Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Classic Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Has anyone seen C.H.U.D? (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67765)

deaddread 11-02-2016 07:23 AM

Has anyone seen C.H.U.D?

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, new to the site. Interested in expanding my horror collection. Thinking about getting the movie C.H.U.D 1984. The trailer looks great, very campy/goofy looking. Has anyone here seen it? If so how would you rate it?

Repo'd 11-02-2016 07:28 AM

I like C.H.U.D

Yep, it's campy and fun, and it's a stellar cast. I don't think it's a great movie but it's entertaining enough that I believe it should be in every Horror fans collection.

If you are a fan of commentary tracks, get the Anchor Bay DVD. The commentary is hilarious and lays out a lot of cool shit about the making of the movie.

sfear 11-02-2016 06:11 PM

Saw it a long time ago. Unfortunately don't remember anything about it.::sad::

Sculpt 11-02-2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1021388)
Hi, new to the site. Interested in expanding my horror collection. Thinking about getting the movie C.H.U.D 1984. The trailer looks great, very campy/goofy looking. Has anyone here seen it? If so how would you rate it?

I saw it at the theater with my buddy. They weren't supposed to let us young-ins in without parent or guardian...

I remember CHUD as totally serious. It has it's moments... to see once, but not purchase, it's not that good. Rate: 4/10 but that's just from a very old memory...

Killah Kane 11-02-2016 09:02 PM

I read that there are two cuts of this film. Usually I prefer Director's Cuts. Does the Director's Cut improve upon the theatrical cut here?

Ferox13 11-03-2016 03:19 AM

The acting is alot better than you'd expect - rewatched it a few weeks ago..Never saw he sequel which i will rectify soon.

deaddread 11-07-2016 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo'd (Post 1021392)
I like C.H.U.D

Yep, it's campy and fun, and it's a stellar cast. I don't think it's a great movie but it's entertaining enough that I believe it should be in every Horror fans collection.

If you are a fan of commentary tracks, get the Anchor Bay DVD. The commentary is hilarious and lays out a lot of cool shit about the making of the movie.

I'll give it a shot. Anchor Bay DVD's, is that like a Mystery Science Theater commentary track?

deaddread 11-07-2016 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1021423)
I saw it at the theater with my buddy. They weren't supposed to let us young-ins in without parent or guardian...

I remember CHUD as totally serious. It has it's moments... to see once, but not purchase, it's not that good. Rate: 4/10 but that's just from a very old memory...

I'll try to find it online ans watch it to see if it's worth purchasing.

Repo'd 11-07-2016 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaddread (Post 1021597)
I'll give it a shot. Anchor Bay DVD's, is that like a Mystery Science Theater commentary track?

Nope. It's a cast and crew commentary.

RollinFan 11-07-2016 12:24 PM

It's a good match with something like Basket Case, if you want to make a night of it. And look for CHUD 2, Bud the CHUD while you're at it. I wouldn't spend more than about $10 for the pair, though. If you're a VHS fan, nearly every pile of VHS tapes has a copy of CHUD in it somewhere.