new things. It is a fun monster horror comedy.

2. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)- one of my favorites. I remember renting this movie because I was told it would be good and that song just stuck with me and love Freddy's character. Probably my favorite slasher.

3. The Amityville Horror(1979)- just one of my faves. I found it even more interesting when I read about the real Amityville horror with the DeFeo murders.

4. Jaws(1975)- this is one my dad's favorites so we watched it a lot together when I was younger.

5. Halloween (1978)- watched it nearly every Halloween for years.

6. Fright Night (1985)- LOVE this movie. :D

7. Tremors(1990)- this movie would come on TV a lot growing up.

8. Predator(1987)- another one of my dad's films that we watched a lot together.

9. Creepshow (1982)- I really like rewatching this because I found that I got a different experience each time and I liked one of the stories more after seeing it again.

10. Trick 'r Treat (2007)- I really like the stories. I thought the bus one was the creepiest. And I love Sam! He's "cute" haha.

I saw some honorable mentions up here so I'll add mine it was hard picking just 10- I tend to re-watch movies a lot:

The Devil's Rejects- this is my favorite Rob Zombie film. It is the sequel to House of 1000 corpses and I love its grittiness. It really feels like a throwback to 70's exploitation films. I also think the choice of soundtrack is great.

Poltergeist- pretty much anytime I see this on TV I watch. It is a good haunted house story.

Se7en- my hands down favorite psychological crime thriller. The acting was superb. Kevin Spacey is such a believable mad man. The plot too was so interesting.

Underworld- I have watched all of the films in the series and many repeatedly. I like the second and the prequel the best.

I think films can have quirks that you like and they may not necessarily be iconic or classic films but there is something that gives them that re-watch factor to you personally.

Disease 04-24-2013 04:58 PM

Halloween

Friday the 13th part 4

Evil Dead

The Thing

Night of the Living dead

Dawn of the Dead

Murder Party

Suspiria

Frankenstein

newb 04-24-2013 05:15 PM

Jaws

evil dead 1, 2 and 3

fright night

the thing

creature from the black lagoon

american werewolf in london

return of the living dead

shaun of the dead

dead alive

reanimator

The Villain 04-24-2013 06:17 PM

1. Halloween
2. Child's Play
3. Tremors
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street
5. Godzilla
6. Killer Klowns From Outer Space
7. Creature From The Black Lagoon
8. Saw
9. Dark Night of The Scarecrow
10. Cube

Giganticface 04-24-2013 06:21 PM

I don't think I watch any movie more than twice a year, but these are the 10 I watch over and over. (although I've watched The Evil Dead (1) and the reboot twice this year)
  • The Exorcist
  • The Shining
  • Evil Dead 1, 2 and 3 (I guess that's three)
  • Halloween
  • Poltergeist
  • Scream (although not as often any more)
  • Alien
  • Night of the Living Dead

A couple honorable mentions that I watch about every year, but are still too new for me to have watched a ton:
  • The Descent
  • The Hills Have Eyes (remake)
  • Saw

And a couple honorable mentions that I watched a ton as a kid, but only every few years now:
  • The Birds
  • The Watcher in the Woods
  • Psycho

knife_fight 04-24-2013 08:41 PM

If any of these movies have remakes, I am referring to the original, unless otherwise specified.

I don't think these are the "10 Best" horror movies ever, but they are the most fun, to me, and are easy to watch over and over.

1. Halloween
2. Halloween 3
3. Return of the Living Dead
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. Evil Dead
6. Evil Dead 2
7. NOES 3
8. Hellraiser
9. Creepshow
10. Friday the 13th Part 7

Elvis_Christ 04-24-2013 10:03 PM

I tend to find myself watching these a couple of times a year.

The Devil's Rejects
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
House Of 1000 Corpses

....yeah I'm a big Bill Moseley fan.

Return Of The Living Dead
Brain Damage
Deranged (1974)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Evil Dead 2
The first two Phantasm flicks.

Always get on a Carpenter buzz at some point of the year too and re-watch his classic era flicks along with a few of his later ones like They Live.

_____V_____ 04-24-2013 11:31 PM

Alien
Aliens
Predator
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
The Exorcist
The Omen
Poltergeist
The Fog
Sleepy Hollow

realdealblues 04-25-2013 07:17 AM

Interesting to see how many popped up more than once.

The Evil Dead got mentioned 5 times!

I know many of the others listed are ones that I re-watch several times a year, but since I just figured 10 was a nice round number they didn't get listed.

But overall, it's kind of what I was looking for/expecting.

Almost everyone mentioned a few iconic ones or some from the Franchises (Halloween, Alien, Jaws, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Evil Dead, Friday The 13th, Nightmare On Elm St.) but then almost everyone has a few obscure or less iconic personal favorites.

I figured most people were like that but was curious if it would pan out that way.