Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror.com General Forum (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AN ANYTHING GOES DEDICATED CHRISTMAS THREAD!!!! (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68304)

Sculpt 12-04-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1028873)
Here's something right up roshiq's alley.

Very Cool! Very photorealistic! I love jumping spiders.

Roiffalo 12-04-2017 10:43 PM

Jumpers are so fucking cute, even arachnophobes should love them.

Sculpt 12-05-2017 03:36 PM

They say Jumping Spiders are the only spiders that can love you back... that's one to spin on, eh?

Bloof 12-05-2017 05:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nailed it

Bloof 12-07-2017 04:58 AM

Anyone have any particular favorite Christmas treats? Things that you just have this time of year? I love fruitcake especially with the marzipan icing. I used to enjoy eggnog but now it doesn't agree with me. And these funny little candies called Misty Mints.

Sculpt 12-07-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1028941)
Anyone have any particular favorite Christmas treats? Things that you just have this time of year? I love fruitcake especially with the marzipan icing. I used to enjoy eggnog but now it doesn't agree with me. And these funny little candies called Misty Mints.

Not sure about favorites... but I surely like fruitcake, love the nuts and rasinized fruits, especially toasting it and sopping it with butter. And I really like marzipan. Our family has a simple recipe, of the almond paste in a dough-crust, that we just call marzipan. ::cool::

Bloof 12-08-2017 04:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My mom used to get these at Christmas which blew our tiny minds. Marzipan fruit candies. So realistic.

Sculpt 12-08-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloof (Post 1028954)
My mom used to get these at Christmas which blew our tiny minds. Marzipan fruit candies. So realistic.

I saw and tasted those at one family Christmas. As I recall, it was just too waxy in texture, and didn't taste good enough to get past the weirdness. ::big grin::

Roiffalo 12-08-2017 08:35 PM

Those not fruits are totally blowing my tiny mind! ::shocked::

I look forward to blueberry candy canes, Christmas cookies in a huge variety that my grandmother will (at least used to) make, and my favorite, peanut brittle!! I get at least one bag of it home made from my cousin for Christmas every year. ::love::

When I was a kid we would visit the paper mill where my dad worked, and they had this huge shindig. Visit with Santa, a large model train display was set up, and all the kids were given a treat bag with a chocolate Santa and a popcorn ball. I miss the popcorn balls. They don't taste as good as I remember them these days.

Bloof 12-09-2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roiffalo (Post 1028970)
Those not fruits are totally blowing my tiny mind! ::shocked::

I look forward to blueberry candy canes, Christmas cookies in a huge variety that my grandmother will (at least used to) make, and my favorite, peanut brittle!! I get at least one bag of it home made from my cousin for Christmas every year. ::love::

When I was a kid we would visit the paper mill where my dad worked, and they had this huge shindig. Visit with Santa, a large model train display was set up, and all the kids were given a treat bag with a chocolate Santa and a popcorn ball. I miss the popcorn balls. They don't taste as good as I remember them these days.

Awww, roif, that's a sweet memory. And it sounds like a blast for the kids. My grandmother was Spanish and didn't make the traditional Christmas cookies but made these almost little donut-like cookies. They were in the shape of stars and dipped in honey or sugar water. Delish.