Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror.

Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. (https://www.horror.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horror Fiction Posts (https://www.horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HDC Idol 2008-09 (https://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39194)

_____V_____ 11-22-2008 08:48 AM

HDC Idol 2008-09

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...i/mybanner.gif

Good morning folks,

All of you are very welcome to HDC Idol 2008-09. Over the next few weeks, or months, we will be on the hunt for the one true HDC Superstar who has the will, wit and knowledge to be a potential celebrity in his/her own right. That person will rightfully be crowned as HDC Idol Superstar 2008-09, and will boast of the title for times immemorial.

But first, the details. As you all know, the deadline for closure of accepting confirmations ends a little less than 24 hours from now. But, in order to have a rollicking start, and tend to the thirst of curiosities regarding this event, I am boosting the opening ceremony to now. All of you are vaguely unfamiliar with the events which lie in front of you, the tests, the challenges, the twists which will keep you going or eliminate you, etc. All will be explained in due time.

For now, let's have a look at the groups, under which all confirmed participants find themselves in.

Here are...

THE OGRES

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...estar/ogre.jpg
  • Bloodrayne
  • bwind22
  • Cactus
  • Dude Guadalupe
  • Freak
  • Illdojo
  • Jenna26
  • Roshiq

THE GOBLINS

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...tll/goblin.jpg
  • Alkytrio666
  • ChronoGrl
  • Ferretchucker
  • Fortunato
  • MurderDoll
  • Painfulldeath
  • The Flayed One

and

THE ELVES

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...an/1533321.jpg
  • Gorephobia
  • Miss Macabre
  • Novakru
  • Papillon Noir
  • Pinkfloyd45769
  • Posher778
  • Dante's Inferno

Take a close look at the groups you find yourselves in. Each one of the other members in that group is YOUR IMMEDIATE OPPONENT. Because, if you have been paying attention, you have to knock over all the others in your group and finish in the Top 3 to be guranteed a spot in the next Rounds.

Which brings me to explain to you...THE RULES!!

Rules For HDC Idol 2008-09

01 - You are responsible for your actions, and your actions only. The group will NOT be held guilty or punishable for anything which you do. The sole purpose of you being a part of the group is to fight your way into the Top 3 contention, for passage into the next Rounds.

02 - Each test will involve a lot of skill, patience, knowledge and wit. It is upto you to give each test your best effort - however if you use cunningness, manipulation, and the internet for your answers, you are permitted to do so.

03 - All of you will be under the stern gazes of your Judges, and their decision will be FINAL and BINDING. No contestant is allowed to question the judgement of any Judge, or challenge their integrity. The Judges will be fair, impartial and very strict.

04 - Over the course of the event, if you indulge in any sort of skirmishes, flaming wars, name-calling etc. with a contestant or contestants, then it will not be the liability of HDC Idol or any of its Judges. We will suggest you take it to PMs, or emails, and not cause unnecessary harrassment to other contestants.

05 - At the end of the first 3 Rounds, all scores of each contestant in each group will be added up. The Top 3 winners of each group will then advance on to the Individual Challenges, who will be joined by ONE wildcard contestant who will be selected from all the losing contestants.

06 - The decision to give all losing contestants one more chance depends solely on the discretion of the Judges and the host sponsors only.

07 - We all will have a wonderful time in our quest to finding the winner. All of you are urged to take your wins and losses in the right spirit, and keep the sportsmanship spirit alive.

The deadline is still on, so the first Test will be posted once the confirmation deadline is up. Till then, watch this thread and get prepared.

ferretchucker 11-22-2008 09:06 AM

Sounds good.

bwind22 11-22-2008 09:30 AM

So who are the judges?

And thanks for putting me in to such a weak group! Muhawhahahaha!

fortunato 11-22-2008 01:15 PM

Oh, geez. Considering the company I have in the Goblins, this is not going to be easy.

missmacabre 11-22-2008 01:40 PM

Way to stick me in a group where I love everyone.

bwind22 11-22-2008 01:51 PM

You may love them, but now they are your sworn enemies. Let the bodies hit the floor.

crabapple 11-22-2008 02:06 PM

Oh my GOSH! This contest looks CREEPY! :eek:

Me scaredy :(

fortunato 11-22-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabapple (Post 761639)
Oh my GOSH! This contest looks CREEPY! :eek:

Me scaredy :(

You a-makin' me scared, Crabby! :eek: :o

The Flayed One 11-22-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 761625)
Oh, geez. Considering the company I have in the Goblins, this is not going to be easy.

