Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Games (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So...GTA4, Not all that? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33839)

Phalanx 04-29-2008 09:41 PM

So...GTA4, Not all that?

Seems a lot of people aren't absolutely amazed by the current chapter in the GTA series from what I've read/heard back about.
I mean sure, I'll be grabbing it - I think the current gen/networks ability to d/l additional content will make this a GTA experience unlike any before, not to mention the PVP online games...etc...will be there, along with vehicles we're not used to as yet, a new combat and shooting style, and a new set of characters.
This one actually looks to have a deeper storyline which I think will work in its favour...but yeah...am I expecting a thing of greatness? Not really.
Just another, shinier GTA.

So...thoughts from those that have played and yet to play alike?

I'd love to see a GTA game where you play as a dirty cop, for at least some of the time..

newb 04-30-2008 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalanx (Post 691402)
This one actually looks to have a deeper storyline which I think will work in its favour...but yeah...am I expecting a thing of greatness? Not really.

So...thoughts from those that have played and yet to play alike?

Spent a couple of hours in Liberty City last night......you summed it up pretty good so far......deeper story...shinier GTA. Haven't even got a gun yet and I hear the combat is much improved.....we shall see.

Freak 04-30-2008 08:09 AM

I dont like the controls of this game. The driving is really horrible.And the guy looks like he's gonna fall over when you turn him left and right.

What I've played of the multiplayer last night wasn't to bad.Cops n Crooks was pretty fun.

The Mothman 04-30-2008 09:17 AM

I heard it was freakin flawless.
ive read a review o both IGN and gamspot. both websites gave it a 10/10. a score i have never seen before on either of the sites.

Despare 04-30-2008 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Mothman (Post 691540)
I heard it was freakin flawless.
ive read a review o both IGN and gamspot. both websites gave it a 10/10. a score i have never seen before on either of the sites.

GameSpot - 10 out of 10
TeamXbox - 10 out of 10
IGN - 10 out of 10
Game Informer 10 out of 10
Official Xbox Magazine - 9.5 out of 10
VideoGamer - 10 out of 10
1UP - A+
GameSpy - 5 out of 5
Eurogamer - 10 out of 10
NZGamer - 9.9 out of 10
Ferrago - 98 out of 100
Gameplanet - 10 out of 10
Cheat Code Central - 4.9 out of 5
G4 - X-Play - 5 out of 5

Antym666 04-30-2008 10:29 AM

Brilliant game..... Its so detailed, seriously.

_____V_____ 04-30-2008 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phalanx (Post 691402)

Exactly what I was expecting.

Will be picking up my copy in a couple days' time.

They really need to introduce some newer, more badass characters with a better storyline.

Maybe GTA V.

bloody_ribcut 04-30-2008 10:39 AM

in game tv, and internet.........thats crazy.

Despare 04-30-2008 05:48 PM

Just got a call from the brother in law asking if I got mine yet because multiplayer is amazingly fun without being so slanted toward the hardcore that it makes it almost a chore to play. Another person at work said he loved the single player and it's the best one he played yet. Not only that but that this main character is his favorite so far, but I'll reserve judgment until mine gets here (Friday hopefully). It really seems like people are looking for points to pick at. As is the case with most popular things. You can find any forum or IM conversation about movies, cars, or fighters bustling with activity and people talking about how something is overrated... from Fedor to Sergio Leone.

The Mothman 05-01-2008 11:13 AM

those are some incredible scores.
i need to strat saving up.