Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   TV Shows (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ASH. VS. EVIL. DEAD. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66091)

cheebacheeba 07-13-2015 12:19 AM

ASH. VS. EVIL. DEAD.

Here's your thread.
Looks great...I'm so down to wash away the failure remake...

hammerfan 07-13-2015 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 997380)

Here's your thread.
Looks great...I'm so down to wash away the failure remake...

I can't wait!!!!!

Serpenthrope 07-13-2015 08:05 AM

I'm now seriously wondering what the appropriate make-shift grave marker is for Jews...I mean, it seems like a Star of David would be a lot harder to fashion than a cross...

Jake.Ashworth 07-13-2015 11:36 AM

Im losing it im so excited. This is my shit and so far it looks like they did it right.

hammerfan 07-13-2015 12:13 PM

Do we know when it starts?

Serpenthrope 07-16-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 997406)
Do we know when it starts?

October 31.::devil::

hammerfan 07-16-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpenthrope (Post 997516)
October 31.::devil::

Sweet! Thanks!

Frank Lefanu 09-24-2015 03:51 PM

Looking forward to this much more than your typical tv-based horror show. It's made by, and starring, guys who made the original movie series, so it will likely take on a more cinematic approach to its own story, instead of the bland tv serial style.

Giganticface 10-30-2015 07:36 PM

Holy cow!! This was even better than I expected!

Raimi and Campbell together again... This is a dream come true. Normally I would be careful about overselling something, but in this case, if you're an Evil Dead fan, there's no risk of that.

Campbell is just as funny as ever, and the script is clever and fresh, and 100% in line with the originals. The Deadites are Deadites, not like the more standard possessed in the remake.

My only gripe is that there are a few CG head explosions, which never would have happened in the original trilogy, even if the technology existed then, but I guess times change. No more claymation splatter, and there's a fight with a cute CG toy doll, which in spirit, feels like it would fit in Army of Darkness, but the effect is typical modern animation.

Overall though, this is easily going to be my most anticipated show each week. Good going, Sam and Bruce!

Jake.Ashworth 11-02-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giganticface (Post 1004348)
Holy cow!! This was even better than I expected!

Raimi and Campbell together again... This is a dream come true. Normally I would be careful about overselling something, but in this case, if you're an Evil Dead fan, there's no risk of that.

Campbell is just as funny as ever, and the script is clever and fresh, and 100% in line with the originals. The Deadites are Deadites, not like the more standard possessed in the remake.

My only gripe is that there are a few CG head explosions, which never would have happened in the original trilogy, even if the technology existed then, but I guess times change. No more claymation splatter, and there's a fight with a cute CG toy doll, which in spirit, feels like it would fit in Army of Darkness, but the effect is typical modern animation.

Overall though, this is easily going to be my most anticipated show each week. Good going, Sam and Bruce!

I loved it too, I think they went overboard on the little CGI they used to make it come across campier. They could have done it more cleanly but it almost seemed like they tried to make it over the top. It was wicked, my only complaint would be the opening scene. Its not really in Character for Ash to pick up sleazy chicks in bars. But I think I kind of understand what they where trying to do. Regardless, it was incredible!