Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Trailer Discussion (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12540)

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 07:37 PM

Trailer Discussion

Just cruised through upcominghorrormovies.com and apple.com and watched a few trailers for upcoming films...

Mr & Mrs Smith:
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt play two assassins, married to eachother, neither knowing the others REAL occupation, seemingly working for different employers...Not much plot detail was revealed, but for some reason (of course) they start fighting eachother.
A lot of weapons, explosions...etc...No doubt towards the end they'll discover a "common enemy" and work together...
Looks kinda funny. I'll probably take my girl along to this one when it comes out, I just hope to HELL that it turns out a little better than Ecks vs Sever.

XXX: State of the Union
So they went with Ice Cube after all....he plays a former soldier of some type who lead a mutany against a military base....Samuel L resumes his role from the first film, same again - criminal guy let out for some kind of mission...blah blah blah...he ends up finding out about a plot to assasinate the president being hatched by the very general he lead the mutany against.
Guns, explosions, stunts, modified cars...all there again.
Looks like a different kind of film from the first one, IMO, it looks a little better. Apparently from the same guy who gave us "Die another Day"
The fight sequences look quite well done...I suppose if you're into action films, it doesn't look too bad.

The Roost
This one is at upcominghorrormovies.com
Not much plot at all revealed...some early 20's trapped in a house after a car accident. Looks like there's bats there that somehow spread a zombie-type virus.
If it's got zombies, I'm there.

Assault on Precinct 13
That's right, they're remaking the John Carpenter movie...I never saw the original, so I don't know how this one rates.
The plot looks interesting enough, the good cops working with the "bad guys" against the bad cops kinda thing...
Ethan Hawke (good cop), Ja Rule (ergh...who cares?), and Laurence fishbourne (the main "criminal") star...
From the same guy that did Training Day.
Looks pretty exciting, lots of action, suspense, and you gotta love improvisational weapons....I'll probably check this out myself.
The original was meant to be pretty good, right?

Batman Begins
I know you guys have probably already seen the first "teaser" type thing that was out there, just letting you know there's an actual trailer now....shows Bruce in training, making equipment, and an actual appearance as Batman...
IMO - This is going to be as good as the Burton films, or at least, almost so.
Go check it out...

Constantine (at upcominghorrormovies.com)
Ok, I saw a smaller trailer a while back, and I was of two minds about it, it looked kinda interesting, but I was thinking I might just wait for the dvd....
However, there's a full length trailer that goes into a lot more detail now, and the movie looks GOOD.
I don't think much of Keanu, but Rachel Weisz = hotness...
The movie looks to be a supernatural horror themed thriller.
Plot involves main character undergoing a process by which he'll be able to see...things...but when he sees them, they see him, horror ensues...etc.
Mythical stuff, demons, alternate dimensions....
I can't really explain it. Looks quite intense though, and I have to say the special effects look brilliant.
I'll be seeing this one as soon as I can.
Go have a look at the new trailer, it's cool...

Apart from "The Roost" and "Constantine" (which are both at upcominghorrormovies.com)
You can see the rest of the trailers at
http://www.apple.com/trailers/

So...anyone seen any other trailers that look interesting??

- B.

allmykids 12-18-2004 07:38 PM

I have not watched any new trailers latley.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 07:42 PM

Well....go watch some, eh?;)

allmykids 12-18-2004 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChEEbA
Well....go watch some, eh?;)
Mabey I will Later!!

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 07:59 PM

*****INTERMISSION******

Now, if there's anybody interested in talking about MOVIE TRAILERS, please do so.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 08:25 PM

Oh yeah, and High tension (haute tension)
Looks BADASS!!!
That's one I'll definately be seeing...looks kinda like a TCM type deal...and believe it or not, doesn't actually look suckfull...

I also saw a trailer for the remake of the amityville horror, I dunno if it's a full remake, or they've changed it a little, but it looks kinda freaked out...
Based on a true story? Anyone care to elaborate? Was this film originally made on pure speculation based upon a madmans ramblings then?
This "second family" upon which the film seems to be based...were those characters also based on reality??

Oh yeah, there's a film called "Creep" also...I'm not sure, but it looks like a UK film, set in a big ol' train station...some chick gets locked in, finds a dead/dying guy, and is discovered by the killer....or potentially killerS.
Looks like more of a thriller than anything, but it does look scary.

Another one "hostage"
Starring Bruce Willis...looks a little like "panic room" with a slightly different plot. Not much detail given away in the preview, but hey, I see most of Bruce Willis's films, I hope this one's good.

Anyone seen any of these, or any other good trailers?

theshadow 12-18-2004 08:30 PM

I saw the original assault on precinct 13 when it came out. it was gory....for it's time. we're talking th e 70's tho.

ChEEbA 12-18-2004 08:31 PM

Cool, was it one of Carpenters better films? Being his early stuff, I'd assume so...

I_Still_Know! 12-18-2004 09:08 PM

Just watched the trailor for a movie titled 'White Noise'

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/white_noise/

Gave me goosebumps, which is a good sign. It looks a little like 'Mothman Prophecies'.

newb 12-18-2004 09:35 PM

The original "Assault on Precinct " was a pretty good movie. Very bold for its day. The first movie I ever remember seeing where a kid was killed on-screen. [ not for real but as part of the movie, just thought I would clarify that ].

White Noise looks pretty good as well. Glad to see Michael Keaton back in action.

I'll have to go check out some of the other ones Cheeb mentioned.