Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Weirdest Asian Horror Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35366)

horror-x 09-03-2008 08:55 AM

Weirdest Asian Horror Movie

Hey, I'm new to this forum so I thought I should start off with a random little thread.

What's the weirdest Asian horror you've ever seen? My choice is probably gonna be 'Tetsuo: The Iron Man', mainly because I've never seen any other film like it :). So what about you guys?

Angra 09-03-2008 09:10 AM

Tetsuo is definitely in the top 3.

But I say "Uzumaki".

Despare 09-03-2008 09:30 AM

I'd say Happiness of the Katikuris or Visitor Q have to be on the list.

The Mothman 09-03-2008 10:23 AM

Tetsuo or Meatball Machine

roshiq 09-03-2008 11:58 AM

Takashi Mike's Gozu

ChronoGrl 09-04-2008 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 727117)
I'd say Happiness of the Katikuris or Visitor Q have to be on the list.

Good GOD I need to see Happiness of the Katikuris... Waiting for it to be available on Netflix.

For me, I would have to name Visitor Q and Gozu. Gozu is one of my personal favorite movies of all time.

I feel as though Tetsuo should be up there, but it reminded me too much of Eraserhead, so I didn't feel it that weird since I had already seen Eraserhead (whether or not that makes sense).

Despare 09-04-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 727365)
Good GOD I need to see Happiness of the Katikuris... Waiting for it to be available on Netflix.

For me, I would have to name Visitor Q and Gozu. Gozu is one of my personal favorite movies of all time.

I feel as though Tetsuo should be up there, but it reminded me too much of Eraserhead, so I didn't feel it that weird since I had already seen Eraserhead (whether or not that makes sense).

Yeah, and Happiness is weird in such a different way than Tetsuo. I really wish you'd watch it and tell me what you think!

momo 09-04-2008 10:49 AM

crazy lips and strange circus LOL :)

ChronoGrl 09-05-2008 05:22 AM

I really want to see Strange Circus. Almost bought it this weekend on a whim, actually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Despare (Post 727381)
Yeah, and Happiness is weird in such a different way than Tetsuo. I really wish you'd watch it and tell me what you think!

It's at the top of my Netflix queue and has been for at least a month now, but it has a "very long wait..." so who knows how long it'll be until it's "available."

Part of me just wants to go out and buy it, but I'm hesitant to spend the money on a DVD that I might not like (not to mention, even on Ebay it's pretty expensive)... Is it worth buying? I loved Gozu and Visitor Q... I also love musicals...

horror-x 09-05-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momo (Post 727427)
crazy lips and strange circus LOL :)

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about Strange Circus, that was pretty disturbing, especially the whole sexual abuse thing, which is a big part of this movie. Still was an awesome film though.