Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Motel Hell (1980) (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67919)

TheUltimateDreamWarrior 01-17-2017 03:24 PM

Motel Hell (1980)

1 Attachment(s)
I have the Scream Factory Blu-Ray of Motel Hell (1980), shrink wrap removed, but I have yet to watch it. I neglect watching new films because anytime I watch a new movie, show, or read a new book I always go back and rewind or reread multiple times if I feel I missed something. It gets so annoying that I will put down a book or stop watching a movie or show out of frustration, and tell myself I'll come back to it later, but I never do. I know, I'm weird.

So I really want to give Motel Hell a try. I've had the Blu-Ray sitting on my shelf for several months collecting dust. I feel I should sit down and watch it. What is everyone's opinion on the movie? I hear it's a dark comedy. I know there's a scene similar to the lawnmower scene in Season One of Scream Queens (2015 - Present). I know it is mentioned in a horror slasher documentary. I know there's a quotable line in the movie,

Quote:

"I used preservatives."
Man, the eighties had some great horror movies. I'm in my late 20's, but if the younger people have not acquainted themselves with old horror movies they are really missing out. For me, it's nostalgic, which I guess is good in small doses.

The Villain 01-17-2017 04:14 PM

Never seen it but if i remember correctly i heard it was good

TheUltimateDreamWarrior 01-17-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Villain (Post 1023538)
Never seen it but if i remember correctly i heard it was good

The guy wearing the pig's head looks pretty scary. I should watch it. From the snippets I've seen it reminds me of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986).

Roiffalo 01-17-2017 06:59 PM

If you guys haven't seen Motel Hell yet, you need to remedy that ASAP! You're missing a truly great classic.

TheUltimateDreamWarrior 01-17-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1023558)
If you guys haven't seen Motel Hell yet, you need to remedy that ASAP! You're missing a truly great classic.

It definitely looks like a good movie, very satirical. I may watch it tomorrow if I have some time.

newb 01-18-2017 10:09 AM

Just watch the damn thing already.

it's good.

" It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincents fritters."

Ferox13 01-19-2017 06:11 AM

Jezz, what kinda horror forum is this..

TheUltimateDreamWarrior 01-19-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newb (Post 1023583)
Just watch the damn thing already.

it's good.

" It takes all kinds of critters...to make Farmer Vincents fritters."

lol! I definitely have to watch it, but I haven't had a chance to, yet. ::shocked:: My spouse has been hogging the dang TV, playing some MMORPG.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferox13 (Post 1023605)
Jezz, what kinda horror forum is this..

It's madness, Ferox. Simple unbridled madness.

SerialKiller 01-19-2017 01:04 PM

I hope you enjoy Motel Hell. ::love::

TheUltimateDreamWarrior 01-19-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SerialKiller (Post 1023617)
I hope you enjoy Motel Hell. ::love::

Thank you for quoting Carly Simon in your signature. You are officially awesome. I will watch Motel Hell, hopefully, tomorrow when my spouse is away. I'm looking forward to finally sitting down to watch it.