Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trailer Discussion (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12540)

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 06:37 PM

Trailer Discussion

Just cruised through upcominghorrormovies.com and apple.com and watched a few trailers for upcoming films...

Mr & Mrs Smith:
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt play two assassins, married to eachother, neither knowing the others REAL occupation, seemingly working for different employers...Not much plot detail was revealed, but for some reason (of course) they start fighting eachother.
A lot of weapons, explosions...etc...No doubt towards the end they'll discover a "common enemy" and work together...
Looks kinda funny. I'll probably take my girl along to this one when it comes out, I just hope to HELL that it turns out a little better than Ecks vs Sever.

XXX: State of the Union
So they went with Ice Cube after all....he plays a former soldier of some type who lead a mutany against a military base....Samuel L resumes his role from the first film, same again - criminal guy let out for some kind of mission...blah blah blah...he ends up finding out about a plot to assasinate the president being hatched by the very general he lead the mutany against.
Guns, explosions, stunts, modified cars...all there again.
Looks like a different kind of film from the first one, IMO, it looks a little better. Apparently from the same guy who gave us "Die another Day"
The fight sequences look quite well done...I suppose if you're into action films, it doesn't look too bad.

The Roost
This one is at upcominghorrormovies.com
Not much plot at all revealed...some early 20's trapped in a house after a car accident. Looks like there's bats there that somehow spread a zombie-type virus.
If it's got zombies, I'm there.

Assault on Precinct 13
That's right, they're remaking the John Carpenter movie...I never saw the original, so I don't know how this one rates.
The plot looks interesting enough, the good cops working with the "bad guys" against the bad cops kinda thing...
Ethan Hawke (good cop), Ja Rule (ergh...who cares?), and Laurence fishbourne (the main "criminal") star...
From the same guy that did Training Day.
Looks pretty exciting, lots of action, suspense, and you gotta love improvisational weapons....I'll probably check this out myself.
The original was meant to be pretty good, right?

Batman Begins
I know you guys have probably already seen the first "teaser" type thing that was out there, just letting you know there's an actual trailer now....shows Bruce in training, making equipment, and an actual appearance as Batman...
IMO - This is going to be as good as the Burton films, or at least, almost so.
Go check it out...

Constantine (at upcominghorrormovies.com)
Ok, I saw a smaller trailer a while back, and I was of two minds about it, it looked kinda interesting, but I was thinking I might just wait for the dvd....
However, there's a full length trailer that goes into a lot more detail now, and the movie looks GOOD.
I don't think much of Keanu, but Rachel Weisz = hotness...
The movie looks to be a supernatural horror themed thriller.
Plot involves main character undergoing a process by which he'll be able to see...things...but when he sees them, they see him, horror ensues...etc.
Mythical stuff, demons, alternate dimensions....
I can't really explain it. Looks quite intense though, and I have to say the special effects look brilliant.
I'll be seeing this one as soon as I can.
Go have a look at the new trailer, it's cool...

Apart from "The Roost" and "Constantine" (which are both at upcominghorrormovies.com)
You can see the rest of the trailers at
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

So...anyone seen any other trailers that look interesting??

- B.

allmykids 12-18-2004 06:38 PM

I have not watched any new trailers latley.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 06:42 PM

Well....go watch some, eh?;)

allmykids 12-18-2004 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
Well....go watch some, eh?;)
Mabey I will Later!!

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 06:59 PM

*****INTERMISSION******

Now, if there's anybody interested in talking about MOVIE TRAILERS, please do so.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 07:25 PM

Oh yeah, and High tension (haute tension)
Looks BADASS!!!
That's one I'll definately be seeing...looks kinda like a TCM type deal...and believe it or not, doesn't actually look suckfull...

I also saw a trailer for the remake of the amityville horror, I dunno if it's a full remake, or they've changed it a little, but it looks kinda freaked out...
Based on a true story? Anyone care to elaborate? Was this film originally made on pure speculation based upon a madmans ramblings then?
This "second family" upon which the film seems to be based...were those characters also based on reality??

Oh yeah, there's a film called "Creep" also...I'm not sure, but it looks like a UK film, set in a big ol' train station...some chick gets locked in, finds a dead/dying guy, and is discovered by the killer....or potentially killerS.
Looks like more of a thriller than anything, but it does look scary.

Another one "hostage"
Starring Bruce Willis...looks a little like "panic room" with a slightly different plot. Not much detail given away in the preview, but hey, I see most of Bruce Willis's films, I hope this one's good.

Anyone seen any of these, or any other good trailers?

theshadow 12-18-2004 07:30 PM

I saw the original assault on precinct 13 when it came out. it was gory....for it's time. we're talking th e 70's tho.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 07:31 PM

Cool, was it one of Carpenters better films? Being his early stuff, I'd assume so...

