Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

Repo'd 12-11-2016 04:56 AM

So many thoughts in my head...all of them random.
It's too damn cold outside.
I'm kinda feeling the Christmas spirit.
My dog is getting old.
I wish I still lived in a more secluded area. Moving this spring wasn't a great idea.
I need some new music.
I'm really happy that I got some Christmas shopping done yesterday.

Bloof 12-11-2016 05:50 AM

I read something pretty cool the other day. At the Admundsen-Scott South Pole Scientific Station, at the beginning of what they call "winter overs" the remaining staff (approx 45-50) watch back to back: The Thing from another World, The Thing and then The Thing (2011).

Repo'd 12-11-2016 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1022469)
I read something pretty cool the other day. At the Admundsen-Scott South Pole Scientific Station, at the beginning of what they call "winter overs" the remaining staff (approx 45-50) watch back to back: The Thing from another World, The Thing and then The Thing (2011).

You're right, that is pretty cool!

Bloof 12-11-2016 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1022472)
You're right, that is pretty cool!

Well I'm certain they wouldn't watch The Shining, lol.

Sculpt 12-11-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1022460)
So many thoughts in my head...all of them random.
It's too damn cold outside.
I'm kinda feeling the Christmas spirit.
My dog is getting old.
I wish I still lived in a more secluded area. Moving this spring wasn't a great idea.
I need some new music.
I'm really happy that I got some Christmas shopping done yesterday.

Looking at your "Best Albums per Decade" listings, I'd say we have similar tastes in music. Some of these aren't new, but might be new to you: Jack White - Blunderbuss (2012) is a good album. Great sound and very talented band musicians. Here's a cut you might particularly like "Weep Themselves to Sleep".

This is an impressive album from 2007, beatlesque, very slick studio production, lot's of variation.

What type you in the mood for?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1022469)

That's a good idea. Nobody in they're group should be get stir crazy paranoid at all. ::big grin::

Dead Bad Things 12-12-2016 05:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Y'all need to play some funk!

Baron Von Marlon 12-12-2016 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1022460)
I need some new music.

Check the wiki pages of your favorite bands.
Often they list their main influences. Might find some "new" old music that way.

Or go to www.last.fm and search for a band you like. There you'll be able to click "similar artists".
You'll get a list of bands that sound similar, bands from the same scene, bands that share members,...

While researching, open Youtube in another window and you can listen to new stuff while looking for more.

Repo'd 12-12-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1022477)
Looking at your "Best Albums per Decade" listings, I'd say we have similar tastes in music. Some of these aren't new, but might be new to you: Jack White - Blunderbuss (2012) is a good album. Great sound and very talented band musicians. Here's a cut you might particularly like "Weep Themselves to Sleep".

This is an impressive album from 2007, beatlesque, very slick studio production, lot's of variation.

Love the Blunderbuss song, Sculpt! I've heard a bit of this band but never this tune. Thank you.
Not really digging the other tune but I searched a few other songs by them and I like!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 1022496)
Check the wiki pages of your favorite bands.
Often they list their main influences. Might find some "new" old music that way.

Or go to www.last.fm and search for a band you like. There you'll be able to click "similar artists".
You'll get a list of bands that sound similar, bands from the same scene, bands that share members,...

While researching, open Youtube in another window and you can listen to new stuff while looking for more.

Oh yeah, Baron, I have found a ton of stuff by checking the related stuff on Youtube. It's so handy.

Dead Bad Things 12-13-2016 05:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Roiffalo 12-13-2016 08:49 AM

Why is food not banned from the library... Do people have any idea how much it sucks to study for a final when you're hungry but can't afford to buy anything in the cafeteria and their food is just taunting you with how delicious it smells...