Yeah, I was excited when I first saw our group, until I learned that those are the people I have to compete against.

But enough of that!

*breaks, pops, does the worm and points at fortunato*

You got served!

bwind22 11-22-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flayed One (Post 761653)
*breaks, pops, does the worm and points at fortunato*

You got served!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Damn! You served him up somethin' fierce! Go home and change your undies now fortunato!

I'm glad I don't have to face that shit 'til the finals! Those were some mad skills yo!

My group is runnin' scared. Can't say I blame 'em but still... I expected something from someone. So far not not a peep out of any of them since I elbowdropped Roshiq.

Dude Guadalupe 11-22-2008 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwind22 (Post 761661)
My group is runnin' scared. Can't say I blame 'em but still... I expected something from someone. So far not not a peep out of any of them since I elbowdropped Roshiq.

Scared? Who's scared?

*tackles bwind22, stands up and leg drops on him*

Scared? Nah.

bloody_ribcut 11-22-2008 04:02 PM

good luck to all

ChronoGrl 11-22-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 761625)

Not for you. mwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

The Flayed One 11-22-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 761680)

Don't make me serve you, woman!

*puts on old school Public Enemy*

ChronoGrl 11-22-2008 05:01 PM

*snaps fingers, breaks into running man, and then falls into a coin drop*

You got SERVED! :eek:

_____V_____ 11-22-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwind22 (Post 761586)
So who are the judges?

And thanks for putting me in to such a weak group! Muhawhahahaha!

The Judges will be revealed once the confirmation Deadline is over.

Weak group? You are going to be very surprised.

newb 11-22-2008 07:15 PM

this should be fun guys.....V always puts on a good show. If I had more time I would most def be involved....but I will be watching.....and rooting for my favorites. ;)

Good Luck all :D

_____V_____ 11-22-2008 07:45 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

All Ogres are hereby reminded to report here at Noon EST tomorrow.

Your first Test in front of the Judges will begin then.

GorePhobia 11-22-2008 09:31 PM

I really like my teammates as well but this is a competition and may the best man or women win!

bloodrayne 11-22-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 761726)
ANNOUNCEMENT

All Ogres are hereby reminded to report here at Noon EST tomorrow.

Your first Test in front of the Judges will begin then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodrayne (Post 761267)

We're actually going to celebrate his birthday on Sunday, because Dustin, Seri and my mother will be off work...Sunday is also my mother's birthday...When I was pregnant with Alex, my mother went to the hospital with me for the ultrasound (she wanted to see if it was going to be a girl or a boy, and she wanted to have a peek at the baby), and when they said his due date was November 23rd, you should have seen her face!...She looked at me and said, "Did you tell her to say that when I wasn't looking?"...The doctor looked confused, and my mother said "That's MY birthday"...She was pretty excited...He actually arrived 2 days earlier, on the 21st (as you know), but they still spend their birthdays together :)

Sunday we will take our whole bunch out to dinner, give my mother her presents, too...Then we will head out to the store so Alex can choose his new video camera

Looks like I'll be behind before I even get started :p

Dustin, too...

fortunato 11-22-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 761680)

Wait, it's not not going to be easy for me?
Or it is not going to be easy for me? :confused:

roshiq 11-22-2008 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 761711)
Weak group? You are going to be very surprised.

Never mind....he's drunk...and he has no idea what he's saying...:rolleyes:

_____V_____ 11-22-2008 09:58 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

In view of recent developments, the first Test is scheduled to begin on Sunday night, not noon as announced previously.

All Ogres are informed to be here from 10 PM EST tomorrow night. The Test will begin shortly afterwards.

ferretchucker 11-23-2008 02:17 AM

I'm excited to see what the first test is!

