Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Departed on DVD. (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28052)

alkytrio666 02-12-2007 06:36 PM

The Departed on DVD.

Tomorrow....

...The Departed is out on DVD! I seriously haven't looked forward to a DVD release this much in my entire life. I'll be picking up my 2-disc copy immediately after school.

Anyone with me?

cactus 02-12-2007 06:49 PM

Definitely. I've already told the wife that I'll be stopping by the store tomorrow to get her Valentine's Day "present". :D

illdojo 02-12-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkytrio666 (Post 551513)
Tomorrow....

...The Departed is out on DVD! I seriously haven't looked forward to a DVD release this much in my entire life. I'll be picking up my 2-disc copy immediately after school.

Anyone with me?

Hell yeah, I'm going to wally-world aka Wal-Mart @ midnight. :D
I can't wait to finally see Jack as a villain again. :cool:

AUSTIN316426808 02-12-2007 11:06 PM

I already picked it up over the weekend.

can't get enough gore 02-13-2007 06:59 AM

my grandmother buys every new dvd she can get her hands on so i wont need to buy it ill just borrow it:D

doctor satan 02-13-2007 06:59 AM

i'm a huge Scorsese fan but I did'nt get a chance to see this at the cinema. is it true that this is just a remake of the Korean thriller Infernal Affairs?

Roderick Usher 02-13-2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doctor satan (Post 551684)
i'm a huge Scorsese fan but I did'nt get a chance to see this at the cinema. is it true that this is just a remake of the Korean thriller Infernal Affairs?

Yeah it's a remake of Infernal Affains (which is from Hong Kong, not Korea) but I wouldn't say "just" a remake. It's a remake with the best possible actors, writer and director

alkytrio666 02-13-2007 12:37 PM

Just picked up my Steelbook 2-Disc Special Edition. I'm happy as a lark.

The_Return 02-13-2007 01:19 PM

Im excited to see it, but personally Im more excited about The Prestige coming out on DVD.

The Mothman 02-13-2007 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkytrio666 (Post 551513)
Tomorrow....

Anyone with me?

oh yeah. im pumped. I cant wait to see nicholson portray Costello again. I dont think ive seen a performance that strong before...well, ever. he just shines. im psyched.

*edit*

oh wait, thats today!

illdojo 02-14-2007 10:16 PM

I absolutely loved this film. Every actor was killer in their roles.
Especially Jack, Leo, and Alex Baldwin.
:confused: I can't believe Marky Mark is the only one nominated for an Oscar. :confused:

Unaboner3000 02-14-2007 11:26 PM

The Departed on DVD.

Recently watched a DVD copy of The Departed. I have to say I am embarassed I haven't seen this film before now. This was one of the best films I've seen in years. The plot was superb, and the acting (surprisingly, with Leo Dicapprio and Matt Damon) was also superb. Action, suspense, intrigue... and an insane last ten minutes to this film. Anyone like me that thought this movie was likely to suck, do yourself a favor and go buy this film. You will not be disappointed. This movie already deserves to be labeled as CLASSIC.

alkytrio666 02-15-2007 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unaboner3000 (Post 552631)
Recently watched a DVD copy of The Departed. I have to say I am embarassed I haven't seen this film before now. This was one of the best films I've seen in years. The plot was superb, and the acting (surprisingly, with Leo Dicapprio and Matt Damon) was also superb. Action, suspense, intrigue... and an insane last ten minutes to this film. Anyone like me that thought this movie was likely to suck, do yourself a favor and go buy this film. You will not be disappointed. This movie already deserves to be labeled as CLASSIC.

Leo has grown up, gotten some balls. He can justifiably called a great actor now. Have you seen Blood Diamond?

Shadow 02-15-2007 08:59 AM

I was pleasently surprised at how much I liked this film. I seen the trailer and knew I wanted to see the film just it wasnt one I was excited about. However after watching this film I would say I will buy the DVD (when I have money :( ) because I really enjoyed this film.

bwind22 02-15-2007 07:14 PM

SPOILERS BELOW (Don't read the rest of my post if you haven't seen the film.)

