Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Remakes (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13719)

ItsAlive75 02-12-2005 07:53 PM

Remakes

Aight...

So we got a remake of House of Wax (with Paris Hilton??), we got remakes of Amityville Horror, The Hills Have Eyes, The Fog... Got an adaptation of War of the Worlds, and a rumor of an Exorcist remake.

Is there any originality in Hollywood left? Comic book movies? Remakes and adaptations? Unnecessary sequels?

Elvis_Christ 02-12-2005 08:22 PM

I've been enjoying all the comic book adaption movies (I fucking loved Spiderman in particular). But yeh it seems like a real bad time originality wise for Hollywood even tho I have enjoyed a lot of the remakes they've done that I thought would be shit (TCM and Dawn Of The Dead). The remake that's gonna totally fuck me off is Assault on Precinct 13.......what the fuck are they thinking??!! :eek:

majorbludd 02-12-2005 08:42 PM

no need to mess with the original precint 13....i wont even rent the new one....besides, i don't watch movies with john leguizamo in em'...i get real sick and break out all over....i saw a preview somewhere for a fantastic four movie.....didn't look disgusting...shit, its gotta be better than daredevil.

BH14 02-12-2005 08:46 PM

i too enjoyed the dawn of the dead and TCM re-make.

The STE 02-12-2005 09:18 PM

I haven't had to do this to any non-spamming people ("noobs" count, I consider that whole folder spam) in a while, but

Fuck You

How many "Hollywood has no originality, they're just remaking and sequelizing and adapting everything!" threads do we REALLY need? Hey, they're remaking a lot of things, and making quite a few sequels, and adapting books and comic books, big fucking revelation. Next you'll tell me that, GASP, they're out to make money!

X¤MurderDoll¤X 02-12-2005 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The STE
I haven't had to do this to any non-spamming people ("noobs" count, I consider that whole folder spam) in a while, but

Fuck You

How many "Hollywood has no originality, they're just remaking and sequelizing and adapting everything!" threads do we REALLY need? Hey, they're remaking a lot of things, and making quite a few sequels, and adapting books and comic books, big fucking revelation. Next you'll tell me that, GASP, they're out to make money!

hahaha yes. I'm tired of hearing this crap aswell.

Chainsaw Guy 02-12-2005 09:50 PM

don't care about any of those movies

Sedated_replica 02-12-2005 10:42 PM

TCM remake was horrible and it had no purpose. but no one seem too explain that.

But The Hills Have Eyes remake.....

(I might get bashed) but that MIGHT be good

IDrinkYourBlood 02-13-2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The STE
maybe members of this forum dont have any original idead for threads.

AUSTIN316426808 02-13-2005 04:04 AM

I don't see the problem with adapting books/comic books to films and as for remakes I thought Dawn of the Dead was great and TCM was mildly entertaining as well IMO.

And remakes do make sense, take a film that made alot of money and was popular, change some things around to bring it up to speed with the times and release it and odds are it'll do well. So maybe Hollywood as run out of ideas or maybe they're just doing what everybody else for the most part wants to do and that's make money.