I_Still_Know! 12-18-2004 08:08 PM

Just watched the trailor for a movie titled 'White Noise'

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/white_noise/

Gave me goosebumps, which is a good sign. It looks a little like 'Mothman Prophecies'.

newb 12-18-2004 08:35 PM

The original "Assault on Precinct " was a pretty good movie. Very bold for its day. The first movie I ever remember seeing where a kid was killed on-screen. [ not for real but as part of the movie, just thought I would clarify that ].

White Noise looks pretty good as well. Glad to see Michael Keaton back in action.

I'll have to go check out some of the other ones Cheeb mentioned.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 09:06 PM

Yes...I saw the white noise trailer a little while ago...the one about EVP??
They say it's meant to be something that really happens...but hey, I'll wait for the proof.
The movie DID look quite scary, yeah.

allmykids 12-18-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by I_Still_Know!
Just watched the trailor for a movie titled 'White Noise'

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/white_noise/

Gave me goosebumps, which is a good sign. It looks a little like 'Mothman Prophecies'.

Oh I forgot, I did watch that trailer. It dose look good!!

I_Still_Know! 12-18-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Yes...I saw the white noise trailer a little while ago...the one about EVP??
They say it's meant to be something that really happens...but hey, I'll wait for the proof.
The movie DID look quite scary, yeah.

Yeah that is the one - its about electronic voice phenomenon (EVP).

I just hope it aint one of those movies where the trailer is better than the actual movie.

The STE 12-18-2004 09:26 PM

good, another excuse to say how awesome the new Batman flick will be.

It'll kick ass

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 09:29 PM

Have you seen the latest trailer I mentioned, Sam?

I_Still_Know! 12-18-2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

Which Sam? The egg or me?

The STE 12-18-2004 09:55 PM

Quote:

many times. I've been keeping the thread in Upcoming Movies updated as much as I can

DraculaInDallas 12-19-2004 12:49 AM

I also think White Noise looks like it has potential to be good....

theshadow 12-19-2004 02:44 PM

let us know how it is. sounds good

urgeok 12-19-2004 03:54 PM

i used to have a trailer

thEsounDofdirT 12-19-2004 04:16 PM

This isn't about a trailer, but I saw a VERY interesting banner for a movie called White Noise... It's about spirits being in the white noise.. that's basically all I could derive from the banner... anyone here seen a trailer or heard anything about it?

urgeok 12-19-2004 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by thEsounDofdirT
This isn't about a trailer, but I saw a VERY interesting banner for a movie called White Noise...
i thought that was eminem's latest movie ? :)

thEsounDofdirT 12-19-2004 04:50 PM

I dunno.. this is coming out in 2005 I believe

THE TROOPER 12-19-2004 05:26 PM

TRAILERS

ChEEbA 12-19-2004 05:58 PM

^Fuck you.^

Dirt, how ya been man???
Yeah, white noise is a film about EVP (electronic voice phenomena), which is ALLEGEDLY something that occurs from time to time in which voices appear that are unheard by the human ear through recordings taken in certain places.
I don't know if there's that much fact behind it, but I have heard some of the recordings myself, so they are out there. Whether or not these "sounds" are manufactured by someone living or dead is another story.
So the movie is more or less about some guys dead wife apparently speaking to him through EVP.
ther than that, I know very little of the film, the trailer had it looking kinda scary/mysterious.
If Michael Keaton's in it, I might have a look myself.

If anyone wants to check out trailers, I'd suggest :

www.upcominghorrormovies.com
OR
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Those are the best 2 FOR UPCOMING STUFF I've came across.

- B.

thEsounDofdirT 12-19-2004 06:58 PM

Yea I know what EVP's are... I've tried to record some myself.. had minor luck actually :)

theshadow 12-20-2004 06:27 PM

have you really? i would love to try that. i'm just so scared i'll get some thing in my house that's mean and i won't be able to sleep there anymore.

ChEEbA 12-20-2004 07:19 PM

Aren't humans supposed to be more scared of the UNKNOWN??

theshadow 12-21-2004 06:03 PM

meaning?

ChEEbA 12-21-2004 06:30 PM

Meaning that if you KNEW it was there, that would probably be easier to deal with than the constant paranioa of "not knowing"....like, think about it....

They could be watching you RIGHT NOW, and you wouldn't even know it.

They're going to kill you.

theshadow 12-21-2004 06:58 PM

no, i'm pretty sure my house is ok...although 2 people have died in it. no, i'd rather not know they're here.

AUSTIN316426808 12-22-2004 12:03 AM

i saw the teaser for batman begins and i got about all you're suppose to get out of a teaser which is knowlegde of the movie being made.

and i saw the trailers for white noise and it looked ok and michael keaton is in it so i'll probably go see it.

i also saw the assult on precint 13 and i think it looked great i'm definatlely going to see that.