There were a few plotpoints that I either missed or was confused on & was wondering if any of you guys know... Are the microprocessors ever found/recovered by anyone? Why did Matt Damon recommend Leo for the Medal of Merit when there wasn't really any need for him to do so at that point?

If you answer these questions, make sure to post a spoiler warning at the top of your post like I did as a courtesy to others that might not have seen this movie yet.

AUSTIN316426808 02-15-2007 07:57 PM

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

When Frank hangs up with Sullivan and runs into Queenan and Dignam he says something along the lines of...''Yeah, I read about that..something about you guys picking up some chinamen with a briefcase full of light circuits or something.''

As for Sullivan putting Costigan up for the medal, Since Costello was gone and that case was done with I'm guessing Costigan's undercover work became known. So in an attempt to furthur remove any suspision that may've been there after indirectly blowing his head off, he played the good guy role a little extra.

It was after pretty much everything was said and done, so I don't think there's any definite answer or signifigance to it. What I got from it was a nervous guy trying to make himself look as good and not guilty as possible.

bwind22 02-15-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 (Post 553100)
DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

When Frank hangs up with Sullivan and runs into Queenan and Dignam he says something along the lines of...''Yeah, I read about that..something about you guys picking up some chinamen with a briefcase full of light circuits or something.''

Yeah. That's why I'm wondering what happened to the real processors because that was what the cops were asking him. What I got out of that was that he ripped the Chinese guys off & sold them fakes. So what happened to the real ones?

Quote:

As for Sullivan putting Costigan up for the medal, Since Costello was gone and that case was done with I'm guessing Costigan's undercover work became known. So in an attempt to furthur remove any suspision that may've been there after indirectly blowing his head off, he played the good guy role a little extra.

It was after pretty much everything was said and done, so I don't think there's any definite answer or signifigance to it. What I got from it was a nervous guy trying to make himself look as good and not guilty as possible.
Yeah, that could be. I guess it makes sense.

AUSTIN316426808 02-15-2007 08:29 PM

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwind22 (Post 553102)
Yeah. That's why I'm wondering what happened to the real processors because that was what the cops were asking him. What I got out of that was that he ripped the Chinese guys off & sold them fakes. So what happened to the real ones?

Oooooh...I don't believe they explained that. After Costello died it wasn't really necessary to go on about it and they went on with the rest of the story.

bwind22 02-15-2007 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSTIN316426808 (Post 553104)

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Oooooh...I don't believe they explained that. After Costello died it wasn't really necessary to go on about it and they went on with the rest of the story.

Hmm. I didn't think they covered it, but if those processors were such a big global threat, it's kinda funny that the film just left them floating around in the criminal underworld somewhere. Maybe they were in the box with the audio tapes that Costello left to Leonardo. ???

AUSTIN316426808 02-15-2007 08:57 PM

DEPARTED SPOILERS BELOW

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwind22 (Post 553105)
Hmm. I didn't think they covered it, but if those processors were such a big global threat, it's kinda funny that the film just left them floating around in the criminal underworld somewhere. Maybe they were in the box with the audio tapes that Costello left to Leonardo. ???

There's a number of ways you could look at it, one being they were in the box with the audio tapes as you said.

Another would be that the players left..Costigan, Sullivan and Ellerby...would at that point of a case(Costigan being completely out and Ellerby/Sullivan being high ranking officers) only be recieving any information still coming and not directly going to search Costello's establishments and whatnot. Therefor the remainder of anything to do with the case was no longer needed in the movie but rather behind the scenes so to speak. That's how I decided to put it together.

bwind22 02-15-2007 09:01 PM

I just thought it odd that the computer chips were such an important piece of the plot in the earlygoings & then were basically just forgotten about.

AUSTIN316426808 02-15-2007 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwind22 (Post 553111)
I just thought it odd that the computer chips were such an important piece of the plot in the earlygoings & then were basically just forgotten about.

I didn't really take it as all that important, but rather the biggest thing that happened to be going on at the time they were able to get Costigan in. He didn't just walk over there from state HQ and say I want a job, it took awhile.

And besides that, nothing's perfect.