Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Worst Dracula Films (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63764)

phantomstranger 10-25-2013 08:59 AM

The Worst Dracula Films

I've been a Dracula fanatic for decades, and with the new NBC series starting tonight I've been looking back over the history of the character in film.
We've probably all seen the great versions (Nosferatu, Lugosi, Lee etc) but with a character this old you can't help but have more than a few losers in the bunch.
So just for laughs, what are some of the worst Dracula movies/shows you've seen?
Here's just a few of my "favorites"

"Die Hard Dracula" (pointless, plotless and completely amateurish, but hysterical)
"Billy The Kid vs Dracula" (legendary crapfest. Just as bad as you've heard)
"Dracula vs Frankenstein" (oh, so bad. sad to see Lon Chaney jr and J. Carrol Nash in such crap)
"Satanic Rites Of Dracula" (Lee's last Dracula film.What a sad way to go)
"Dracula In Istanbul" (Turkish vampire film. Dear gods, what were they on)
" Bram Stokers Dracula" (I know, lots of people love this film, but I personally loathe it)
and my personal favorite:

"Dracula's Dog" (The name says it all)

I haven't seen "Argentos Dracula" yet, but I hear it's pretty bad.
I know there's lots more out there, so lets get the lists going!

MichaelMyers 10-25-2013 09:12 AM

Blacula...

hammerfan 10-25-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers (Post 958999)
Blacula...

Ha! You beat me to it!

phantomstranger 10-25-2013 09:48 AM

Ahhh, how can you say that guys, "Blacula" is "GROOVY, BABY, GROOVY"....ok...it...sucks :D

ferretchucker 10-25-2013 10:03 AM

I mean..."Drake". Jesus wept.

On a side note, how the hell does that shop stay in business? Two people working, no customers, middle of the day, music playing, fridges running. Their overheads must be ridiculous.

_____V_____ 10-25-2013 10:19 AM

Dracula: Dead and Loving It
Van Helsing
Blood of Dracula's Castle
Dracula 3000

ferretchucker 10-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 959011)
Dracula: Dead and Loving It

I'm afraid I have to call this film a guilty pleasure of mine. One of Brook's worst and it DOES have some terrible moments, but this scene gets me every time.

phantomstranger 10-25-2013 11:12 AM

I forgot (mercifully) about Dracula 3000. That one howls at the moon, its such a dog.
As for "...Dead and Loving It", I have to agree with Ferretchucker, it's a guilty pleasure. Bad, but fun.

ferretchucker 10-25-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomstranger (Post 959015)
I forgot (mercifully) about Dracula 3000. That one howls at the moon, its such a dog.
As for "...Dead and Loving It", I have to agree with Ferretchucker, it's a guilty pleasure. Bad, but fun.

Ah yes, that's the one that goes with the Judas storyline, right?

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm thinking of Dracula 2000. Too many millennial Draculas...

Ferox13 10-25-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 959002)
Ha! You beat me to it!

Blacula is a great film, as is the sequel.

How about Deafula or SOn of Dracula (the Ringo star one)?

I haven't seen Spermula or Dracula Suck but I imagine they are bad.