Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

LuvablePsycho 09-21-2018 07:10 AM

Well on the bright side I finally got to meet my baby neice. ::love::

Dead Bad Things 09-21-2018 08:15 AM

Yeah Bloof he's doin' alright..It's a tough balance to strike tryn' to show the boy positive ways to grieve, when at times I feel broken and drowning.
Just got word about Day of the Dead goin' on down in Missoula Nov.2... part of me is like yeah I got this...and part sees myself lyin' in street struck down by grief.

Dead Bad Things 09-21-2018 08:47 AM

And what of the remains?...
I have a long list on paper of all our favorite haunts.
Convergence points in the laylines of the earth, sacred places where we shared our love and bared our souls..
How deep in my emotional well must I delve to find the strength to go to these places and scatter ashes?
I can only imagine the state I'll be in..and to let my son see me in that condition..it's tough to face.

hammerfan 09-21-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho (Post 1033553)
Well on the bright side I finally got to meet my baby neice. ::love::

I bet she's adorable

Morningriser 09-21-2018 10:42 AM

DBT, I have never been married but I have lost plenty of loved ones in my life and to be honest, my former girlfriend who I was with for 11 years, one of the ways I try to get past her is to just picture that she is gone. I know it's never easy, especially considering you have a child that will always remind you of her no matter how long it takes your wounds to heal, but time will heal you. You just have to be strong for yourself and for your son. You seem like a very philosophical and open-minded man so I think you got this. Just keep your head held high and stay optimistic and let your love for your wife live on through the child the two of you share together. Remember we are all here for you whenever you need us and we always will be.

Dead Bad Things 09-21-2018 12:42 PM

Thanks for the good word bro.

Sculpt 09-21-2018 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things (Post 1033554)
Yeah Bloof he's doin' alright..It's a tough balance to strike tryn' to show the boy positive ways to grieve, when at times I feel broken and drowning.
Just got word about Day of the Dead goin' on down in Missoula Nov.2... part of me is like yeah I got this...and part sees myself lyin' in street struck down by grief.

I've never been to Day of the Dead, but my understanding is it's celebrating the life of the loved one as part of a grieving process, and you do it with others, which sounds like a positive experience... and I can't speak for you, but sounds like a setting less likely to drown.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things (Post 1033555)
And what of the remains?...
I have a long list on paper of all our favorite haunts.
Convergence points in the laylines of the earth, sacred places where we shared our love and bared our souls..
How deep in my emotional well must I delve to find the strength to go to these places and scatter ashes?
I can only imagine the state I'll be in..and to let my son see me in that condition..it's tough to face.

I think it's healthy for your son to see you grieve. As I'm sure he does, he ought to know it's OK to grieve, cause dad grieves too. Maybe you should even welcome that.

Did she ask you spread her ashes in these places? If not, I don't know that it's really healthy to put yourself through that. I think our loved ones would want to be remembered, but they wouldn't want us to be tortured by the memories.

LuvablePsycho 09-21-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1033561)
I bet she's adorable

She is! And the little tomato head gets so red when she cries just like my brother does when he's upset or blushing. ::big grin::

Dead Bad Things 09-22-2018 05:29 AM

My bad, I shouldn't of even gone there...I'll get myself together someday.

Morningriser 09-22-2018 07:46 AM

has anyone seen this yet? it is a Green test of Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker. I am really excited about this as it is an origin story so I'm not really worried about the weird makeup considering in The Killing Joke He was a failed comedian before becoming the Joker. I am really I am really excited about this movie.