Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   No Candyman Love?? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1769)

Arioch 12-04-2003 07:00 PM

No Candyman Love??

I hear jason, freddy, pinhead, leatherface, and myers threads CONSTANTLY , but i havent seen 1 candyman thread. Am i the only one here that likes these movies?? I think theyr great and although i didnt like the 3rd one that much i did like the 2nd one and theyre pretty good as a whole. Am i alone here??

Arioch 12-05-2003 03:04 AM

I just watched this movie again last night. I gotta say, im gonna give hellraiser another chance just because clive barker made this movie. I mean there are no horror stereotypes except the Male killer Female Hero thing. No drugs = predictible death, no Sex = getting killed. And the killer is setting up the hero the hole movie. On top of that there is that bizarre love type relationship between them. I like how the movie sets you up into thinking candyman is just that gangbanger they catch.The scene where he kills the psychiatrist and then burst out the window all crazy.The organ and bell music Philip Glass did is great too,(ive stolen that main riff in a couple of my songs lol)I fucking LOVE the scene were he first appears to here when shes walking to her car in the car garage. "heleeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnn" so creepy.

The movie goes in crazy directions too, with here waking up in that girls room with the dead baby. Then the ending owns all together. Can you tell i really like this movie yet???? It might have to pass ANOES 1 on my all time list, still has a way to go to beat TCM original tho. ANYONE else like Candyman????

avenger00soul 12-05-2003 03:49 AM

Got to agree with you on the bizarre relationship between Madsen and Todd. That really sold the movie for me. Now, my fav. part of the film is the bathroom story part. I swear when they show that bathroom, I'm there. I can actually SMELL it. Great set designer, if it's a set.

Hated 2 and 3 though. Just couldn't get into them.

SoUl SuRvIvOrS 12-07-2003 09:15 PM

Which one took place in Louisiana? During MG?

allmykids 12-07-2003 10:22 PM

YOUR NOT ALONE!!! I really liked candyman 1 and 2. did'nt know there was a three!! how was it? :confused: :confused:

Arioch 12-07-2003 10:43 PM

I think it was the 2nd one that took place in louisianna but i could be wrong.

Quote:

YOUR NOT ALONE!!! I really liked candyman 1 and 2. did'nt know there was a three!! how was it?
It wasnt that good, and for some reason the candyman theme music isnt in it much at all which is one of the best parts of the series. i liked the 2nd one tho, especially the last scene were they have it playing on a music box, Philip Glass is the shit.

avenger00soul 12-08-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SoUl SuRvIvOrS
Which one took place in Louisiana? During MG?
It was the second one, even though the third film is called Day of the Dead.

orangestar 12-08-2003 05:35 PM

I saw this movie about 3 weeks ago. I really loved it! The relationship between Helen and Candyman was...inexplicable. Helen wanted him but couldn't have him.

I found the second one to be watchable, but it was not great, especially compared to the first one. Havent seen the 3rd one yet, Im not sure Im going to waste my money on it, if I go by everyone else's reviews.

Aylmer 01-07-2004 08:33 AM

I love the first one, and the second one wasnt that bad. I didn't see the 3rd one yet and from the sounds of the thread it sounds like that isn't a bad thing.

MichaelMyers 01-07-2004 09:01 AM

The first one was great and really suspenseful, especially when he's calling that girl's name across the parking lot. :D