Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Comics (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Last Comic you Bought (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27976)

Roderick Usher 02-10-2007 06:59 AM

Last Comic you Bought

There's a "last book" in the book section and a "recent aquisitions" in the modern horror section, so why not a lst comic thread.

I just bought Sandman World's End (#8 in the series)

I know I should be through these, but I fell off a bit after #7.

Geddy 02-10-2007 10:01 AM

I picked up Civil War 4,5,6,and Ultimate Fantastic four 32 a few weeks ago.

Gus 02-10-2007 12:51 PM

i think it was a spider-man 2099. with a foil cover,
it was atleast twelve years ago.

knife_fight 02-12-2007 11:26 PM

I picked up "Making Comics" by Scott McCloud after I loved "Understanding Comics."

can't get enough gore 02-14-2007 02:15 PM

spawn#25:cool:

Phalanx 02-15-2007 05:37 AM

Don't really BUY them anymore, just DL 'em.
Although, I saw a hardcover TPB of the first 10 issues of BONE, in colour, that I might consider picking up.

Other than that...last time I actually bought comics, in the last lot was some "thunderbolts", a spider-man with a black cover (now apparently worth a lot) set just after the WTC thing, an issue of Avengers, and some other stuff I can't remember.

Roderick Usher 02-15-2007 06:38 AM

I can't stand downloadable comics or books. I need the tactile pleasure or holding it's weight, turning the pages. But I fell off the comic thing when it was really getting good ad have since been paying catch-up.

Love my local shop. It's filled with really nice guys who always have something cool for me. Goignt to pick up the first Transmetropolitan today because I went in looking for a comic equivilent of Diogenes.

Phalanx 02-15-2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

I can't stand downloadable comics or books. I need the tactile pleasure or holding it's weight, turning the pages.
I agree, it's nice to touch the pages, smell the print, and flip through books...for about 4 years while still living at home, not having to pay any rent or bills, all that shit, I collected many comics...but right now, predominately being a student, just not something I can afford.
However, downloading them is not only obviously more "affordable", it keeps me caught up with those titles I'd LIKE to follow, without waiting for a time where I'm more financially capable, having to track down HEAPS of back issues, which will probably cost more to get comics in not-so-great condition, or way-too-overpriced comics in grading containers, that I won't even be able to read...soo...I'm good with this. Besides, I think everyone collecting has to admit that it's pretty stupidly expensive now...since everyone started collecting thinking everything would be "worth something one day", all that's happened is the prices have gone up, and the eventual value has gone down...to the collector, of course, the comic stores rip you the fuck off for back issues, so yeah, at this point, no more collecting.
I've got my box full of sealed comics, but that's it for me, for now.

Although, I will on occasion see something I REALLY want and grab it...sometimes I'll find the odd treasure trove of old comics and back issues in second-hand bookstores, and buy HEAPS (Got a whole bunch of "ROM", magnus: robot fighter, and wonderman once, quite cheaply), or I'll read about a certain graphic novel or TPB that I'd like, eg - the aforementioned BONE is a great read, and sometimes even single issues I'll make the effort of buying....I was considering "John Woo's - 7 Brothers" as I've enjoyed it so much thus far.
So, it's not as though I'm entirely against BUYING the stuff, just not really collecting anything.

Roderick Usher 02-15-2007 07:21 AM

I hear you. I don't "collect" in that I don't see comics as any kind of investment - and I would never by an old original when there's a reprint available. It's all about story for me. I'm so far behind that I usually pick up two trade paperbacks a month.

bwind22 02-15-2007 09:04 PM

The only comics I've bought in the past probably 7 or 8 years have been the Sin City TPBs & the Preacher TPBs.

I used to read Spiderman & X-Men religiously though when I was younger.

bwind22 02-15-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gus (Post 550484)
i think it was a spider-man 2099. with a foil cover,
it was atleast twelve years ago.

Ahaha. I have that too. Those 2099 series all pretty much sucked. I think I bought like the first issue or two of all of the different series' when they came out.

the_real_linda 02-16-2007 08:52 AM

a battlestar galatica comic

Despare 02-16-2007 07:04 PM

Yikes, I think it was the Death of Superman heh. I've been trying to get some graphic novels but can never find the ones I'm looking for at the time.

Roderick Usher 02-16-2007 07:22 PM

Street Angel

a mccuaig 02-16-2007 08:15 PM

Civil War looked o.k, but never really bought any...well not until The Punisher in the Civil War. Bought that right away. Oh, and Ulitmate Spiderman-those are really funny. That and The Black Knight.

Geddy 02-22-2007 11:08 AM

I picked up Ultimate Fantastic four 37,38 yesterday.

Gus 02-27-2007 06:09 PM

another time my mom baught me a pack of spawn comics, i think i was thirteen.

Phalanx 02-27-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Civil War looked o.k, but never really bought any...well not until The Punisher in the Civil War. Bought that right away. Oh, and Ulitmate Spiderman-those are really funny. That and The Black Knight.
Frontline, civil war, amazing spider-man, Iron-man & Captain America are the only ones you really NEED to read to cover most of it...A lot of crap titles in the civil war related.
The Young Avengers/Runways one was pretty decent if you follow those titles.

