Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Compilations and Pastimes (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   1896 - 2012: The Official HDC Selection from 100+ Years of Horror Cinema (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63436)

_____V_____ 09-03-2013 10:27 PM

Thank you, guys, but thank yourselves as well. This would not have been possible AT ALL without all of your constant inputs, tireless efforts and encouragement throughout the past year, which has made such a huge project a successful one. A big pat on the backs of each one of you!

Despare 09-04-2013 05:50 AM

A wonderful look at a genre that never really gets proper consideration. 100+ years of fantastic movies, incomparable actors, and great memories.

newb 09-04-2013 08:08 AM

GREAT CEASARS GHOST!

What a beautiful thread

Excellent job as per usual V

fortunato 09-05-2013 02:43 PM

My stars, V. This is invaluable.
Honored to have been even a small part of this project. The biggest thanks and appreciation to you and everyone else that put time and energy into it.

Hopefully Flayed will see it up here someday.

_____V_____ 09-10-2013 11:19 AM

Sat down and went through the original discussion thread yet again, and added all the blurbs I could find for some of the selected 200 films.

Please go through them and then PM me, if you would like to add some more blurbs for your other favorite films in the 200 (except Honorable Mentions), and/or if you want to lengthen/shorten any of the existing blurbs I dug out of the original thread.

roshiq 09-18-2013 09:57 AM

Oh, man! I wish I could contributed more. I think I was involved up to 70s. Anyway, magnificent work, guys! It's huge & surely another brilliant accomplishment done by this forum uniquely. Kudos goes to FlayedOne for the idea and none other than our one & only master organizer V, needless to say-without him it couldn't be possible.

Fearonsarms 12-04-2013 09:55 AM

I agree with everyone this is amazing I'm very happy to see this ambitious project come to light sorry I couldn't have contributed more being offline for most of this year but well done to everyone involved in this remarkable project

Giganticface 05-12-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 956089)
HDC MEMBERS SPECIALLY RECOMMEND...

Django Kill... If You Live, Shoot! (aka) Se sei vivo spara (1967)

It's a horror/western hybrid that reflects the cultural changes of the time and a general shift towards cynicism in art: Hypocrisy in religion, gay cowboy gangs, suicide, and explicit violence (the scalping scene is epic). Plus, the avenging protagonist is the walking dead, and a generally a bad dude. An anti-hero. - Giganticface

This is free on Xfinity On Demand right now (for me at least, and my package doesn't include any premium channels). I thought that was interesting, being such an obscure and gonzo movie. I'm going to have to watch it again.

Sculpt 05-14-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giganticface (Post 994717)
This is free on Xfinity On Demand right now (for me at least, and my package doesn't include any premium channels). I thought that was interesting, being such an obscure and gonzo movie. I'm going to have to watch it again.

don't forget to leave bread crumbs...

Giganticface 05-15-2015 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 994842)
don't forget to leave bread crumbs...

I don't get it.