Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   20 HORROR MOVIES YOU HAVE TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66445)

rjwonline 10-16-2015 04:47 PM

20 HORROR MOVIES YOU HAVE TO SEE BEFORE YOU DIE

This is one hell of a good list, not much to fault here at all. I've seen all 20 because I am a horror freak, BOOM!

http://scyllar.com/10-16-2015/20-Hor...ou-die/38.html

Morningriser 10-16-2015 05:02 PM

I bet your mom is damn proud of you!

bamahorrorfan87 10-16-2015 06:29 PM

well i can go seen them all

Bluecat 10-26-2015 01:48 PM

Nice list. I have certainly seen them all. It would be nice though, if these lists weren't always so predictable. Do any of you ever get frustrated because they never provide you with anything new?

tfantasy 10-31-2015 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjwonline (Post 1002651)
This is one hell of a good list, not much to fault here at all. I've seen all 20 because I am a horror freak, BOOM!

http://scyllar.com/10-16-2015/20-Hor...ou-die/38.html

Yeah, I have seen them all and I think I own almost all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecat (Post 1003734)
Nice list. I have certainly seen them all. It would be nice though, if these lists weren't always so predictable. Do any of you ever get frustrated because they never provide you with anything new?

Pretty much ::sad::

I feel that most horror movies these days have zero scare factor and some of them are getting just down right lame (Unfriended, It Follows, The Gallows).

The one recent horror movie that I thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end was Crimson Peak, truly incredible!!

I own most of the "typical" horror movies but I also have bought some that haven't been on many lists. I guess it boils down to what you like, we all have similar and different tastes.

How many people on here own Cold Prey/Cold Prey II, The Descent/The Descent II, Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead (remake), The Collector/The Collection, 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later, The Children, 30 Days of Night, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, The Ninth Gate, From Hell, the entire Resident Evil series or the entire Underworld series?? These are just a few of what consists in my collection ::cool::

RidleysDemise 11-04-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfantasy (Post 1004442)
Yeah, I have seen them all and I think I own almost all of them.

Pretty much ::sad::

I feel that most horror movies these days have zero scare factor and some of them are getting just down right lame (Unfriended, It Follows, The Gallows).

The one recent horror movie that I thoroughly enjoyed from beginning to end was Crimson Peak, truly incredible!!

I own most of the "typical" horror movies but I also have bought some that haven't been on many lists. I guess it boils down to what you like, we all have similar and different tastes.

How many people on here own Cold Prey/Cold Prey II, The Descent/The Descent II, Cabin in the Woods, Evil Dead (remake), The Collector/The Collection, 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later, The Children, 30 Days of Night, Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter, The Ninth Gate, From Hell, the entire Resident Evil series or the entire Underworld series?? These are just a few of what consists in my collection ::cool::

I wish I didn't agree that horror movies have gone way down hill, but the truth is...they have.

As for your collection, it's awesome. ^-^ I own The Descent, Cabin in the Woods, 28 Days Later/28 Weeks Later, Resident Evil 1-4, High Tension, Audition (2 Disc Edition), Cabin Fever, The Grudge/The Grudge 3, The Ring/The Ring Two, Seven, Nosferatu, The Last House on the Left (remake), I Spit on Your Grave and The Exorcist.

I plan on getting many more, but I haven't been collecting very long, unfortunately. =/

FryeDwight 11-06-2015 05:57 AM

Some decent choices, but some lame ones too. And not putting ANYTHING prior to PSYCHO is just wrong...lots of classics made before them -many better than this list.

horcrux2007 11-06-2015 06:05 AM

This seems like it was made by a person who just dabbles in horror but isn't actually a big fan.

Roiffalo 11-06-2015 01:27 PM

This list reminds me of when Sinister 2 was in theaters and I was listening to the radio. Some soccer mom was listing off what was in theaters, and when S2 came up I wanted to slap her. ''I haven't seen the first but oooo, sounds scary!''

Quote:

Originally Posted by FryeDwight (Post 1004937)
Some decent choices, but some lame ones too. And not putting ANYTHING prior to PSYCHO is just wrong...lots of classics made before them -many better than this list.

I like this comment a lot.

RidleysDemise 11-07-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

I concur. Freaks, Nosferatu, Diabolique...just to name a very few.

sfear 11-08-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Agreed.

KarlaMauricio 11-20-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluecat (Post 1003734)

Im agree with you, all the list are the same ::sad::

Sculpt 11-21-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidleysDemise (Post 1005117)
I concur. Freaks, Nosferatu, Diabolique...just to name a very few.

Anyone know where I can watch a Diabolique english dub? I read it exists.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1004979)
This list reminds me of when Sinister 2 was in theaters and I was listening to the radio. Some soccer mom was listing off what was in theaters, and when S2 came up I wanted to slap her. ''I haven't seen the first but oooo, sounds scary!''

What do you mean? Did you want to slap her because didn't see Sinister1, or cause Sinister 2 isn't scary, or cause you could tell she's never seen a horror film?

Sculpt 11-21-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlaMauricio (Post 1006254)
Im agree with you, all the list are the same ::sad::

What do you mean by, "all the list are the same"? You mean every film on that list is about the same?

Just my opinion, but I think Psycho, Exorcist, The Blair Witch Project, Scream, The Thing & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are all very different than each other.

Or you mean seems every "Must See Before Die" lists are the same? I think it's good most can agree on the best horror films, because it means there's some common knowledge about what makes a good film & story. That never means every story is the same -- but it does mean, thankfully, most people don't think every horror they see is excellent.

I thought it was a good "Must See Before Die" list -- though if I were picky I debate having some of these for this type of list.

