Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Upcoming Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   George A. Romero's SURVIVAL OF THE DEAD (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51792)

_____V_____ 10-31-2007 08:53 AM

Romero bringing Diary of the Dead sequel

October 31, 2007

Although George A. Romero's Diary of the Dead won't be released until next year, producers Artfire Films and Romero-Grunwald Prods. have already greenlit a sequel.

Diary received generally positive reviews after its premiere in Toronto, and the sequel will take place immediately after the end of the first film, according to Screen International.

The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead.

It will be Romero's sixth zombie flick, following Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Land of the Dead and the aforementioned Diary. And while there's no word yet on a title, we wouldn't be surprised if the godfather of gore plumps for "Island of the Dead".

Whatever the case, Romero's latest horror opus is set to shoot in Spring 2008.

GorePhobia 10-31-2007 08:58 AM

I think Romero should venture out now and do something different this time around.

Sick_As_Fuck 10-31-2007 10:58 PM

Yeah, I don't know about this. I thought "Land" was pretty bad. Also, "The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead." sounds more like a sequel to the "Dawn" remake.

alkytrio666 11-01-2007 04:48 AM

Yeah, Romero is becoming less and less credible. He needs to quit while he's ahead; I don't like the direction his films are taking.

AmericanManiac 11-01-2007 06:17 AM

I'm a huge Romero fan, so . . . . . . AWESOME! ! !

glasseye 11-01-2007 10:36 PM

yea, I'll watch it. The guy's a legend. He does zombies good

Psycom5k 11-02-2007 10:57 AM

Well, I don't think this one will be a blockbuster, but you have to take into account that its Romero, he doesn't really need to make a good movie for horror fans to watch it. Shit i bet he could film something in his back yard with his friends and family and people would want to watch it.

stenchofdeath 11-03-2007 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sick_As_Fuck (Post 643727)
Yeah, I don't know about this. I thought "Land" was pretty bad. Also, "The script, to be written and directed by Romero, will see survivors from the first film escape to a remote island, only to be plunged into another battle with the undead." sounds more like a sequel to the "Dawn" remake.

Agree with you on both points. My thoughts exactly about sounding like a Dawn remake sequel. To me it didn't look like anybody made it. You know these film makers the opening shot of the new movie will be of someone up a tree throwing coconuts at the zombies lol:D

Phalanx 11-03-2007 04:04 AM

So...what's this a sequel to anyway? the dawn remake?
Just going with the island connection and all...unless diary of the dead was something I'd missed?

the_real_linda 11-04-2007 07:59 AM

im happy with anything he does... just unsure bout day remake but looking forward to diary, tho i think it sounds too much like 'my name is bruce' or 'wrong turn 2' or 'leslie vernon' but it still sounds good.