Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Random Thoughts... (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40795)

wizard of gore 08-21-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Love (Post 932257)
I'm thinking a couple of things at the moment.

I'm thinking about a few ideas for horror stories that I have and if I should begin writing them tonight or wait.

maybex giant mexican shit could be a good horror story

in the middle of the night when hes asleep his giant shit creeps back out of the toilet to take revenge etc......

Fearonsarms 08-21-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara (Post 932288)
I have come off my mentalist tablets and feel human for the first time in ages..As much as I adore zombies,being one is a tad stifling .
"Its aliiiiiiiive" !!!!!!etc

You shouldn't be zombiefied when you're taking those kinds of tablets. Any doctor worth his wage would pick up on it and change them to something that doesn't zap all your energy (different meds effect different people in different ways). Although saying that it is good that you seem happy without them I hope you never need to go back on them. Good luck for the future :)

Dara 08-21-2012 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fearonsarms (Post 932304)
You shouldn't be zombiefied when you're taking those kinds of tablets. Any doctor worth his wage would pick up on it and change them to something that doesn't zap all your energy (different meds effect different people in different ways). Although saying that it is good that you seem happy without them I hope you never need to go back on them. Good luck for the future :)

Theyre not anti depressants they are mood stabilisers(im bi polar).Kinda keep you level.Being level is really poo,im going to see if I can manage the ups and downs myself without being sectioned!Sick of being on medication .. it has been years now.If it doesnt work ill admit defeat and get back on the zombie pills.

Fearonsarms 08-21-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara (Post 932305)
Theyre not anti depressants they are mood stabilisers(im bi polar).Kinda keep you level.Being level is really poo,im going to see if I can manage the ups and downs myself without being sectioned!Sick of being on medication .. it has been years now.If it doesnt work ill admit defeat and get back on the zombie pills.

You're right zombie pills are definitely better than being sectioned-I have a few mates who are bi-polar on mood stabilizers (Lithium,Deprakote, Olanzapine) they mix them with alcohol but I've never seen them go manic or zombiefied thank goodness and if they did they would tell their psychiatrist so and get them changed.

As you say if you're sick of meds I completely understand that but if my mates stopped taking their meds I know they would go manic and get sectioned so I genuinely hope that doesn't happen to you. Be extremely careful-I sincerely hope it works out for you :)

hammerfan 08-21-2012 04:12 AM

I realized this morning that I'll be flying in to Tampa probably around the same time as all the Republicans coming to town for the Republican National Convention. :rolleyes:

Dara 08-21-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Медвежуть (Post 932356)
ouch, bipolar sucks biiig time if you're not on meds. get back on them before you start eating faces. i'm dead serious

and, since we're talking about bi, may i ask if you bisexual too? it's just a random thought i had as soon as i saw your pic. if it offends you just tell me to fuck off

haha :D

Doesnt offend me at all !I look like a massive lesbian but I do infact worship the cock !

Mr-X 08-21-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dara (Post 932360)
Doesnt offend me at all !I look like a massive lesbian but I do infact worship the cock !

thats not nice to say about yourself :O i mean calling yourself a massive lesbian just so you know

Dr. Love 08-21-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Interesting. I, too, am Bi-Polar. Although, I don't take anything for it. Hell, I don't know how anybody hasn't been able to tell. I guess because I keep myself secluded.

newb 08-21-2012 11:49 AM

back in my day nobody was "bi-polar" or had "a.d.d."...they were just fucking nuts

and the term "politically correct" didn't exist

Atraxi 08-21-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

You can definitely be medication free while bipolar depending on what type of bipolar disorder you have. If you're the type who ascends mania into some type of psychosis then you should definitely still be taking medications. No medication, whether it be an anti-depressant or mood stabilizer should make you feel like a zombie and if that's the case, your psychiatrist needs to work with you on finding a medication that works with you, not against you.

Knowing your triggers, patterns (if you have them), times of day/night when you're more manic or depressed, how you react to your mood fluctuations (alcohol, painting, exercise, screaming, etc), etc will help you to get a handle on your bipolar disorder while being medication free. Learning good coping skills is essential, and having a daily routine also helps. Another very important thing is to have a good safety net of friends and family who are supportive and patient; anyone who isn't those things, you should probably remove them from your life.

I honestly hope that you can do this because while medication is great for some people, it's not appropriate for everyone and being medication-free is so much less of a hassle sometimes. However, if you do need medication, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that at all and it shows a lot of strength to admit that you need help and are willing to accept it. Also, I'm not a doctor or a licensed practitioner of any sort.