Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   new Amityville Horror thread (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14824)

MARK MYERS 10-19-2004 02:34 AM

Amityville

what are they about i am tempted to buy the series on dvd but wats the plot?

EXTR3MIST 10-19-2004 03:28 AM

The infamous haunting of the Lutz family as they move into the house in Amityville where, one year earlier in 1974, Ronald DeFoe murdered his family with a shotgun.

The DeFoe murders are true fact and are the theme of the second movie (a prequel of sorts), but the supernatural element is added by the Lutzes to spice up the story (and their bank accounts) cue bestselling books and films.

FilthyCannibal 10-19-2004 06:44 PM

pretty soon there is going to be a remake coming out. Who knows, it could be better than the original. I thought it was boring.

horror_master 11-04-2004 10:18 AM

The frist moive was based on a ture story. The ones after that I belived aren't really based upon any thurth at all. Expected the second one may have some turth to it.

FilthyCannibal 11-04-2004 12:51 PM

the first one was based on what was said to be truth. Nobody knows but the Lutz's.

The second one was pretty close to what really happened before the Lutz's lived there. It was overdone by Hollywood, but the basic story was true.

chaplain 11-04-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FilthyCannibal
pretty soon there is going to be a remake coming out. Who knows, it could be better than the original. I thought it was boring.

I agree.

allmykids 11-04-2004 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EXTR3MIST
The infamous haunting of the Lutz family as they move into the house in Amityville where, one year earlier in 1974, Ronald DeFoe murdered his family with a shotgun.

The DeFoe murders are true fact and are the theme of the second movie (a prequel of sorts), but the supernatural element is added by the Lutzes to spice up the story (and their bank accounts) cue bestselling books and films.

What he said!!

urgeok 11-04-2004 02:13 PM

The first Amityville had a couple of effective moments ...
The pig in the window was a dandy .. but other than that it didnt really have much of an impact while watching it because you got the feeling early on that no one was going to be killed ... and worrying about where/when the characters are going to be killed is where suspense in a horror movie comes from.

A remake might not be a bad idea but again .. for new fans ..
we already know the story and how do you change something to make it more interesting when it is supposedly based on a 'true story'
(rolling my eyes)

MichaelMyers 11-07-2004 07:11 PM

The best part was when all the priests were cussing at each other.

Hate_Breeder 11-07-2004 07:33 PM

The first one kicked ass to me. Didnt bother with any other ones