Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Latest Horror Movies (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Last Seen Contemporary Movie (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63920)

cheebacheeba 03-30-2021 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1047300)
No, I thought it really had the potential to be a good kids "80's" horror flick, but it blew it. The story was just badly delivered.

How'd you find that "Summer of '84" one?

Angra 03-30-2021 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1047332)
How'd you find that "Summer of '84" one?

Netflix?

hammerfan 03-31-2021 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdealblues (Post 1047327)
Finally watched, "The Host" (2020) UK Shudder film after Hammerfan had recommended it. It was interesting. Fairly predictable but it was kind of fun.

Also watched, "The Witch" (2015). I thought it was excellent. A friend had recommended it. He said he liked it a lot but that it was slow. I think any faster and it wouldn't have had the same appeal. Reminded me of something Dante Tomaselli might have done if he had ever had a budget and a really good crew.

I'm glad you enjoyed "Host"! You're exactly right, it was predictable, but, fun. I've re-watched it a couple times.

I also like "The Witch". Although, I didn't like the ending. I would have done it differently.

realdealblues 03-31-2021 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 1047339)
I'm glad you enjoyed "Host"! You're exactly right, it was predictable, but, fun. I've re-watched it a couple times.

I also like "The Witch". Although, I didn't like the ending. I would have done it differently.

I liked the ending of The Witch, but I might have been more inclined to have the young girl enter the old witches house first, no dialogue, just the old witch stripping her of her clothes/old life and then being led outside to a fire where others were arriving from the woods and then take flight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sculpt (Post 1047330)
The Host trailer makes it look pretty good. I took a peak at Rottentomatoes and there's a huge difference between critics (25%) and audience (75%) scores. Critics calling it pedestrian and psycho ripoff, and how they hated to wait for the ending that was predictable.

Witch was slow -- poster child for the 'slow burn'. I agree, if it was faster it wouldn't make the same impact, as Alien and Rosemary's Baby.

If there's one thing I learned never to do with Horror films it's pay attention to critics...lol.

bamahorrorfan87 03-31-2021 09:17 AM

Hard to die aka sorority house massacre 3

cheebacheeba 03-31-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1047337)
Netflix?

I meant, did you like that any better>?

Angra 03-31-2021 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1047346)
I meant, did you like that any better>?

That was actually the one I was talking about. Don’t even remember Super Dark Times.

bamahorrorfan87 03-31-2021 04:47 PM

12 hour shift

cheebacheeba 03-31-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angra (Post 1047347)
That was actually the one I was talking about. Don’t even remember Super Dark Times.

I think that was the 90's based one...I only saw the trailers, it actually looked alright.
Some kind of fuck up leads to an accidental death or some such, and it's kind of about the friend group turning on each other etc

Angra 03-31-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheebacheeba (Post 1047350)
I think that was the 90's based one...I only saw the trailers, it actually looked alright.
Some kind of fuck up leads to an accidental death or some such, and it's kind of about the friend group turning on each other etc

Yea, I vaguely remember it’s about a boy and his friend with serial killer potential.