Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Last Seen pre-1970 Classic/Vintage Horror Movie? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18488)

SinfulEyez 09-23-2008 03:16 PM

I don't know if you would consider this classic but for me it is ...

Psycho [1960]

neverending 09-23-2008 04:00 PM

It is specifically a classic- as defined in the description of this forum, which can be seen by looking at the forum index.

KRUGERKID13 09-24-2008 01:53 PM

Quatermass and the Pit (preferred part 2)
The Black Cat (The basil rathbone/Bela version) not as good as the karloff version wich also stars Lugosi but definetly better then Fulci's.

_____V_____ 09-24-2008 09:52 PM

Holy blast from the past Batman!

Welcome back, KK13. :cool:

The_Raven 09-29-2008 04:24 AM

The Body Snatcher.

Always good to catch this one on late night TV.

Leprucky Cougar 09-29-2008 12:36 PM

The Frankenstein ( The black and white version) I don't know if that one has a special name

The_Raven 09-30-2008 05:49 AM

War of the Colossal Beast.

Pretty average collaboration between Bert Gordon and Sam Arkoff. Apart from being a sequel, and having some larger-than-life effects, there wasn't much to look into. Average entertainer.

neverending 09-30-2008 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Raven (Post 735332)
War of the Colossal Beast.

Pretty average collaboration between Bert Gordon and Sam Arkoff. Apart from being a sequel, and having some larger-than-life effects, there wasn't much to look into. Average entertainer.

Oh now, you're a bit harsh :mad:

This was the first sci-fi/horror film I ever saw and that horrible face scared me!

phantomstranger 09-30-2008 03:11 PM

"The Giant Claw" (1957)

Synopsis: IMDB
When electronics engineer Mitch MacAfee spots a UFO as "big as a battleship," from his plane, the Air Force scrambles planes to investigate. However, nothing shows up on radar, and one of the jets is lost during the action. MacAfee is regarded as a dangerous crackpot until other incidents and disappearances convince the authorities that the threat is real. Some believe it is a French-Canadian folk legend come to life, but it turns out to be an extraterrestrial giant bird composed of anti-matter whose disregard for human life and architecture threatens the world.

Phantom's review: This is the Cadillac of schlock. Hysterically funny looking monster,( looks like a cross between a turkey buzzard and a muppett.) Over the top acting and a goofy plot. I love it.

brigid 10-05-2008 11:48 PM

The last Classic Horror you watched?

The last classic Horror I watched was "The Undying Monster"...Phantomstranger.....I also recently watched "The Giant Claw"What a funny flick...Can you believe I was up until 5:00 A.m. watching it...Your comment s right on about the bird being a cross between a turkey buzzard & muppet, I'm still chuckling...Didn't seem so funny when I was a kid but when I saw it the other night I laughed out loud...