Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official Friday the 13th thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54272)

Burning in Hell 10-10-2006 06:55 AM

Yes, it is true that these have aged very poorly. I used to love the first ones nearly as much as the first two Halloween when I was younger, but I watched a few of them lately, and the Halloween movies are miles above...

The_Return 10-10-2006 07:36 AM

Ive only seen the first two.

Enjoyed #1 quite a bit; even though Im not usually a fan of slasher movies, I thought it was pretty fun.

As for Part 2...Ug. Typical, boring slasher crap. Half decent near the end (in Jason's "lair") but otherwise, it's pretty forgettable.

I do plan to buy the boxset to check out the rest though, just because it's so damn cheap.

SKOOFx 10-10-2006 10:03 AM

I will never understand how MANY people beleive that part 6 is a great edition to the series.

I should seriously sit down and watch it again. In my opinion, it was the WORST.

I personally find 3 5 and 8 to be my favorites.

Everyone bashes 5, but it is seriously the most fun. Its ridiculous, silly, packed with good kills, lots of nudity..etc etc. Everything you would want when sitting down with a few freinds for a good 80's movie time.

Roderick Usher 10-10-2006 10:31 AM

Are any of them any good?

No.

The Flayed One 10-10-2006 10:38 AM

Personally, I enjoy all of them. I like cheese, and Jason is great mindless cheese. The first one is a classic, and it may not stand the test of time as well as others, but I still find it enjoyable & nostalgic.

To each his own, as always.

JP500 10-10-2006 11:21 AM

I like the first few.

urgeok 10-10-2006 11:44 AM

i'm not a fan of slasher flicks from the 80's as a rule - and thats largely because of Fri 13, and the later halloween sequels.

the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over again.

even in a horror film i wouldnt mind something making sense once in a while.

Geddy 10-10-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Return (Post 487410)
Ive only seen the first two.

Enjoyed #1 quite a bit; even though Im not usually a fan of slasher movies, I thought it was pretty fun.

As for Part 2...Ug. Typical, boring slasher crap. Half decent near the end (in Jason's "lair") but otherwise, it's pretty forgettable.

I do plan to buy the boxset to check out the rest though, just because it's so damn cheap.

How cheap is it over where you are?At my video store its 95 bucks.

The_Return 10-10-2006 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geddy (Post 487603)
How cheap is it over where you are?At my video store its 95 bucks.

Yikes, I cant get it for $50.

Still not incredibly cheap or anything, but pretty good for 8 movies.

alkytrio666 10-10-2006 02:09 PM

1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 are all very fun. I love those five films.

The rest, blah...

Fun to watch and make fun of, I guess...

(Friday the 13th is coming up, I plan on watching the above on that day)