Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Indiana Jones (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64006)

Jigsaw Killer 12-12-2013 03:54 AM

Indiana Jones

Any fans of this series here? It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. Disney recently bought the rights to more films, I'm excited. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film.

phantomstranger 12-12-2013 03:10 PM

one of my all time favorite film franchises. "Raiders" is my favorite, but I love "Temple Of Doom".
"Last Crusade" is probably my least favorite, and , yes I enjoyed " Crystal Skulls".

The Ugly Duchess 12-12-2013 06:42 PM

Love this series. Can watch them over & over again & again.

Raiders my favorite!:scared to death:

Love them all but Last Crusade would be my fourth choice. But I still think that it is great especially with Sean Connery as Dad.

Sculpt 12-12-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer (Post 961308)
Any fans of this series here? It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. Disney recently bought the rights to more films, I'm excited. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film.

Raiders is one of my all-time favorite films. I think all the sequels paled in comparison, though I enjoyed them all.

Temple delivered on the exotic, but that wore off. Thought it was formulaic and a bit too much of a caricature of Raiders. I found the ending of Temple disappointing.

I liked Crusade a bit better than the other 2 sequels. I thought it was a bit more thoughtful and original. The scene of Indy backing into Hitler is all-time film classic.

Monkey Skull was a tad bit forgettable to me. The atom bomb scene was memorable, the rest not so much.

Despare 12-14-2013 06:57 PM

One of my favorite part about the Indiana Jones movies are the obstacles he faces. I remember watching Crystal Skull around the same time Iron Man (which had its share of great moments don't get me wrong) came out and noticing such a difference between the small amount of adversity Iron Man had to face compared to Indie. Stark had a tough time in the beginning, leveled everything, and then had an anti-climatic "boss fight". The antagonists in the Jones films are always on his tail and there's really no breathing room.

Jigsaw Killer 12-17-2013 12:41 AM

Good to see there's other fans here :) I still got to get the Blu-ray set of all four that came out last year.

Jigsaw Killer 12-21-2013 09:04 PM

On a related note, what's everyone's favorite action scene in the series? The mine cart chase in Temple Of Doom is mine by a big margin. Still an incredible scene and one I always look forward to every time I watch the film.

Ferox13 12-22-2013 01:23 AM

One of my favourite trilogies ever. Next to Jaws, Raiders was my most memorable childhood cinema experience.

_____V_____ 12-22-2013 02:16 AM

One of my most cherished series. Can watch all 4 movies umpteen times and never get bored.

1) Raiders
2) Last Crusade
3) Temple of Doom
4) Crystal Skull

TBH, I have forgotten most bits of Crystal Skull, except that fantastic CGI-filled ending. As for chase sequences, three immediately come to mind:

1) Indy on a horse taking on ze Germans and their tanks to rescue Dad Connery in Last Crusade,

2) Young Indy being chased over a moving train (with bogies filled with circus shows, one had a snakes pit) in Last Crusade.

3) Indy and Dad Connery chased by Germans in motorcycles, again in Last Crusade.

Not so much as a chase sequence, but the one in Raiders where they are running around the streets of Cairo with Karen Allen loaded into a tall basket, culminating with the vegetable market scene.

Another good one is at the beginning of Raiders - Indy, booby traps, huge chasing boulder, natives and Belloq.

urgeok2 12-22-2013 05:30 AM

just like Star Wars, i really only like the first one ..