Ms.Macabre_91 11-22-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1006348)
What do you mean by, "all the list are the same"? You mean every film on that list is about the same?

Just my opinion, but I think Psycho, Exorcist, The Blair Witch Project, Scream, The Thing & The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are all very different than each other.

Or you mean seems every "Must See Before Die" lists are the same? I think it's good most can agree on the best horror films, because it means there's some common knowledge about what makes a good film & story. That never means every story is the same -- but it does mean, thankfully, most people don't think every horror they see is excellent.

I thought it was a good "Must See Before Die" list -- though if I were picky I debate having some of these for this type of list.

I think they meant that every "Must See" list has the same movie titles listed which doesn't mean that they are not good or anything it would just be nice to hear about some decent movies that we weren't already familiar with.

Angra 11-23-2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Macabre_91 (Post 1006419)
I think they meant that every "Must See" list has the same movie titles listed which doesn't mean that they are not good or anything it would just be nice to hear about some decent movies that we weren't already familiar with.

Amen sister!

Sculpt 11-23-2015 10:03 PM

Quote:

We'll, you know, when they make them... ::big grin::

KarlaMauricio 11-24-2015 06:40 AM

Quote:

Exactly, thats what I meant, I mean i love all the movies named in the list but i would like to see something new and good.::smile::

Sculpt 11-27-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlaMauricio (Post 1006514)
Exactly, thats what I meant, I mean i love all the movies named in the list but i would like to see something new and good.::smile::

I totally agree too! It doesn't seem like hardly any director is shooting for the moon anymore, so we get the same old rehashed stuff.

What did you think of Vacancy & Dead Silence?

KarlaMauricio 11-29-2015 12:55 PM

What did you think of Vacancy & Dead Silence?[/QUOTE]

well vacancy is not a good or bad movie, I think that its a little predictable but in another way it's a movie that keeps you watching till the end, and as for me i liked how the director made some references of psycho.
And with dead silence well i like that movie it's interesting but again not my favorite

Sculpt 11-29-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlaMauricio (Post 1006876)
well vacancy is not a good or bad movie, I think that its a little predictable but in another way it's a movie that keeps you watching till the end, and as for me i liked how the director made some references of psycho.
And with dead silence well i like that movie it's interesting but again not my favorite

That's cool. For me, for Vacancy, the only thing I predicted is there would be a killer or killers at the motel, other than that, I didn't know any of that was going to happen, nor when. So I found it pretty exciting. Plus, I thought the relationship between the two leads was very nicely done, helped make the film. A lot of horror has crap for characters and acting.

DeadbeatAtDawn 11-29-2015 01:58 PM

I guess I should see El Topo and Donnie Darko before I perish.

Sculpt 11-29-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn (Post 1006889)
I guess I should see El Topo and Donnie Darko before I perish.

Yes, Donnie Darko should be seen once, or twice actually, cause it's a thinker. Do you like any thought in films? I see your gave The Thing 82 5/5, so I think you'll like it.

Lord Voldemort 12-02-2015 03:57 PM

Ok the link in the OP doesn't work, anymore. Is this the same list everyone's referring to:

http://whatculture.com/film/20-horro...-see-die.php/2

Angra 12-02-2015 06:02 PM

We at HDC ought to make our own before-you-die list.

Would be interesting to see how much different it would be to all the generic lists made by pro critics everywhere.

Ms.Macabre_91 12-02-2015 07:04 PM

That sounds like a pretty good idea,I definitely have some good cult classics in mind.

Lord Voldemort 12-02-2015 07:18 PM

Hails yeah. I'm already working on my list!

Repo'd 12-03-2015 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007046)

Would be interesting to see how much different it would be to all the generic lists made by pro critics everywhere.

Love this idea.

Angra 12-03-2015 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort (Post 1007051)
Flesh For The Beast

Hmmm... I smell involvement.

Baron Von Marlon 12-03-2015 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007046)

Small problem, that belongs in the Compilation section and I'm not sure all members visit it.

Angra 12-03-2015 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 1007077)
Small problem, that belongs in the Compilation section and I'm not sure all members visit it.

I sure don't.

Would be fun to make nevertheless.

Baron Von Marlon 12-03-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007078)
I sure don't.

Would be fun to make nevertheless.

Guess I'll go and create a topic then... You lazy bum.

Angra 12-03-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 1007095)
Guess I'll go and create a topic then... You lazy bum.

Amen. ::big grin::

Baron Von Marlon 12-03-2015 05:59 AM

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66650

Angra 12-03-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon (Post 1007098)

1 suggestion. Don't allow any discussions in that thread. It wil only make the thread chaotic before long.

Angra 12-03-2015 06:48 AM

Also, could we make a 20 titles limit?

Lord Voldemort 12-03-2015 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1007073)
Hmmm... I smell involvement.

Naw no involvement. Just a guy who likes seeing boobs.

Angra 12-03-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Voldemort (Post 1007124)
Naw no involvement. Just a guy who likes seeing boobs.

Oh I see... BAN HIM!!

Thumb resize.

Repo'd 12-03-2015 10:12 AM

Already some pretty great lists going up on the other thread.

Hard to keep it to twenty but there's nothing I hate more than when someone asks for a list of whatever sort, and a member responds with a 75 page list no one cares to look at. Therefore, 20 is a splendid cutoff. Besides, like the post says, we can add some to our lists later.

Angra 12-03-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1007131)

Hard to keep it to twenty

I totally agree.

But since all the critics sticks to lists of 10-20 movies I think we should do the same.

But it's totally up to the thread maker. ::smile::