AUSTIN316426808 12-22-2004 12:09 AM

also saw a teaser trailer of

War of the World it's a remake of a H.G. Wells movie from the 50's i think and it's being directed by Steven Spielberg and it stars Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning so i'm definately going to go see this one but it does'nt come out until summer next year.

I_Still_Know! 12-22-2004 03:36 AM

Quote:

I know I sure am!

I know alot of people here think that Blair Witch was a shit movie, but for me it was terrifying because you never see exactly what the fuck is after them the whole time...

What my mind makes up freaks me out more than what I see on screen.

There was also a scene is Open Water where it was night so you could not see anything apart from when the lightning was flashing. But you could hear the couple screaming and crying as sharks were circling them... and then just an occasional glimps of the sharks fins around them when the lightning would flash... that was the scariest part of the movie for me. You don't know exactly what was happening to them... :(

AUSTIN316426808 12-22-2004 03:45 AM

Quote:

i agree with this because if you go and put your garbage out in the middle of the night or something like that and you hear something moving around in the bushes that might scare the hell out of you for a second but then you find out that it's just a cat or dog but before you found out that it was just a harmless animal it scared you however it could also be late at night and you see a guy walking across the street you might think to yourself ''i can kick his ass'' then he pulls out a 45 and blows your head off.
the point is that you can see something that you should be terrified of but you arent then you could hear or think about somehting that scares the hell out of you but it shouldnt even bother you cause it's really nothing.

ChEEbA 01-07-2005 09:15 AM

Latest update - I cruised through apple trailers again, and here's some of the stuff I thought looked alright...

Just saw a trailer for a movie based on the Miller comic Sin City.
Stars Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba among others.
Produced by Frank Miller himself and Robert Rodriguez...that could be a pretty good combination...
Check it out, it's done in an "interesting" style, it's clear that they're trying to make it look like a comic, very similar colour scheme to some of the comic itself too...I haven't really followed the comic so I don't know what to expect, but most of Millers stuff is meant to be good right?
Anyways, trailer at http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/sin_city.html

Pink Panther - OK, so the good news is it's not yet another remake, the plot thus far doesn't resemble ANY of the pink panther series. It actually looks pretty damn funny...
Stars Steve Martin, there seems to be an appearance by Kevin Kline, and he has a partner played by Jean Reno (who, if you've seen Les Visiteurs, you'll know to be quite a funny guy), I'll probably go and see this one myself...and yknow what? I wouldn't have thought so, but Steve Martin actually "kinda" pulls it off...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/mgm/the_pink_panther/

Unleashed
This one's from the guy who did The professional (Leon)...so just on that I'll probably see it.
Starring Jet Li, Bob Hoskins, Morgan Freeman.
I don't want to spoil ANYTHING, so go watch the trailer. All I will say is that it looks like one of the most interesting films to come out in a long time...pretty psycho looking indeed - y'all NEED to check out the trailer.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/indepe...unleashed.html

Also, I'm sure the following will be slightly noteworthy to SOME people even though not of great interest to me -
Teasers for both Bewitched, and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy are up also, on the main page http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Feel free to discuss.

- B.

MichaelMyers 01-07-2005 10:57 AM

Re: Trailer Discussion

Quote:

Batman Begins
I know you guys have probably already seen the first "teaser" type thing that was out there, just letting you know there's an actual trailer now....shows Bruce in training, making equipment, and an actual appearance as Batman...
IMO - This is going to be as good as the Burton films, or at least, almost so.
Go check it out...

It can't top Schumacher's masterpiece "Batman & Robin".

urgeok 01-07-2005 11:08 AM

Quote:

[B]Just saw a trailer for a movie based on the Miller comic Sin City.
Stars Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke and Jessica Alba among others.

that is wild ... considering Bruce Willis started his career trying to be Mickey Rourke (the TV version) it will be interesting to see them in the same flick

ChEEbA 01-07-2005 11:47 AM

Yes, and by the looks of it, they both have pretty major roles in the film too...
Seriously, go have a look at the trailer, this is gonna be a very different kind of comic based film.

ChEEbA 01-07-2005 01:33 PM

Also saw a newer "Alone in the dark" trailer...looks kinda weird...I'm not sure which way this one'll go, it looks as though it has the POTENTIAL to be good, but also the potential to be suckful.
I'd hope it's good - I think it's one videogame tha COULD make for a pretty fucked up movie. I just wish someone would someday realise that there ARE gamers out there that are older than 15, and GODDAMNIT make a freakin' GOOD, SCARY movie outta one.

The trailer is on the abovementioned apple site as well.

I have to say again - If anyone reading this DOES go to the apple trailers site, PLEASE have a look at the trailer to UNLEASHED, I'm SO gonna see this film....

- B.