ChronoGrl 11-23-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortunato (Post 761736)
Wait, it's not not going to be easy for me?
Or it is not going to be easy for me? :confused:

Ohhhhhhhhhh, the clever semantic game will only get you so far, fortune boy. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by _____V_____ (Post 761739)
ANNOUNCEMENT

In view of recent developments, the first Test is scheduled to begin on Sunday night, not noon as announced previously.

All Ogres are informed to be here from 10 PM EST tomorrow night. The Test will begin shortly afterwards.

I'm not sure about the other contestants, but evenings work better for me too...

But anyway...

GOOD LUCK OGRES

fortunato 11-23-2008 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChronoGrl (Post 761789)
Ohhhhhhhhhh, the clever semantic game will only get you so far, fortune boy. :p

Drat! Clever semantic games are all I know.
I'm in for it...:(

bwind22 11-23-2008 10:16 AM

If we have to be here at a certain time, can we get more than a day's notice? Or does it not matter if we're late?

This site is blocked when I'm at work so the chances of me being here during working hours are zero.

_____V_____ 11-24-2008 05:49 AM

Cant do much when they break your cable in 4 places, but watch in sheer helplessness.

Sorry guys, I wanted this to open with a great opening ceremony, but the renovators around my place broke my internet cables about 23 hours ago. Sincerest apologies to all the Ogres and Judges who were online at the scheduled time. There are times when one cant do anything but sit in frustration, and watch things happening around you.

As for the first Test, we start with the Ogres, who are up again...and the time will be, tomorrow morning at 10 30 AM EST. Sufficient time for all Ogres to see this and be here then.

The deadline was up awhile ago, and since I didnt receive any more confirmations till then...the groups stay. Unless I get replies from 3 contestants who said they ll be in touch, since they havent been online since they PMed me.

As for the Judges, there are 4 of em all ready to rip you and your talents to pieces, and since the deadline is up, let me introduce them to you :-

Judge Number 01 - NeverEnding,

Judge Number 02 - Hammerfan,

Judge Number 03 - Austin316426808,

and

Judge Number 04 - Roderick Usher.

All the best, Ogres. I hope each one of you is upto their expectations!

GorePhobia 11-24-2008 08:32 AM

So just the Ogres have to be here so I am fine until our team is called.

Awesome!

bwind22 11-24-2008 10:11 AM

That sucks V. Tell those idiots to mind your internet cables!

I work late tonight so I probably won't get to sleep until sometime around 2 or 3am. I will not be up at 9:30 am CST but will probably be online around 11 or noon. I hope that not being here right on time doesn't end up counting against me.

Disease 11-24-2008 12:24 PM

Ahh, I thought this was going to be something where people had to make viseos of themselfs singing dodgey Barry Manilow covers...

roshiq 11-24-2008 01:11 PM

I hope I can be easily on line with new schedule.:)

_____V_____ 11-24-2008 07:38 PM

Announcements

01 - It is not necessary for you to be online when the Tests are being posted. However, you must turn in your entry before the deadlines expire, so that the Judges can comment on them. This will hold for all Tests which have a deadline - as regards live performances, that will require you to be online when you stand in front of the Judges.

02 - Initially, there will be 3 Qualifying tests. Needless to say, all 3 tests will have scores by all judges, and the Top 3 scorers from each group move into the Individual Elimination stage.

03 - Each qualifying test will have a deadline of 48 hours (except TG, for which we will have a break) and so, you have to be online at least once in that time period.

04 - The Judges are free to criticize you, even when they might hold any sort of admiration for your entries. Take that in your stride, or you may lose points with the Judges.

05 - A couple of surprises awaits all contestants when we start at 10 30 AM EST on Tuesday. Be online and see it for yourself.

hammerfan 11-25-2008 07:58 AM

I'm here, V

Dude Guadalupe 11-25-2008 08:01 AM

I'm here

hammerfan 11-25-2008 08:03 AM

Hi Dustin!

Freak 11-25-2008 08:03 AM

I'm here...

_____V_____ 11-25-2008 08:04 AM

Welcome, Dustin, Freak and esteemed Judge Hammerfan.

I guess its time so let's get this started...

Dude Guadalupe 11-25-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammerfan (Post 762600)
Hi Dustin!

*waves retardedly*

hammerfan 11-25-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude Guadalupe (Post 762603)
*waves retardedly*

Thank you for humoring the old broad! :D