Quote:

another time my mom baught me a pack of spawn comics, i think i was thirteen.
Years ago, I was actually given the very first spawn action figure, from the very first line of them...Stupidly enough, I opened it...and somehow lost it too.
Ah well, at least I still got a decent box of comics put away...

Shadow 02-28-2007 05:18 AM

Still waiting on Ghost Rider comic *huffs*

However I did get to borrow the next Sandman comic I need to read.

a mccuaig 02-28-2007 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalanx (Post 561109)
Frontline, civil war, amazing spider-man, Iron-man & Captain America are the only ones you really NEED to read to cover most of it...A lot of crap titles in the civil war related.
The Young Avengers/Runways one was pretty decent if you follow those titles.

Years ago, I was actually given the very first spawn action figure, from the very first line of them...Stupidly enough, I opened it...and somehow lost it too.
Ah well, at least I still got a decent box of comics put away...

i heard that the captain america series was awsome. I love the punisher though. He has a special place in my heart. aaawwww.

Geddy 03-03-2007 12:28 PM

I picked up a surprise bag at the comic shop I go to, it came with
-The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles issues 4,and 5.
-The New Warriors Issue 19.
-Superman In Action Comics issue 662.
-Armageddon Inferno issue 4.
-Armageddon 2001 issue 2.
-Armageddon:The Alien Agenda issue 1-3.
-The Avengers issue 347.

SamCostello 03-04-2007 12:40 PM

I just got a shipment from my mail order company yesterday. Gloriously, it had:

Drifting Classrom 2 and 3
Monster 5
100 Bullets 10
Dark Horrors 1
Museum of Terror 2 and 3
Blessed Thistle

Happy day at the mail box!

Sam

Darkspider 03-05-2007 02:31 PM

I'm now reading "Friday the 13th" & "Nightmare On Elm St" and just finish reading the "Zombie" 4 part series from Max comics, that one was really good, you can see my video about it here--> Horror Comic Book

Geddy 03-06-2007 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkspider (Post 564840)
I'm now reading "Friday the 13th" & "Nightmare On Elm St" and just finish reading the "Zombie" 4 part series from Max comics, that one was really good, you can see my video about it here--> Horror Comic Book

How are the Friday the 13th comics?I was gonna pick a couple up,but I did'nt have enough money with me.

Geddy 03-08-2007 01:49 AM

My friend sold me...
-Ghost Rider issues 19-20(First Series).
-Ghost Rider issue 81(First Series).
-Ghost Rider issues 3-4(Second Series).
-Ghost Rider issue 25(Second Series).
-Ghost Rider issue 111(Second Series).
All for 7 bucks.

bloodygurl02 03-10-2007 08:35 AM

x-men phoenix war song part 1 and 2 still need the rest but i am broke right now and haven't gone to a comic book store since x-mas

Geddy 03-13-2007 11:57 AM

Picked up civil war issue 7 on the weekend,it was alright.

Geddy 03-14-2007 04:11 AM

Ultimate Spiderman issue 101 for my brother's birthday.

Geddy 03-15-2007 01:10 PM

Today I picked up Essential fantastic four volume 2 at the library,I got it for a few weeks.

the_real_linda 03-24-2007 06:40 AM

buffy the vampire slayer....yay season 8!!!!

SamCostello 03-25-2007 01:13 PM

Cerebus Vol. 9: Reads and Kane, Vol 4: Histories. Looking forward to starting both.

Sam

beckylouise2904 04-13-2007 03:38 AM

Zombie Feast - a particularly good yet depressing read!

Geddy 04-15-2007 03:53 PM

Goon issue number 11.

SamCostello 04-29-2007 01:29 PM

Not the last one I bought, but I just finished Death Note Vol. 10. Thought not as good as the early volumes of the series, I’m still looking forward to seeing how this wraps up.

Sam

Geddy 05-05-2007 08:46 AM

I did'nt buy any today, but it's free comic book day today, so I picked up the amazing spiderman fcbd edition, Ultimate spiderman issue 87, Moon knight issue 3, superman/batman issue 25, Ultimare wolverine vs hulk issue 2, Transformers prequel comic,Justice league america issue 0,Some Simpsons one,A Sonic one,and A Gumby one.

the_real_linda 05-08-2007 11:06 AM

lol aint free comic book day fun...:D :D :D :D

Geddy 05-08-2007 12:32 PM

Yeah it was pretty awesome. I gotta green lantern ring and a batman toy when I was there too. :D

SamCostello 05-13-2007 08:39 AM

Just read Kane Vol. 4: The Thirty-Ninth. Another great installment of Paul Grist’s police procedural, possibly the only straight police story in comics.

Also read The Exterminators Vol.1 : Bug Brothers. A comic about exterminators, genetically mutated cockroaches, and a global conspiracy. A lot better than I’d expected it to be.

Sam

Roderick Usher 05-17-2007 03:05 PM

Eden

cool as hell!

CryptKeeper13 05-17-2007 07:32 PM

Batman: The Red Hood trade.