Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Last Seen pre-1970 Classic/Vintage Horror Movie? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18488)

phantomstranger 10-29-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AmericanManiac
Honestly what the hell is it? Nosferatu ?? When was it released ?
To continue what Jacob Singer said

"Nosferatu" is a 1922 German Black and White silent movie starring an actor named Max Schreck. It is the first adaption of the novel "Dracula"(and some say the best) The movie was an unauthorized version of the book and Bram Stokers widow sued the filmaker F.W. Murnau and most of the prints were destroyed in the '20's but a few survived and the film has taken it's place among the early horror classics. I personally think the film is one of the greats, you should check it out. You may also be interested in the 1979 remake and the film "Shadow Of The Vampire"( a "Fictional" look at the making of the original film)

Jacob Singer 10-30-2005 01:15 AM

thank you phantomstranger!!!
Ok American meniac, you've got now all the info.....no excuses, go out and find the movie
There was another version of Nosferatu (maybe with Claus Kinski)? I can't remember now

alkytrio666 10-30-2005 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by AmericanManiac
Honestly what the hell is it? Nosferatu ?? When was it released ?
To cut all the shit, it's basically the first of all horror movies. Some will get bitchy and say there was one before it, but this was the history maker.

Know your roots.

The_Return 10-30-2005 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alkytrio666
To cut all the shit, it's basically the first of all horror movies. Some will get bitchy and say there was one before it, but this was the history maker.

Know your roots.

Bitching about Melies horror flicks aside [Although his Manoir du Diable IS widely considered the absolute first horror flick], what about The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari? 1919, 3 years before the amazing film that is Nosferatu was made.

Know your roots:p

zwoti 10-30-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jacob Singer
There was another version of Nosferatu (maybe with Claus Kinski)? I can't remember now
highly enjoyable

Jacob Singer 10-30-2005 01:21 PM

Thank you. Could you tell me the year of that movie?

zwoti 10-30-2005 01:25 PM

78/79

Jacob Singer 10-30-2005 01:30 PM

Thank you. I'll try to found it

SmittyKool 10-30-2005 06:08 PM

the last one I saw was Freaks. One line to sum of that movie, to those who have seen it, "We accept you. One of us". That just creeps me out :eek:

slasherman 10-31-2005 01:01 AM

"Testament du Dr. Mabuse, Le" (1933)..very good cause this is fucking old...with sound..not soundtrack but sound !
..I have to admit I'm not watching a lot of old ("classic") movies...this is due to the hardnes of getting them...and a lot of them just seems foolish and outdated......