Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Marvel TV Universe (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67947)

ferretchucker 03-20-2017 10:30 AM

Marvel TV Universe

So it seems Iron Fist is hardly a hit, and I must say I'm not surprised. Yet to watch it and, though I endeavour not to judge books by their covers, it hardly gripped me. The ill-advised casting (would it have been so much to have an Asian/half-Asian American in the lead role) aside, it just looks...dreary.

I do adore Finn Jones and was lucky enough to serve him a few times back in 2014 when he lived near me in London, but goodness, couldn't they have tried to make it seem at least a little enjoyable for either the characters OR viewers?

That being said, I've watched Season 1 of Daredevil and Jessica Jones - both of them are utterly wonderful. The latter, in particular, had me totally hooked from the very start. I find the construction of the MCU ever more fascinating, particularly this off-shoot into Adult Web-TV (in fact, it made up a significant portion of my dissertation). Desperately need to finish DD and catch up with Luke Cage...just a shame I feel I need to endure IF...but I suppose that is the genius of this model of series building.

Wondering about the rest of your thoughts regarding the MCU's TV branch. Successes, missteps, missed opportunities and potential thrills.

Thumb resize.

cheebacheeba 03-21-2017 12:03 AM

IMO thus far Iron Fist is more watchable than Luke Cage was.
Nothing comes close to daredevil - Jessica Jones crosses the line only for having the best villain thus far out of all the shows.

I hope to see more good things.

Elvis_Christ 03-24-2017 03:50 PM

I've been enjoying Iron Fist so far. Good to see one of the lesser known characters get some screentime. Dug Luke Cake and Daredevil especially S2.

I like how the series give the characters time to grow more effectively than the films.... there's a lot more depth.

Can't wait for The Punisher.

cheebacheeba 03-24-2017 04:00 PM

Sup mannn

The Villain 03-25-2017 05:21 AM

Glad to hear Iron Fist is watchable. Was going to skip it all together

Baron Von Marlon 03-25-2017 06:17 PM

Really like Daredevil.
Didn't bother with Jessica Jones.
Might watch Luke Cage at some point out of boredom, because so far I haven't heard much good about it.
Halfway through Iron Fist. So far not bad.
And really looking forward to The Punisher.

Edit:
Finished Iron Fist. Overal kinda meh.
It's like a really long Marvel movie without big special effects and with worse fighting choreography.

roshiq 04-03-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ (Post 1024055)

I like how the series give the characters time to grow more effectively than the films.... there's a lot more depth.

Can't wait for The Punisher.

Totally agree. Finished watching DD Season 2 just couple of weeks ago! Loved it, Jon Bernthal gave a Oscar worthy performance, IMO. Enjoyed the S1 bit more though. Looking forward to check out JJ next.

roshiq 09-09-2017 01:23 AM

Lately edited this montage for NETFLIX-MAVEL verse:

hammerfan 09-09-2017 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roshiq (Post 1027353)
Lately edited this montage for NETFLIX-MAVEL verse:

Have to wonder what's going to happen to all of these since Disney is pulling all Disney/Marvel stuff from Netflix

Roiffalo 09-09-2017 11:41 AM

I adored the first season of Daredevil. Was excited for the second season and binged the whole thing in no time. My favorite part was easily Punisher. Such a fucking awesome portrayal, WAY better than the movie. Problem being there wasn't enough of him, and he wasn't involved in the climax as much as was hyped. So I was disappointed.

In hopes we get more of him, I'm excited for Defenders. But since shortly after season 2 of Daredevil was released, I lost Netflix and can't afford it anymore. So I haven't been able to watch Iron Fist or Luke Cage sadly...

From what Hammer says though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1027356)
Have to wonder what's going to happen to all of these since Disney is pulling all Disney/Marvel stuff from Netflix

I'm honestly surprised Disney was so generous in the first place.