Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It's been a few, four months. I miss yall. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68392)

Jake.Ashworth 01-20-2018 05:18 PM

It's been a few, four months. I miss yall.

I was thinking about the forum today. On occasion I miss sitting down and writing short stories to throw up here. I've conceited that I may be destined to work a "real" job until I die, so I may never have the time to write that I would want. But I need to stay active here. I love chatting with y'all. So this is basically an i miss you guys post.

Bloof 01-20-2018 05:30 PM

I kid you not...I've been thinking about you and your new job and the move etc! Hope all is well.

Jake.Ashworth 01-20-2018 06:23 PM

All is well, the move was stressful but our new home is beautiful. My wife and kids had some trouble adjusting and I went through some depressing times feeling like I made the wrong decision, but it's gotten a lot better. The new job is good and getting better. The stress is still pretty heavy, but more manageable. Thanks for thinking about me.

Bloof 01-21-2018 05:09 AM

Sounds like you went through a stressful time. That's gotta suck and I hope things just keep getting better. Gonna check out your werewolf story!

Sculpt 01-21-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1029499)
All is well, the move was stressful but our new home is beautiful. My wife and kids had some trouble adjusting and I went through some depressing times feeling like I made the wrong decision, but it's gotten a lot better. The new job is good and getting better. The stress is still pretty heavy, but more manageable. Thanks for thinking about me.

Moving to new house, area and job is really difficult. Glad things are coming together for you and your family!

Roiffalo 01-21-2018 07:19 PM

JAKE!!! Every time I see a newb with a Pinhead avie I want to football punt them for making me think you came back. This time it's for real! Missed you, buddy! ::cool::

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1029503)
Gonna check out your werewolf story!

SPOILER ALERT, IT'S AMAZING. ::stick out tongue::

Jake.Ashworth 01-22-2018 09:49 AM

Lol! Well, hopefully Ill be around for a little bit. My lovely wife has pushed me to write again. I decided to send some submissions into a few magazines and see about getting some shorts published.

Roi, you flatter me, it isn't that good. I was hoping for fun, Werewolves have been done so many times, I was hoping to twist it up a little bit.

Sculpt 01-22-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth (Post 1029522)
Lol! Well, hopefully Ill be around for a little bit. My lovely wife has pushed me to write again. I decided to send some submissions into a few magazines and see about getting some shorts published.

Roi, you flatter me, it isn't that good. I was hoping for fun, Werewolves have been done so many times, I was hoping to twist it up a little bit.

I think you should get with an illustrator. Add some cool illustrations...

And what do you know... you know a fine illustrator who has vast experience illustrating werewolves with Roi. You guys should try doing a small project together. Depending on the mag, they love the addition of illustrations.

Jake.Ashworth 01-23-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1029524)
I think you should get with an illustrator. Add some cool illustrations...

And what do you know... you know a fine illustrator who has vast experience illustrating werewolves with Roi. You guys should try doing a small project together. Depending on the mag, they love the addition of illustrations.

Thats a great idea! Hell, we could do a graphic novel and maybe get something published. Roi, you in????

MichaelMyers 01-31-2018 01:10 PM

I believe Fear Awakens will see the light of day yet.