Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HDC recommends... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34220)

fortunato 06-03-2008 06:53 PM

session 9.

The_Return 06-03-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 703480)

Yes! A movie that should be a mist see for any horror fan...incredible atmosphere + plot, plus one of the creepiest closing lines ever delivered. That ending still gives me chills and I've seen it at least 5-6 times.

I haven't seen a whole lot lately, but here's an older little cult flick that everyone her should check out:

Class of 1984

I'm sure a lot of you guys have already seen it, but I just caught it for the first time last week. Fantastic movie - the two leads give performances that far transcend the genre, as does Roddy McDowell in an amazing supporting role.

Every time Perry King and Timothy Van Patten are on screen together its like a clash of titans - both of them give such powerhouse performances. It doesn't hurt that they're working from a script with whip-sharp dialogue and an eerily prophetic storyline.

If anyone hasn't had the chance, grab this flick ASAP.

Despare 06-03-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

If you really want a great companion for this wonderful ghost story watch this one with The Devil's Backbone.

The Mothman 06-03-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

i loved that movie. im still looking for a modern movie with amosphere that can compare.

roshiq 06-04-2008 12:56 AM

Yeah...another fantastic thread introduced by V!

You guys have already recommended all the great recommendable flicks that I have seen recently....Inside, Ils, Orphanage, Rec., Orphanage, Ils, Inside, Rec. and Rec. Inside, Orphanage & Ils.....:rolleyes:

And Session 9 & May... both are remarkably good horror films.

I like to add The Ungodly/The Perfect Witness (2007), Ray Winstone's Sweeney Todd (2006), another French horror Frontier(s) & Argento's Mother of tears....but I'm afraid that some of you may not like this last chapter of mother trilogy. I enjoyed it..because I have become a blind Argento fan but still now I think it has some flaws.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 703364)
Have to catch up on Altered. Thanks for reminding, Chrono. :)

For lovers of giallo cinema, I have three recommendations - Mario Bava's excellent Blood and Black Lace, The Girl Who Knew Too Much and Kill, Baby... Kill!.

Noted!:)

Amalthea_unicorn 06-04-2008 03:50 AM

Rec and Ils sounds good.

ChronoGrl 06-04-2008 08:26 AM

Quote:

Absolutely. This is, by far, one of my favorite indie horror flicks. Also, it was shot in the asylum in Danvers, MA, so that local touch really intrigues me as well.

It's definitely a must-see for horror fans. A true gem.

fortunato 06-04-2008 07:06 PM

spoorloos (the vanishing)

les yeux sans visage (eyes without a face)

i drink your blood

_____V_____ 06-05-2008 06:50 AM

I second all three of those listed above.

As for The Vanishing, I recommend the original Spoorloos. The Hollywood remake was a bit disappointing. (just clearing that up for any confused people reading this)

Despare 06-05-2008 08:02 AM

Let's Scare Jessica to Death and Picnic at Hanging Rock

Two very atmospheric and beautiful films I suggest you seek out.