Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Which classic film is YOUR Halloween ritual? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66486)

Oro13 10-23-2015 06:22 AM

Which classic film is YOUR Halloween ritual?

I'm new, so forgive me if this has already been done.

We're all ( obviously ) big genre fans, and all have our favs, but which classic is your yearly ritual for the Halloween season?

Personally, I always make it a point to watch Dario Argento's Phenomena every year around this time. I think it's one of his more underrated films and it also went on to inspire one of my favorite video game series.

PurpleEagle 10-28-2015 12:07 PM

I find Candyman to be my Halloween ritual. If I have to make up a tradition, watching it would be awesome. I love the music, scenery and deaths that are still interesting to this day.

MichaelMyers 10-28-2015 12:13 PM

Halloween.

Roiffalo 10-28-2015 02:27 PM

I would make it tradition to watch American Werewolf in London every year, but I seldom get the time on the actual night of. My girlfriend and I made a list of horror movies to watch for Halloween though. We hope to be able to watch it next year. Along with AWIL I added Halloween and Trick or Treat.

Morningriser 10-28-2015 02:56 PM

when I was a kid I watched Rocky Horror Picture Show every year but for the last 15 or so years I mix it up and watch a fuck ton of horror on Halloween. I seem to watch Halloween and Evil Dead II the most.

DeadbeatAtDawn 10-28-2015 03:07 PM

I watch Halloween 78, House of Wax 53, Trick R Treat added Lord of Tears. I watch random all through the day. These are my night time films that make me feel Halloween. : )

I'm going to add Tales of Halloween too!

Repo'd 10-28-2015 03:29 PM

Love hearing what you all will be watching on our most Holy Hallowday.

For me it's Carpenter's Halloween in prime time Halloween night. Around that I'll watch a ton of other stuff, Like Night of the Living Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and whatever strikes me.

Oh, and Monster House while eating cereal in the morning. That's become a Halloween day tradition too.

MichaelMyers 10-28-2015 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1004068)
Love hearing what you all will be watching on our most Holy Hallowday.

For me it's Carpenter's Halloween in prime time Halloween night. Around that I'll watch a ton of other stuff, Like Night of the Living Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and whatever strikes me.

Oh, and Monster House while eating cereal in the morning. That's become a Halloween day tradition too.

What cereal?

RavageRitual 10-28-2015 04:38 PM

I always watch original Halloween on Halloween night. It just makes the day feel complete and I love that. This year were watching it on VHS which is really gonna be awesome!

::devil::

Martha 10-28-2015 06:00 PM

If I am not at a party I usually watch:

Halloween
The Shining
Friday The 13Th
Night Of The Demon

My regulars.