Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Which is better? Jaws or Deep Blue Sea (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=888)

_Leatha_Face_ 11-11-2003 11:36 AM

u gotta think of the year jaws was made it was like 78 or something anyways its OLD and DBS had computer F/X so of course DBS iz gonna have more gory death seens

FreddyFan 11-11-2003 03:09 PM

Yeah DBS would have better deaths but it's more of how scary the movie is. DBS didn't make people afraid to go in the ocean or any other body of water. Jaws did. That's what matters. I think if it's older it's going to be better because they don't try to use a lot of new F/X. Even though some new ones are good.

MorbidNightmare 11-11-2003 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by FreddyFan
good joke morbidnightmare.:)
Thanks I thought it would get a laugh ourt of someone.. Much like my spelling

friday13thfan 01-27-2004 08:12 AM

Deep Blue Sea was da bomb if u ask me

Evisceration 01-27-2004 08:43 AM

Deep Blue Sea, only because it doesn't have any shitty sequals after it.

Sam The Egg 01-27-2004 08:50 AM

Deep Blue Sea sucked ass. I don't care about Sequels, Jaws is way better.

Vodstok 01-27-2004 09:00 AM

Deep Blue Sea vs Jaws proves that practical effects are more convincing than digital. everything is digital these days and there needs to be some restraint.

DBS is way too complicated to start with. Too unlikely. Jaws is unrealistic (Peter Benchly is a retard), but it is cocievable that a shark might decide to make humans it's main prey.

However, what company on earth would invest the millions of dollars necesarry to make an underwater test facility to use genetically engineered mako sharks to study alzheimers? i imagine using mice in a lab would be more cost effective. They would use apes long before sharks.

Signs515 01-27-2004 12:33 PM

I enjoyed both of these movies, only difference is I enjoyed Jaws 50x more.

Dr.Kelvinstein 01-27-2004 12:37 PM

uh...Renny Harland directed Deep Blue Sea. He's one of the worst directors of all time. I won't even mention his Nightmare movie, but think about it....Cut Throat Island, Driven, Long Kiss Goodnight (yes, he somehow managed to screw up a Shane Black script), Cliff Hanger, and how could I forget the second Die Hard movie? Plus, he dresses like he should be on the cover of a romance novel. Gena Davis even divorced him for, among other things, trashing her career with bad movies.

Vodstok 01-27-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
uh...Renny Harland directed Deep Blue Sea. He's one of the worst directors of all time. I won't even mention his Nightmare movie, but think about it....Cut Throat Island, Driven, Long Kiss Goodnight (yes, he somehow managed to screw up a Shane Black script), Cliff Hanger, and how could I forget the second Die Hard movie? Plus, he dresses like he should be on the cover of a romance novel. Gena Davis even divorced him for, among other things, trashing her career with bad movies.
I just figured i would quote you on this, you summed up my feelings for Renny harland better than i could.