Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Music (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   You musicians do any covers? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8129)

Arioch 07-18-2004 07:55 AM

You musicians do any covers?

Im working on a couple for our band...

Ones we've already done....

Tori Amos - "Winter"
Depeche Mode - "Policy of Truth"

Ones im currently working on...

Pink Floyd - "The Trial"
Alice In Chains - a splicing of the verse and chorus of "Got me wrong" with the chorus of "I stay away". Trust me, it'll work....
Self - "It All Comes Out In The Wash"...

Anyone else?

Arioch 07-23-2004 07:43 AM

Damn does anyone here PLAY music?:confused:

Egekrusher 07-23-2004 09:00 AM

I produce techno man. Sorry.

Edit: Although I'd like to try to do a cover of NIN Reptile.

meetthecreeper 07-23-2004 09:24 AM

Believe it or not, my heart belongs to metal, but right now I have been doing alot of outlaw country music covers, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, David Allen Coe, Hank jr. all acoustic stuff. I know that sounds strange but it has just fit my mood lately and since I am not playing with anybody else right now, mostly because of my schedule, it just feels right I guess.

There are enough metal bands out there and outlaw country has seemed to fall off the map so I figured I would try and revive it a little.

I also have been doing a little Croce and John Denver.

Let the laughing commence.

Vodstok 07-23-2004 10:17 AM

I havent been in a band since i was in 12th grade, so all i know is covers :). I save my creativity for writing. I play Bass, so here are some of my proudest accomplishments:

Primus:
My Name Is Mud
Jerry Was a race car driver
Tommy the cat

Tool:
Schism

Red Hot Chili Peppers:
Suck My Kiss
Naked In The Rain

Metallica:
Master of Puppets
One (including Kirk Hammet's opening solo :D)
Sanitarium
For whom the bell tolls

Greenday:
Longview

Egekrusher 07-23-2004 10:52 AM

You're doing very good if you can cover Primus man.

Now, let's try some Dream Theater. :)

John Myung just can't be fucked with. His bass solos are the fastest and most technical, bar none.

Vodstok 07-23-2004 11:10 AM

Didnt they do "Pull Me under"? I think that is the only song i have heard from them.

I KILLED myself when i was 18 to learn les' techniques. i only got a few, but it was enough to impress the shit out of people :)

Egekrusher 07-25-2004 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vodstok
Didnt they do "Pull Me under"? I think that is the only song i have heard from them.

I KILLED myself when i was 18 to learn les' techniques. i only got a few, but it was enough to impress the shit out of people :)

Yup. Pull Me Under was one of their only songs to ever get played on the radio.

Here's the deal: This band formed together at a music college. They were the most talented of all the categories: bass, guitar, drums, keyboard and vocals. They are a VERY technical band. The only bad part is that the songer sounds like a just had his nuts chopped off. Great voice, but definitely not my style.

deadandgone 08-03-2004 01:29 PM

my band did a cover of that savage garden song truly madly deeply we just basically added alot of heavy guitar work to it

kpropain 08-04-2004 02:50 AM

Ege we used to do Pull Me Under when I was in high school..
It was quite challenging learning John Myung's parts to, but pulled it off after listening to that fucking tape over and over again.

We also used to do a lot of old Ozzy stuff from the, Blizzard, Diary, and Bark At the Moon albums..

A lot of Black Sabbath..

Ton's of old Metallica

Primus, my name is mud
Tommy The Cat
DMV

AIC: Sunshine, What The Hell Have I (from the Last Action Hero sndtrk)

Yngwie Malmsteen : I Am A Viking

Motley Crue: Bastard

Faith No More: Epic

Hendrix : Hey Joe, All Along The Watchtower