Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Foreign Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Ju-On again...sorry (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25122)

mikel1021 10-07-2006 11:03 AM

Ju-On again...sorry

so no real "main idea" on this thread, I was just curious to see how people were reacting to the Grudge series compared to the original TV aired Ju-On series, the second Grudge coming out on the 13th seems to follow closely to Ju-On 2 and I bet will also focus on the backstory of the woman and child.

as for the thread header, i'm sure this has been discussed before I only went back so far before I decided to just bring it up again.

if you do have an old link with any replies feel free to send it this way.

Angra 10-07-2006 12:53 PM

I personally loved them all. Also the american remake.:)

But Ju-on is the scariest.

mikel1021 10-08-2006 08:50 AM

the other thing I enjoyed about the ju-on series was the continuation in multiple story lines and how they are all brought together.

I LOVED the apt story where every night at a certain time there was banging on her one wall, and when you find out what is going on its just mind blowing

Angra 10-08-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikel1021

I LOVED the apt story where every night at a certain time there was banging on her one wall, and when you find out what is going on its just mind blowing

I loved that part as well. Simply brilliant.

Windowlicker 10-29-2006 11:15 AM

any1 seen the secoud jap verison Ju-on?
was thinkin of buyin it, just wonderin what its like.

Angra 10-29-2006 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windowlicker (Post 498193)
any1 seen the secoud jap verison Ju-on?
was thinkin of buyin it, just wonderin what its like.

Well..... It´s kind of a cheat.

The first 30 minutes of Ju-on 2 is the same as the last 30 minutes of Ju-on 1.

So you get around 40-50 minutes of new material and ideas. But if you can live with that i say go for it. Just make sure to get it cheap.

Windowlicker 10-29-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 498198)
Well..... Itīs kind of a cheat.

The first 30 minutes of Ju-on 2 is the same as the last 30 minutes of Ju-on 1.

So you get around 40-50 minutes of new material and ideas. But if you can live with that i say go for it. Just make sure to get it cheap.

oh ok, bit wierd.
il look 4 it cheap off the net then, as its like 15 qwid in all the shops iv seen it in so far.

Angra 10-29-2006 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windowlicker (Post 498210)
oh ok, bit wierd.
il look 4 it cheap off the net then, as its like 15 qwid in all the shops iv seen it in so far.

Yeah, i would say itīs worth around 6..

SleezeQueen 11-01-2006 08:16 PM

I just saw both Ju On 2 and the Grudge 2. The gruge 2 of course had really good effects and a good stroy line but I think overall it was lame in the way most american movies are lol I LUVED Ju On 2 I thought it was great and the ending really did it for me :p I dont see tons of connects with the two of them personally.

-S

Angra 11-02-2006 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleezeQueen (Post 501045)
I just saw both Ju On 2 and the Grudge 2. The gruge 2 of course had really good effects and a good stroy line but I think overall it was lame in the way most american movies are lol I LUVED Ju On 2 I thought it was great and the ending really did it for me :p I dont see tons of connects with the two of them personally.

-S

You know that the japanese series goes like this, right?:

Ju-on
Ju-on 2
Ju-on - the grudge
ju-on - the grudge 2
And soon Ju-on - the grudge 3

So which japanese ju-on did you actually watch?