Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   New Member Lounge (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hi, returning to this forum after eight years (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67977)

Wensley 03-30-2017 04:37 PM

Hi, returning to this forum after eight years

Hi,
I registered up for this forum roughly eight years ago. Eight years ago I was kind of very anti-social on the Internet and didn't like to spend time in two dimensional activities, I just wanted to blow stuff (generally demons and monsters) on 3D first person shooters all day.

Now I think I've pretty much outgrown video games, I changed from ~4 hours daily, everyday for 12 years, to playing only about one hour per day, and that when the stars are right only; this last statement is not a figure of speech. And also on weekends, when I generally indulge in 4-6 hours binges.

I think I've matured, and I regret that I'm (up to now) still not belonging to any community, but since horror is my main obsession, I came to appreciate horror communities, much more than the loneliness in life-lacking that I think are online games; online games being the thing that ate up all my time during the last seven years.

I want all of you to know that my favorite flavor/genre in almost everything is horror, and it is so since I was practically a toddler.

It's nice to come here, eight years later, and see the posts of my old account still here. The only difference is that when I wrote it, it was the message #278 of the thread, and now the last messages #1975!

cheebacheeba 03-30-2017 05:18 PM

Did you play Singularity? Bullet storm? Enslaved?

Repo'd 03-30-2017 06:27 PM

Welcome back!

hammerfan 03-31-2017 02:56 AM

Welcome back! You're timing is perfect!

MichaelMyers 03-31-2017 03:11 AM

Welcome back Wensley.....to horror.

NightOfTheLiving_Sam 03-31-2017 02:53 PM

Welcome back!! :)

anglewitch 03-31-2017 09:18 PM

Haven't been on here in 8 years, and you're a little boo?
Wow.

Welcome back. Whoever you are.

Tommy Jarvis 03-31-2017 11:22 PM

Welcome back, Wensley.

The Villain 04-02-2017 05:14 AM

Welcome Back

Wensley 04-11-2017 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1024302)
Did you play Singularity? Bullet storm? Enslaved?

Haven't heard/read on any of them. I'm going to check them out. Which one of these three is less survival horror and more anything else (shooter, graphic adventure, whatever)?

I played many survival horror games, but I'm very bad at them. As a side note, I don't like the SH genre too much because I see SHs as too hard and stuck in the past.

Two recent games I played in the horror genre are The Cat Lady, which I loved it and have yet to restart and finish. Because I lost my saves before finishing it, and the same goes for Outlast.

At the moment I'm playing Amensia: The Dark Descent. I like it by now (I'm by the part when the character descends to the cellar after getting rid of the slime blocking the cellar's door) because of its lack of violence.

Outlast was great in the sense that it didn't have weapons or inventory management. It was all tactical evasion and the only thing you had to manage was the camera's batteries.

Which of those three you recommended do you think I'd like the most now that I know a little bit more of my tastes?