Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Necronomicon (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3289)

avenger00soul 01-17-2004 01:00 PM

Necronomicon

How about this one? It's one of the lesser known Lovecraft films. It even stars Jeffrey Combs AS Lovecraft.

D'Lo 01-17-2004 05:52 PM

I received this movie yesterday (ebay purchase). I have my final examination this Monday at college, so I'll probably watch it Monday or Tuesday (depends when I'll be back this Mondaynight due to the celebration of the end of this term). I'll give my thoughts then!

avenger00soul 01-17-2004 05:57 PM

You've been getting alot of stuff off of Ebay lately D'lo. I hope you like it. There's three different stories, so you're bound to like one of them.

Did you ever watch Night Wars?

D'Lo 01-17-2004 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by avenger00soul
You've been getting alot of stuff off of Ebay lately D'lo. I hope you like it. There's three different stories, so you're bound to like one of them.

Did you ever watch Night Wars?

I bought a whole bunch of movies recently on Ebay. I payed 20 bucks for 14 movies (shipping included), so I thought 'why not?'. They're not all horrormovies though. The horrormovies include 'One Dark Night', 'Hellraiser 2', 'Body Bags', 'Necronomicon', 'April Fool's Day', 'Amytiville Horror - The Evil Escapes' & 'The Entity'. So I guess I have alot of movies to watch next week...

Haven't seen Night Wars yet. I bought it seperately from the above mentioned movies & I'll probably receive it on Wednesday or Thursday. I'll put my thoughts in the 'Night Wars' thread you started after I've seen it.

avenger00soul 01-17-2004 06:15 PM

Man, you got some good ones. Have fun.:)

D'Lo 01-17-2004 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by avenger00soul
Man, you got some good ones. Have fun.:)
Yeah, thanks man. I don't think I'm gonna catch lots of sleep next week, but who cares when you've got all these movies to watch, right?

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-17-2004 07:53 PM

Is this the anthology with the Bruce Payne segment? If so, I didn't care for it much. Didn't the guy who did Brotherhood Of The Wolf (another movie I didn't like) direct one of the segments?

avenger00soul 01-17-2004 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Is this the anthology with the Bruce Payne segment? If so, I didn't care for it much. Didn't the guy who did Brotherhood Of The Wolf (another movie I didn't like) direct one of the segments?
Yes to both questions. Wow, didn't like Brotherhood huh?

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-17-2004 08:04 PM

I don't know why I don't like Brotherhood; all my friends keep trying to convince me it's cool. I liked the look, but didn't really think the crazy martial arts third act connected well with the first two-thirds. Oh well.

avenger00soul 01-17-2004 08:06 PM

I can see what you mean. I think I liked that part the best b/c at that point, they truly had every genre of film included in the movie.