Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Superbit (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13771)

ShankS 02-15-2005 11:35 PM

Superbit

Has anyone else viewed Superbit Digital Transfer? The image quality and detail is good. My first Superbit film purchase, which I just finished watching...Leon: The Professional Unrated Deluxe Edition was great viewing. The image was pin sharp crystal clear with no grain. The last time I watched Leon was on a borrowed worn out vhs tape. I'm going to search for other titles.

have a look here for some info.

urgeok 02-15-2005 11:38 PM

i have Panic Room on superbit ... didnt blow me away or anything - compared to other DVDs.

they leave off the special features to lessen the compression .. in all honesty i'd rather have the special features - my eye doesnt appreciate the difference ..

ShankS 02-15-2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by urgeok
i have Panic Room on superbit ... didnt blow me away or anything - compared to other DVDs.

they leave off the special features to lessen the compression .. in all honesty i'd rather have the special features - my eye doesnt appreciate the difference ..

Leon was a two disc set, film on 1 and extras on 2. I prefer it like that. I dont know if many get released as a 2 disc set, as the couple of sites I buy from, only have a limited amout of SB titles.

urgeok 02-15-2005 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ShankS
Leon was a two disc set, film on 1 and extras on 2. I prefer it like that. I dont know if many get released as a 2 disc set, as the couple of sites I buy from, only have a limited amout of SB titles.
i could like that .. but what about the commentary ??

the funny thing is .. most superbit titles dont warrant it ... its usually a waste...

(i.e. Carpenters : Vampires ???)

ShankS 02-15-2005 11:47 PM

Quote:

i could like that .. but what about the commentary ??

the funny thing is .. most superbit titles dont warrant it ... its usually a waste...

(i.e. Carpenters : Vampires ???)

a missing commentary may put people off buying, but to me it's not a problem... infact I've never even watched a film with the commentary running, so wouldn't miss it.

Hopfully more titles will get an SB release.

tachii 02-16-2005 06:44 AM

i usually watch the film, alternate commentaries, and then the features; i prefer infini film

urgeok 02-16-2005 06:48 AM

the commentaries are my favorite part .. get a good speaker and its sometimes as much fun as the film.

Vodstok 02-16-2005 06:49 AM

get a bad one (william freidkin on the Exorcist dic) and it almost ruins it for you.

I also wanted to kill Roger Ebert 5 minute sinto his Dark City commentary.

urgeok 02-16-2005 06:52 AM

same goes for The Vampire one .. with Malcovitch and Defoe .. cant remember the name ..

had to turn the commentary off - it was dry and terrible ..

and there was 2 guys on the evil dead trap ...

if i ever meet them i might just push them down.

The_Return 02-16-2005 04:19 PM

Quote:

same goes for The Vampire one .. with Malcovitch and Defoe .. cant remember the name ..

Shadow of the Vampire